sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 05:51:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 05:36:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 05:02:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 04:22:08 PM

But it's not a lie

Southerners are continually told by a particular breed of northern nationalist, summed up you, that they should have no view on the north

But these same northern nationalists are total hypocrites because they generally have firm views on southern politics

Also if northern nationalists tell southerners they have no right to have a view on anything on the north, which they do, don't then turn around and tell us we "abandoned" you

After all, you're the same people telling us we've no right to have a view - and if that's the case, well then "abandonment" by the south is exactly what you wanted

More hypocrisy

You shouldn't have a view on the north because you haven't a clue about it, not one single iota. All you spout is complete and utter ignorance and bile about something you don't understand or have no practical experience of.

The only hypocrisy being shown here is from you. You're the type of person who would be dangerous if they had any intelligence.
Ah, partitionism from the self professed follower of the PIRA!

Telling an Irishman he has no right to an opinion!

In that case, why don't you take your own advice and shut up about southern politics?!

That's not me asking you - because I think you have a right to an opinion on southern politics -  it's you asking you  ;D

I wasn't looking for a comprehensive vindication of my posts here, but thanks for giving it all the same!

You're just an ignoramus, spouting on about things you have the foggiest notion on.

I have an opinion on politics in Ireland, there are two rotten states on this island. DUP/UUP have sought to create and preserve an elite Protestant ascendancy and FF/FG have done the same with a Catholic ascendancy. You have no notion on the practicality of growing up in a state where the institutions were used to an oppress a large pocket of the population. Your own free state government were compliant in this.
I sure do, it's called the Republic of Ireland, and the "large pocket of the population" who were oppressed by state institutions are called women

They're also called Travellers, and LGBTQ+ people

I'm not sure of your views on Travellers but you certainly wanted women and LGBTQ+ to remain oppressed by state institutions

I don't want any form of oppression. I would disagree that people killing unborn babies because they don't want to deal with the consequences of their actions is deplorable though.

You can't take back a like you ended but seeing as you are the only person that defended the murder of civilians on here then I can see how little value you put in human lives.

Ah, so you do want oppression of women!

You didn't answer about the LGBTQ+ community

Bland PR-like statements don't cut it, especially when accompanied by US evangelical style craziness

michaelg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2020, 05:49:57 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on December 29, 2020, 05:30:57 PM

But it's not a lie

Southerners are continually told by a particular breed of northern nationalist, summed up you, that they should have no view on the north

But these same northern nationalists are total hypocrites because they generally have firm views on southern politics

Also if northern nationalists tell southerners they have no right to have a view on anything on the north, which they do, don't then turn around and tell us we "abandoned" you

After all, you're the same people telling us we've no right to have a view - and if that's the case, well then "abandonment" by the south is exactly what you wanted

More hypocrisy

You shouldn't have a view on the north because you haven't a clue about it, not one single iota. All you spout is complete and utter ignorance and bile about something you don't understand or have no practical experience of.

The only hypocrisy being shown here is from you. You're the type of person who would be dangerous if they had any intelligence.

I disagree with a lot of Sid's views, but he also
Makes very fair points , which tend to get undermined by his approach and apparent disdain for what he insultingly terms " a certain breed of northern nationalists" . He argues articulately but his apparent lack of understanding , empathy and rapport indicates a lack of the social intelligence required to be persuasive . Tbf he  is very consistent/persistent but I would agree that his/her views need to be put into the context of lack
Of meaningful personal experience of "The North" . He deserves enormous credit however in uniting "northern nationalists" whether SF, SDLP or whoever else  in opposition to his approach. I understand His opposition to the exclusive and unhealthy adherence to place manifested in nationalism ,  but this is in direct contrast to his unwavering Adherence to Dublin as  an permanent entity in GAA terms. I would agree that his defence of Dublin's ridiculously unfair advantages is like those unionists who begrudgingly describe any movement towards equality , as if they are concessions . Understandable resistance to the nuclear option of splitting Dublin( or in unionists' case United Ireland) is accompanied by an unneighbourly lack
Of generosity towards agreeing to equality and fairness.

Sammy Wilson Edwin Poots and Arlene also have been consistent on the north, their experiences are different to mine, completely different to Sids as well, it doesn't make them or him right, but I'd view a unionist view over his, that's been their experience, life and tradition.

An accident of birth means they have brought up different to me and given better opportunities also, I don't hate them for that.

Sids view is very black and white, he's managed to mention Trump Putin and even brought in Nazi's!
Not sure how old you are, but do you think that Protestants from the Shankill, Tiger's Bay etc had better opportunities open to them than you?

sid waddell

Quote from: michaelg on December 29, 2020, 06:09:21 PM

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

Makes very fair points , which tend to get undermined by his approach and apparent disdain for what he insultingly terms " a certain breed of northern nationalists" . He argues articulately but his apparent lack of understanding , empathy and rapport indicates a lack of the social intelligence required to be persuasive . Tbf he  is very consistent/persistent but I would agree that his/her views need to be put into the context of lack
Of meaningful personal experience of "The North" . He deserves enormous credit however in uniting "northern nationalists" whether SF, SDLP or whoever else  in opposition to his approach. I understand His opposition to the exclusive and unhealthy adherence to place manifested in nationalism ,  but this is in direct contrast to his unwavering Adherence to Dublin as  an permanent entity in GAA terms. I would agree that his defence of Dublin's ridiculously unfair advantages is like those unionists who begrudgingly describe any movement towards equality , as if they are concessions . Understandable resistance to the nuclear option of splitting Dublin( or in unionists' case United Ireland) is accompanied by an unneighbourly lack

Sammy Wilson Edwin Poots and Arlene also have been consistent on the north, their experiences are different to mine, completely different to Sids as well, it doesn't make them or him right, but I'd view a unionist view over his, that's been their experience, life and tradition.

An accident of birth means they have brought up different to me and given better opportunities also, I don't hate them for that.

Sids view is very black and white, he's managed to mention Trump Putin and even brought in Nazi's!
Not sure how old you are, but do you think that Protestants from the Shankill, Tiger's Bay etc had better opportunities open to them than you?
As of 2017, 47% of students in NI third level institutions were Catholics with only 30% Protestant

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/revealed-47-of-higher-education-students-are-catholics-and-30-protestants-35874614.html

That does not smack of a state which is "the same place as 1922", as Milltown Row claimed

6th sam

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

Fair point michaelg, but though Catholic  unemployment is now equal to Protestant unemployment, it was double in 1992 and has progressively equalised since. So at the time MR entered the labour market his opportunities probably weren't as good as a Protestant contemporary

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 06:04:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 05:53:56 PM

There you go again, uttering opinions on southern politics, something that according to your own beliefs, you have no right to do!

You failed to address the question. Not surprising as you are a ball of contradictions and virtue signaling but behind all that facade you are routinely exposed as morally bankrupt.
You've literally never answered a single question I've asked you on this forum but nice attempt at a bait and switch

I asked you that as a self declared supporter of the PIRA, did you ever feel shame about the their actions, you still haven't answered

And you never will

And again you failed to address the question.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 06:06:45 PM

Bland PR-like statements don't cut it, especially when accompanied by US evangelical style craziness

Nope, I respect how valuable human life is unlike you.

Milltown Row2

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

Mick I worked in a engineering company that employed Over 4000 workers of which 99% of them came from the Protestant communities, now I'll tell you which communities they were. Shank I'll, Tiger bay Newtownards rd, Ards, and Protestant north Belfast.

These opportunities were not available to anyone in my dads family or his dads family. But you'd know that, from those books you've read..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 06:24:19 PM

That would obviously explain your support for the PIRA  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 06:14:06 PM

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

As of 2017, 47% of students in NI third level institutions were Catholics with only 30% Protestant

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/revealed-47-of-higher-education-students-are-catholics-and-30-protestants-35874614.html

That does not smack of a state which is "the same place as 1922", as Milltown Row claimed

As of 2017! Brilliant only taken 100 years to improve our worth, whereas when the south closed up shop, they had equality right away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2020, 06:25:58 PM

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

Sid I worked in a engineering company that employed Over 4000 workers of which 99% of them came from the Protestant communities, now I'll tell you which communities they were. Shank I'll, Tiger bay Newtownards rd, Ards, and Protestant north Belfast.

These opportunities were not available to anyone in my dads family or his dads family. But you'd know that, from those books you've read..
I would know that actually

Pretty much everybody with an interest in politics in the south knows that

The problem with people like you is you think others are unaware of housing and workplace discrimination and gerrymandering when they're well aware of it, the dogs on the street down here know the history of discrimination in NI

My own grandmother had to fight for the rights of Catholic nurses to exercise their religion in the Royal Victoria in the 1930s

What I'm asking is how any of that legitimises a 28 year long murder campaign

Still haven't got an answer to that

The reason I haven't got an answer is because yis all know full well there was no justification for it, so yis can't provide one

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2020, 06:29:17 PM

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

As of 2017! Brilliant only taken 100 years to improve our worth, whereas when the south closed up shop, they had equality right away

The Catholic share of college places has been improving for decades

And none of it thanks to the PIRA

Interesting you're only finding out now that Catholics make up a much a bigger share of college place than Protestants

I would have thought that living there, you would have already known this

I suppose it's a demonstration that one can live somewhere and be still be blissfully unaware of basic facts about the place

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 06:26:15 PM

Clearly as they were fighting a government that routinely opened fire on unarmed civilians because they were taking to the streets to demand their civil rights.

The free state establishment has much blood on its hands when it comes to the troubles.

Milltown Row2

I didn't say it did. That question is for someone else

With your knowledge can you give me plenty of examples were part of a county is divided and didn't end up in civil unrest and got equality or freedom without using military means?

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 06:39:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2020, 06:29:17 PM

But it's not a lie

More hypocrisy

The Catholic share of college places has been improving for decades

And none of it thanks to the PIRA

Interesting you're only finding out now that Catholics make up a much a bigger share of college place than Protestants

I would have thought that living there, you would have already known this

I suppose it's a demonstration that one can live somewhere and be still be blissfully unaware of basic facts about the place

Catholic places in college have improved in line with SF's vote in the O6. So it probably is a lot to do with the PIRA.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 06:26:15 PM

Clearly as they were fighting a government that routinely opened fire on unarmed civilians because they were taking to the streets to demand their civil rights.

The free state establishment has much blood on its hands when it comes to the troubles.
Those 644 civilians the PIRA killed were key members of that government of course

The "elite", or something

To cite dead civilians on the streets of Derry as a legitimate justification for 644 other dead civilians is Orwellian