The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2024, 12:00:50 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2024, 11:36:28 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 26, 2024, 11:29:25 PMMarilyn Manson lookalike off to Eurovision.

One of the better picks - reminds me of Poppy!
It's not a song as such but what a performance, the best offer from Ireland since ..... Johnny Logan.

Didn't mind it, actually. Nice runic iconography, and all!

AustinPowers

Ireland obviously  going for the  biggest freak on  show this year, like Lordi or yer woman with the beard.

As mad as it sounds , she will  probably win .  Nothing would surprise me about Eurovision.

I can just see her taking her place  among the  Eurovision winners from yesteryear. She'd be sure to be wheeled out annually  onto the late late show for  the next 50 years.

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on January 26, 2024, 11:50:17 PMDidn't realise what a decent song the Ukrainian winner was from two years ago. Thought it was a sympathy vote but a good song.

Bambi definitely has a stage presence. Good set. Good looking woman too behind it all, she'll draw a few admirers around Europe. The song I don't know. Will struggle to make final on musical merit.

For the most part, the rest of the songs, the panel and Paddy himself were pure torture.

Edit: I read afterwards that Bambie identifies as non-binary so no offense meant with above post. Hope they go onto win in Sweden.
For stage presence alone she has a great chance.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

jcpen

It's an awful load of shite.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Itchy

We should be boycotting this utter shite.

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2024, 11:43:01 AM
Quote from: weareros on January 26, 2024, 11:50:17 PMDidn't realise what a decent song the Ukrainian winner was from two years ago. Thought it was a sympathy vote but a good song.

Bambi definitely has a stage presence. Good set. Good looking woman too behind it all, she'll draw a few admirers around Europe. The song I don't know. Will struggle to make final on musical merit.

For the most part, the rest of the songs, the panel and Paddy himself were pure torture.

Edit: I read afterwards that Bambie identifies as non-binary so no offense meant with above post. Hope they go onto win in Sweden.
For stage presence alone she has a great chance.

Still has to be a decent song to do well and I'll be surprised if Ireland aren't eliminated at the semi finals stage again with that effort.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

I listen to the heaviest stuff u would listen to,Slayer etc, this is crap, probably a sure winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 28, 2024, 11:58:37 PMI listen to the heaviest stuff u would listen to,Slayer etc, this is crap, probably a sure winner.
You listen to the heaviest stuff, trash metal? it goes without saying that you'd think this is crap.
Why would you even listen to Bambi? The name itself should offer a hint :D
When it comes to genre, Bambi and trash metal are polar opposites.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 28, 2024, 11:58:37 PMI listen to the heaviest stuff u would listen to,Slayer etc, this is crap, probably a sure winner.

I listen to Slayer. This is not a heavy metal competition. It's a popular song competition.
It's been a while since Ireland has had a serious contender. We really pissed about the last 30 years sending a puppet Turkey, Donna and Joe, Mickey Joe Harte (with a cloned song - ala My lovely horse), Jedward, Dervish (who had to mime playing their instruments), A repackaged older Niamh Kavanagh, (Westlife's) Nicky Byrne. We even had RTE merging a novice talent show with the prize of going to Eurovision. Putting local pub talent into an internationally viewed audience and out of their depth.

We got completely caught up in the gimmick, True you need a gimmick, but you need a song to go with the gimmick.

We blamed block voting and the extra entrants from Eastern Europe.

This song has a bit of balls to it, it has the gimmick, it has the LGBTQ+ stuff, and there is a decent song there in all the madness.

Tubberman

When will it be renamed "The Ulster Late Late Show So It Is"?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on February 16, 2024, 10:31:59 PMWhen will it be renamed "The Ulster Late Late Show So It Is"?

..... and sure what harm is it to have a bit of Northern representation on our National Station?

Sure we had this not so lomg ago ........

An Watcher

Thought MON came across very well there

marty34

I think she comes across to the ordinary people as genuine enough.

She seems good with people - a warm personality.

Aristo 60

Best show to date from PK I thought

armaghniac

It must have been some craic in the Green room with Kevin McAleer and Michelle O'Neill nattering away in Tyrone dialect.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B