Club website options

Started by Noel, October 09, 2016, 09:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noel

I was asked to look into getting  club  website  up and running.  Could people  tell me what they are using.  I see gaa have a solution but it does not look like a lot of clubs use it.  Thanks for advice

theticklemister

I run www.lancsgaa.co.uk , which reminds me I to update it!!

Very easy to use and great support from the website host. Mainly used for county teams to be fair, but not too dear for the year.

5 Sams

Quote from: Noel on October 09, 2016, 09:06:51 AM
I was asked to look into getting  club  website  up and running.  Could people  tell me what they are using.  I see gaa have a solution but it does not look like a lot of clubs use it.  Thanks for advice

Facebook
The Aristocrat Years

screenexile

I tried to do it for our club but there's so much going on it's a full time job to maintain a club website properly so I scrapped it in favour of Facebook. In fairness all members follow it and it's handy to get information out as well ass letting all managers have access to do what they need to.

JimStynes

I very rarely even go on our club website now! But I check the Facebook all the time and I am sure others are the same.

theticklemister

Yeah Facebook is the place to go.

Website used for contact details and things like that.

Mhic Easmuint

You'll not get anything cheaper than the GAA Solution - http://www.gaa.ie/my-gaa/administrators/club-website-solution unless you have a club member who can build one for you.
It costs €100 and then probably about €25 a year after that.

Another example of a team using it: http://www.ahoghillgaa.com/Pages/Default.aspx

It has a module which will automatically pull the fixtures/results through to the website (Providing your county is using the servasport for all competitions) so that part won't need updated.

thebackbar1

facebook is the easiest platform to use, you can give all the coaches privs to upload material, this spreads out the work of the pro ! for bonus points set up a wordpress based website and use a facebook plugin to import the content from facebook on to your wordpress website in that way you have a website that is easy to update, and people who don't have facebook accounts can view the material on the website.