Championship top scorers

Started by T O Hare, August 08, 2008, 03:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Does anyone have a list of the top scorers in this years football and hurling championships ?
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Our Nail Loney

Those tables are only correct up to july it says...

Bogball XV

You'd think the gaa would provide this information on their website, updated each weekend, I can't understand their reluctance to embrace technology.

Puckoon

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 08, 2008, 09:46:10 PM
You'd think the gaa would provide this information on their website, updated each weekend, I can't understand their reluctance to embrace technology.

They'd have to pay someone.

When you look at the websites run by other governing bodies, it really is a disgrace. Amateur status is one thing, but the lack of vision by the people at the top is another. Look at the money that went into new logos? ???

Our Nail Loney

anyone get an up to date standings?? thinking about doing a bet on this, sheehan is 4/1 top scorer but wanna see standings before i do, forde is 2/1

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T O Hare

Benny Coulter scored 4.8 this championship
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: T O Hare on August 12, 2008, 01:30:38 AM

Cant see him getting many more though so hes ruled outta my bet!

Didn't know that was up to date so cheers. Sheehan not even there in top seven.

Mattie Forde only still active in c'ship of those. Chances are though he might only get one more game. Hmmm, interesting.

Sheehan has 20 points which would mean he would need 12 points from the next two games... Is his frees worth that? 4/1 shot. Forde 2/1 might offer more value.

winsamsoon

Nail where are you getting them odds?? I can't seem to find that bet on pp
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Puckoon

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 12, 2008, 09:53:09 AM

Mattie Forde only still active in c'ship of those. Chances are though he might only get one more game. Hmmm, interesting.

Sheehan has 20 points which would mean he would need 12 points from the next two games... Is his frees worth that? 4/1 shot. Forde 2/1 might offer more value.

Puzzler of a bet ONL,
Will forde get 5 points against the dubs if they beat tyrone?
Will forde get 5 points against Tyrone?
Will Wexford get another game?

Sheehan, IMO may not hit 12 more scores in the championship, but stranger things have happened.

Maybe John Doyle at 5-2 is safe as houses?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Puckoon on August 13, 2008, 05:24:21 AM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 12, 2008, 09:53:09 AM

Puzzler of a bet ONL,
Will forde get 5 points against the dubs if they beat tyrone?
Will forde get 5 points against Tyrone?
Will Wexford get another game?

Sheehan, IMO may not hit 12 more scores in the championship, but stranger things have happened.

Maybe John Doyle at 5-2 is safe as houses?

I was thinking Doyle at 5-2 could be a good bet, I am torn between him and Forde at the min. I know he prob will go and prove me a liar but I can't see Sheehan hitting six in one game and seven in another, even though I would like to as I am rooting for kerry now and I think he is the best free taker in the country, watching him hit frees from everywhere is a joy, his technique is superb.

The way i am thinking is that dublin will probably beat tyrone this weekend, and I am not sure how Forde will do against them... Still nursing that injury, but in front of a packed croker he could prob flourish and just operate on pure adrenaline... There is lso the long shot that wexford could turn the table on the dubs, where forde will get another game and will surely beat doyle, as if they beat the dubs anyway he's bound to have a major say in it...

Was gonna stick forty on someone, using a dutching calculator, I could stick 21.54 on forde and 18.46 on doyle, therefore making a return of 64.62 if either wins... Only spanner in the works could be sheehan playing a blinder, which i said before wouldnt surprise me, saw him playing for cork it at last years sigerson weekend and he was hitting frees from impossible angles and it was only when he went off injured that queens came to the fore.

Bogball XV

What about Brogan at 12's - looks a decent outside bet to me.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 13, 2008, 11:46:22 AM
What about Brogan at 12's - looks a decent outside bet to me.

He would have to get fifteen points though from two matches, tough ask

Edit to say I have just realised they haven't played their 1/4 final yet!! 15 from 3 matches, could be very achievable. Thats if they beat tyrone and wexford of course....