Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Disappointing  result for us on saturday vs Omagh, probably weren't expected to win but the game was certainly there for the taking with 10 mins to go and the scoreboard level and just before colm mc gurk went off with a serious injury, thankfully hes recovering which is the most important thing. 

Tyroneforsam

Good result for the Plunketts yesterday. Greencastle's always a difficult place to get points. One more win should edge us closer to survival  :)

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on June 05, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
Good result for the Plunketts yesterday. Greencastle's always a difficult place to get points. One more win should edge us closer to survival  :)

Pomeroy always looked well equipped to compete in Division 1, and their showing that.  Cant see them being in any danger there one of the best teams in the bottom half. Once they establish themselves in Division 1 they can maybe push on into that top 8. 
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 05, 2017, 10:40:36 AM
Disappointing  result for us on saturday vs Omagh, probably weren't expected to win but the game was certainly there for the taking with 10 mins to go and the scoreboard level and just before colm mc gurk went off with a serious injury, thankfully hes recovering which is the most important thing.

This seams to the problem with Carrickmore at the minute.  Dont seam to be able to kick on and take the game by the scruff of the neck when the game is there for the taking.  I know its still early days with seamus but i really hope he can get this sorted.  Believe appears to be lacking.  Maybe he should freshen thinks up and give more of last years minors a chance.  Throw them in and let them sink or swim.

Tyrone95

Quote from: The Golden Years on June 05, 2017, 11:32:02 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 05, 2017, 10:40:36 AM

This seams to the problem with Carrickmore at the minute.  Dont seam to be able to kick on and take the game by the scruff of the neck when the game is there for the taking.  I know its still early days with seamus but i really hope he can get this sorted.  Believe appears to be lacking.  Maybe he should freshen thinks up and give more of last years minors a chance.  Throw them in and let them sink or swim.
Agreed, at least 3 or 4 games this season we have been in contention within the last 10 and failed to push on, however from what I gather we have the best defensive record in D1 at the moment, up front it ultimately where it matters though.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Really surprised to read that he hasn't, its not like you were a close to being championship winners the past while, and you certainly need fresh impetus, hungry good, young footballers has to be the way forward?

Tyrone Gaa

I see thee CCC have released the reserve championship fixtures.  At least its not November this year, what way does player exclusion work for that saying its played before the senior championship?
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 06, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
I see thee CCC have released the reserve championship fixtures.  At least its not November this year, what way does player exclusion work for that saying its played before the senior championship?

Heard at the weekend there that anyone who did not play in your senior team or came on as on sub in you last championship game last year is eligible to play...

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: tothetop03 on June 06, 2017, 10:32:58 AM

Heard at the weekend there that anyone who did not play in your senior team or came on as on sub in you last championship game last year is eligible to play...

So by that logic any of the senior teams that had a decent championship run last year will be weakened because they would have used more of a panel of players.  I like that the CCC are finding a place for the reserve championship as long as it continues to be before the senior championship clubs will accept the rulings on eligibility.  It doesn't bode well for the fella that maybe looking to wind down maybe played senior championship but cant really commit this year and wanted a run out with the reserves that they miss a championship season. You could lose men like that from football all together
Living the dream!!!

Man Marker

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 06, 2017, 10:47:22 AM

So by that logic any of the senior teams that had a decent championship run last year will be weakened because they would have used more of a panel of players.  I like that the CCC are finding a place for the reserve championship as long as it continues to be before the senior championship clubs will accept the rulings on eligibility.  It doesn't bode well for the fella that maybe looking to wind down maybe played senior championship but cant really commit this year and wanted a run out with the reserves that they miss a championship season. You could lose men like that from football all together

We can safely say that there won't be many players that applies to, a very small pocket of individuals. life goes on

tiempo

Quote from: Man Marker on June 06, 2017, 10:56:34 AM

We can safely say that there won't be many players that applies to, a very small pocket of individuals. life goes on

Yes the small pocket alluded to above, unless there is a bye-law already in place I don't see how the CCC can enforce a new eligibility criteria to those already covered by rule. We are mid-season, moving the goalposts should not be possible.

As mentioned above teams who had a better run in 2016 would be unfairly affected and no matter how small a pocket the players who want to play at this grade should be entitled to unless it can be shown that they are ineligible by rule.

Do clubs not issue a Senior list at the start of the season of lads they won't be playing in reserve - how many players does each club have to register on that list? Stick to the list me thinks.

tiempo

Quote from: the onion bag on June 06, 2017, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: tiempo on June 06, 2017, 11:10:51 AM

Yes the small pocket alluded to above, unless there is a bye-law already in place I don't see how the CCC can enforce a new eligibility criteria to those already covered by rule. We are mid-season, moving the goalposts should not be possible.

As mentioned above teams who had a better run in 2016 would be unfairly affected and no matter how small a pocket the players who want to play at this grade should be entitled to unless it can be shown that they are ineligible by rule.

Do clubs not issue a Senior list at the start of the season of lads they won't be playing in reserve - how many players does each club have to register on that list? Stick to the list me thinks.

It was included in the competition regs at the start of this year that were approved by the County Committee.

"If a player has played in his clubs' last adult championship match, in which he is eligible to play, he is ineligible to play in this years' Reserve Knockout even if the clubs' last adult championship game falls outside that competition year."

Fairly clear, what about lads on the county minor/U21 panels this year, and those who weren't eligible to play club champ at all last year as too young?

Is club/county U21 considered adult grade?

Tyrone Gaa

It was included in the competition regs at the start of this year that were approved by the County Committee.

"If a player has played in his clubs' last adult championship match, in which he is eligible to play, he is ineligible to play in this years' Reserve Knockout even if the clubs' last adult championship game falls outside that competition year."

So if you have a player that has played every reserve game this year and not even featured for the seniors in a league match this year he cannot be considered for selection if he played last year. Harsh but if its the same rules for everyone we cant complain to much
Living the dream!!!

tiempo

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 06, 2017, 11:36:11 AM

So if you have a player that has played every reserve game this year and not even featured for the seniors in a league match this year he cannot be considered for selection if he played last year. Harsh but if its the same rules for everyone we cant complain to much

Yes harsh and ill thought out but in rule so can't be amended until the next AGM. Equally if one of your better players missed your last championship game due to injury he would now be available for the reserve championship even if fully stacked and flying for your seniors this year. Though if someone missed the last championship game due to suspension I assume they are judged against the last game they were eligible to play in i.e. the game they acquired their suspension and therefore would not be eligible for Ressie champ.

Just out of interest is U21 considered an adult competition?

ThreeStones

Surely it doesn't matter how far your senior team got last year... the rule applies to your last championship game and not the whole campaign