Favourite eating house?

Started by T O Hare, December 15, 2008, 04:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Lads, where is your favourite eating establishment at the minute. I am loving Rices hotel in Tony Fearons hometown Pontzpass at the minute. They have they best steak sandwich around!!!!!!! ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

The Real Laoislad

The Anglers Rest,Strawberry Beds,Dublin

The best steak in Ireland imo
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Grant's in Omagh. Don't be in it much, but they give you a great feed.

Rué in Omagh is also good.
Testing Accessibility

maggie

Viscounts in Dungannon would get my vote.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Daley's in Donore, Co Meath. Best steak I've ever had.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Our Nail Loney

Dunno about favourite but got a lovely feed in Harrys Bar in Banbridge there recently, a trio of sizzling meats - steak, chicken and gammon on a platter, lovely.

Going this new place in Lurgan on Friday night (not paying either, birthday treat  ;D) think its called Fourty seven or something, anyone heard anything about it?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 15, 2008, 07:51:42 PM
Dunno about favourite but got a lovely feed in Harrys Bar in Banbridge there recently, a trio of sizzling meats - steak, chicken and gammon on a platter, lovely.

Going this new place in Lurgan on Friday night (not paying either, birthday treat  ;D) think its called Fourty seven or something, anyone heard anything about it?

bistro 47, had a do there on sat night. know the chefs and theyre the original ones from the loughview brasserie, so theyre pretty good imo. foods pawerful but the servings are fckn stingy

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 15, 2008, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 15, 2008, 07:51:42 PM

bistro 47, had a do there on sat night. know the chefs and theyre the original ones from the loughview brasserie, so theyre pretty good imo. foods pawerful but the servings are fckn stingy

f**k sake that is one thing that annoys me, small servings! I need big portions, heard the mixed grill would be a good bit of stuff.

Puckoon

Quote from: ziggysego on December 15, 2008, 05:11:49 PM
Grant's in Omagh. Don't be in it much, but they give you a great feed.

Rué in Omagh is also good.

Ziggy you need to get out more. Grants started dining out on their own reputation a few years after it opened. Back in the late 90s it used to be great. Now its just another over priced resturaunt in ireland.

As for Rue - the folks were in it the other night and the food was great. It is however a pub - and a pub has some cheek charging 20quid for a surf and turf.

They dont give you value for money at home.

milltown row

in Belfast ya cant beat Shu on the lisburn rd. pricey but i've yet to have a bad meal. and for decent bar food, Bureau in Jordanstown

Lar Naparka

The White House on the old Dublin- Ashbourne Road is my favourite grub shop without exception. The steaks there are top class and the same can be said for any sort of beef dish.
Mind you; the good folks there need to be on their toes because there are two other fine places along the same stretch of road.
The Brock Inn, 500 yards down from the White House on the Dublin side and the Coolquay Lodge, which is about a mile further along the road towards Ashbourne, are both very well-known and both deserve their reputations.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Croí na hÉireann

Thyme Restaurant in Athlone has some top quality fare  ;)

For dessert I recommend the pints of plain in Sean's Bar across the Shannon...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Minder

Nicks Warehouse and Deanes Deli in Belfast City Centre & Indian Ocean on Antrim Rd/Glengormley.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nifan

Deanes at Queens or Ginger would be 2 wed like in Belfast