The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Credit where it's due, unreal performance.  Barca got want the antics of Suarez deserved - nothing.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2019, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: stiffler on May 07, 2019, 11:02:23 PM
Liverpool are so lucky to have klopp.
The Klopp Effect cannot be overstated. Like the best teams you have a squad of players who will walk through walls for the jersey and the manager, and a manager who has their back at all times. What a time to be a Liverpool fan again. I'm praying for silverware this season but after tonight it feels enough just to be part of the ride! My middle fella is on cloud nine.

Is that a euphemism?   ;D ;D

Fair play to Klopp who was interviewed before the game and was more or less saying they were going to go for it and go down like warriors or similar. Took the pressure off the team.

He's refreshing in so much there's very little bullshit with him, says what he means through those nice shiny teeth.

Hard to see either Ajax or Spurs living with that now.

magpie seanie

I watched last night because I was convinced Barcelona were there for the taking. I was stunned at the first leg result after watching Barcelona in two legs against United. Great credit to Liverpool for really going for it and playing with intensity but also pretty smartly. People greatly overrate this Barcelona side in a way their results simply don't support. All their players didn't play at the weekend and they still looked a more tired team that Liverpool who are in the most intense, gripping title race in years in the most physically demanding league in the world. Well done. Hope ye lose the final of course  ;D

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2019, 09:07:57 AM
I watched last night because I was convinced Barcelona were there for the taking. I was stunned at the first leg result after watching Barcelona in two legs against United. Great credit to Liverpool for really going for it and playing with intensity but also pretty smartly. People greatly overrate this Barcelona side in a way their results simply don't support. All their players didn't play at the weekend and they still looked a more tired team that Liverpool who are in the most intense, gripping title race in years in the most physically demanding league in the world. Well done. Hope ye lose the final of course  ;D
Good post. I couldn't believe how well Barcelona played in the first leg and how easily they've won La Liga. They're not great so I thought Liverpool would take them quite easily over two legs. Obviously, it didn't turn out as I predicted.

manfromdelmonte

credit where it is due - to the players, great performance.

Billys Boots

The results show that Barcelona are very vulnerable away from home in European competition (and have been for a few years), and so it proved.  Lots of credit to Liverpool who were able to exploit that from a seemingly poor position themselves.  A lot of things had to fall into place for them, and they did.  Fabinho was MOTM for me, never gave Barcelona any opportunity to build a platform in the middle.  Very impressive. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 08, 2019, 09:18:16 AM
Just seen some of the extended highlights from the game last night. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't think that a second leg has been thrown away so convincingly in Liverpool since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills had that blazing row prior to getting divorced.

Fair play to Liverpool. The atmosphere looked electric in Anfield last night, won't have anything to lose against either Ajax or Spurs in Madrid. As an aside, when did Barçalona last lose a competitive game by four goals? I'd say it must be a right while back, probably in an El Clasico game?

lost 4-0 to PSG only 2 years ago, they also lost 3-0 away to Roma last season, so last night's result isn't really a shock tbh. the defending for the corner for Liverpool's 4th goal was embarrassing. would you even get that level of defending in sunday league?

Taylor

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 08, 2019, 09:23:16 AM

The results show that Barcelona are very vulnerable away from home in European competition (and have been for a few years), and so it proved.  Lots of credit to Liverpool who were able to exploit that from a seemingly poor position themselves.  A lot of things had to fall into place for them, and they did.  Fabinho was MOTM for me, never gave Barcelona any opportunity to build a platform in the middle.  Very impressive.

Fabinho was excellent. I would have actually given MOTM to TAA. Was reading he is only 20 as well. What a talent.

Is there a possibility that RM or Barca could come in for any of this team in the Summer? Would love City to get some of them but couldnt see Liverpool selling to what will be their biggest rivals over the next few years

Armamike

Magical night that will go down as the greatest night in European football at Anfield and probably the greatest achievement given the circumstances.  I hardly managed to celebrate the 4th goal - in a state of shock seeing what unfolded.  The game and result was sweet on so many levels.  Whatever this team do or don't achieve in terms of silverware this year or next, their attitude and belief is second to none.  They bow to nobody.  Apart from the improvement in quality in the personnel over the past couple of seasons, that growth in belief and maturity has been huge.  While supporters like myself had thrown in the towel and saw this leg as a dead rubber, Klopp and the players weren't about to let Barcelona, Suarez, Messi and Coutinho et al swan into Anfield and take the piss basically.  None of those Liverpool players and supporters lucky enough to be there last night will ever forget that. Barcelona won't forget it either.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Had similar conversation with father in law at weekend (mad Liverpool supporter) , how many players from Liverpool would get on City team and vice versa? Havent heard from him yet, possible heart attack after last night!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Maroon Manc

Liverpool everything which United aren't at the moment and it really really hurts, the work ethic is outstanding with everyone playing for each other. 

Once the 2nd goal went in you could see so many of them didn't have the stomach for the battle. There's so much to admire about the job Klopp has done and in fairness he's been backed by the board to and bought brilliantly. I hope Spurs win tonight as I just don't think Ajax could live with Liverpool.

Keyser soze

Great entertainment and fair f**ks to Klopp to get his team to that level.

Reading the Hound's retrospective posts nearly as entertaining though.

Armamike

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 08, 2019, 10:07:38 AM
Liverpool everything which United aren't at the moment and it really really hurts, the work ethic is outstanding with everyone playing for each other. 

Once the 2nd goal went in you could see so many of them didn't have the stomach for the battle. There's so much to admire about the job Klopp has done and in fairness he's been backed by the board to and bought brilliantly. I hope Spurs win tonight as I just don't think Ajax could live with Liverpool.

Maroon, not much consolation but by the same token Liverpool supporters if they're being honest would have envied the attitude and never say die spirit of the Man U sides under Ferguson  (I know I begrudgingly did) -  they had the work rate and intensity to match the quality.    We have only seen that in short periods at Anfield in 30 years. Klopp has instilled it and it's every supporters dream to see that in their team.

laoislad

I'm still on a high after last night. Like a few have said I'm also guilty of thinking last night was gonna be a dead rubber.
I thought maybe we could snatch a 1-0 win or something but would never have imagined what was about to happen.
The aul fella texts before the game and says an early goal and you'd never know..I text him back saying not a hope.
How right he was.
Has to go down as the greatest of all European nights at Anfield?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.