AZ Offaly
That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Itchy

According to one of the boys on Cavan thread this was our team...

FJMcLoughlin.BSankey.TMorrissey.CBrady.AO 'Connell.PMcEvoy.PGraham.KDuke.DMcVeety.CConroy.DTalbot.SMurray.CMadden.EO'Reilly

I would say 3/4 central players missing like jack Brady, turloch Mooney and Cillian Clarke. Will be interesting to see how Cavan would do against Longford if they first beat Offaly.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
Armagh, 20 points, January 2006.
I presume you are talking about the Minors?
They didn't play Championship that year till late June so they had plenty of time to put things right.
Hopefully today will be a wake up call rather than a sign of a disaster campaign coming up.
Longford will be in championship action much earlier than we will so they'd have to be sharper than us at this point .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

Very surprised to see Roscommon get such a drubbing. I hear Leitrim were very poor and looked like a team of lads just thrown together on the day. Cavan were missing Jack, Killian Clarke, Joe Dillon, Flanagan, Mooney and Andy Graham all of whom you'd be expecting to start come Championship time. Do we play Longford now? As was said above they won Minor in 2010 so it'll be a measure of how where we really are.

Itchy

Have to beat Offaly first to be sure to top group. Longford have to beat Wicklow to top their group then we'd play them.

boojangles

Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2013, 12:24:26 AM
Very surprised to see Roscommon get such a drubbing. I hear Leitrim were very poor and looked like a team of lads just thrown together on the day. Cavan were missing Jack, Killian Clarke, Joe Dillon, Flanagan, Mooney and Andy Graham all of whom you'd be expecting to start come Championship time. Do we play Longford now? As was said above they won Minor in 2010 so it'll be a measure of how where we really are.

Gonna be tight for places on that U-21 team. You forgot Paul O Connor and Conor Moynagh, off the top of my head. Whats the story with Nevin O Donnell, Kevin Bouchier, Finnegan of Lacken?

Itchy

What's the likely midfield pairing on the team? I'd like to see them go head to head with Longford and see how that goes.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on January 09, 2013, 07:24:46 PM
What's the likely midfield pairing on the team? I'd like to see them go head to head with Longford and see how that goes.

Turloch Mooney if he is fully fit and Paul Graham. Fergal Flanagan can play around the midfield area aswell,  he will probaly be a half forward.

Mooney and Graham both missed out on the u21 campaign last year through injury.

ross4life

Results -Longford 4-10 Wicklow 0-6, Cavan 0-15 Offaly 1-5.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

Westside

Quote from: boojangles on January 09, 2013, 03:03:11 PM

Gonna be tight for places on that U-21 team. You forgot Paul O Connor and Conor Moynagh, off the top of my head. Whats the story with Nevin O Donnell, Kevin Bouchier, Finnegan of Lacken?

C Gilsenan, C Smith, K Clarke, C Brady, D McVitty, L Moynagh, A O Connell, B Sankey, P Graham, J Brady, E Reilly, K Duke, J Bradley, C Madden, A Graham. This was the team v Offaly.

Very tight for places indeed. I wasn't aware that Paul O'Connor was still underage. Is Enda Reilly the Mullahorn blonde haired guy?

Nevin O'Donnell did his cruciate again so won't be around for the year. Finnegan hasn't featured since he had such a great year at Minor in 2011. I haven't seen him play, has he been poor since? Conor Moynagh just had a shoulder operation don't know if he'll be around for this year's campaign which would be a huge loss.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on January 13, 2013, 11:47:55 PM
Quote from: boojangles on January 09, 2013, 03:03:11 PM

C Gilsenan, C Smith, K Clarke, C Brady, D McVitty, L Moynagh, A O Connell, B Sankey, P Graham, J Brady, E Reilly, K Duke, J Bradley, C Madden, A Graham. This was the team v Offaly.

Very tight for places indeed. I wasn't aware that Paul O'Connor was still underage. Is Enda Reilly the Mullahorn blonde haired guy?

Nevin O'Donnell did his cruciate again so won't be around for the year. Finnegan hasn't featured since he had such a great year at Minor in 2011. I haven't seen him play, has he been poor since? Conor Moynagh just had a shoulder operation don't know if he'll be around for this year's campaign which would be a huge loss.

Conor Finnegan was on the U21 squad last year but didn't feature in any of the games. He had a slight injury problem aswell. His form wasn't great last year with Lacken, wasn't that consistent. Showed up well in the u21 club championship at the end of last year.
Enda Reilly is the "blonde guy". Good free taker.

Moynagh will be a loss if he isn't back.

Westside

There is the makings of an extremely potent forward line for us then with Jack, Enda O'Reilly, Madden, Andy Graham all capable of getting scores. Although Jack may be utilised around the 40 as he was last year. Saw Enda O'Reilly in the Mullahorn v West Cavan Gaels game thought he was very impressive probably the best on the field that day.

Final next Saturday v Longford. Has the makings of a good game. It's in Longford so it will be very tough and this looks to be a quality Longford side. The lads haven't been tested yet and hopefully they can continue the hunger of the previous few years and hold onto the Hastings Cup.

kounty

what will  be  the championship team again monaghan

tommysmith

Whats the story with Jason McLoughlin anyone know will he be brought home for the U21 games(s)?

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on January 15, 2013, 03:34:52 PM
Whats the story with Jason McLoughlin anyone know will he be brought home for the U21 games(s)?

He was playing against Leitrim