Cavanagh's shimmy and the like

Started by ONeill, January 17, 2017, 10:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Padraig Joyce and the 8/9 tiny steps

magpie seanie

Quote from: criostlinn on January 18, 2017, 03:25:35 PM
Seriously lads why do ye even engage with the fool

And if you must please don't quote his posts. Several of us have him on ignore but we see his rubbish if you quote him. Thanks.

Itchy

I never recovered when we lost the Larry Reilly sprint to the corner flag and the Larry Reilly double hop.

Syferus

StGallsGAA

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 18, 2017, 09:11:21 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on January 18, 2017, 03:25:35 PM
Seriously lads why do ye even engage with the fool

And if you must please don't quote his posts. Several of us have him on ignore but we see his rubbish if you quote him. Thanks.

He's from Roscommon tho.  Remedial GAA by birth so treat him with disadvantaged compassion rather than scorn.

ONeill

The shimmy-point is alive and kicking. Though possibly only against Monaghan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lenny

Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2017, 09:15:30 PM

To do it though he has to take 8 or 9 steps. Great to watch but how no ref has picked up on it is unbelievable.

The Subbie

ONeill

Quote from: lenny on March 05, 2017, 10:25:18 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2017, 09:15:30 PM

To do it though he has to take 8 or 9 steps. Great to watch but how no ref has picked up on it is unbelievable.

The fact that Monaghan are the last to pick up on it is even more unbelievable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Quote from: lenny on March 05, 2017, 10:25:18 PM

Yeah unbelievable Lenny how ALL the refs are wrong and you are right.
A bit like how all the Armagh & Derry lads said Mulligan fouled the ball in THAT goal in 2005 in Croker.

ONeill be gentle with the Farney lads as we burst their bubble on Sat night.
I wonder would they like to meet us in the league final this year if we offered to play it in Clones not Croker.

magpie seanie

I watched Dublin v Mayo mostly on Saturday night. Amid all the super 8 and change of All Ireland dates I must have missed the change in rule governing the number of steps allowed. Players from both sides regularly taking 8-10 steps.....it's gone beyond a joke at this stage.

rosnarun

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 06, 2017, 01:43:28 PM
I watched Dublin v Mayo mostly on Saturday night. Amid all the super 8 and change of All Ireland dates I must have missed the change in rule governing the number of steps allowed. Players from both sides regularly taking 8-10 steps.....it's gone beyond a joke at this stage.
makes good defence impossible and then as soon as a player is touched ref gives a free in for a easy tap over point
you can keep all your super * overtraining blanket defence ETC . this is probably as big an issue as there is in the GAA
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

lenny

Totally agree, I wasn't just getting at cavanagh. Kevin mcmanamin is another example of someone who regularly gets away with 8 or 9 steps and they're not the only players.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: rosnarun on March 06, 2017, 06:49:57 PM
makes good defence impossible and then as soon as a player is touched ref gives a free in for a easy tap over point
you can keep all your super * overtraining blanket defence ETC . this is probably as big an issue as there is in the GAA

Me too!!!
"Stercus accidit"