2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

We seemed to be comfortable enough in the first half but when Westmeath decided that they'd like to win the game, we let them without much of a battle. Our play from half back to half forward was predictable, slow and ponderable while Kingston at full forward offered very little. Not sure why they didnt just leave O Carroll in there and let Donie drift.
I understand that the overall party line is 'we are building a team' but with the age profile through the spine of todays team Im not sure how true that can be. Booth, Dillon, Begley, Meaney, Johno, Lillis, Munnelly all over 30 with Kingston and Cahillane not far off it either. Where are their replacements going to come from to bring us to a top 12 county?

welcomehome

Was in mullingar today.laois were shocking.donie kingston  frustrates me,for such a gifted player he is so lazy..,did absolutely nothing today..he wasnt on on his own,i thought evan ocarroll was poor today...The backline was poor.no changes made there i dont think they are playing as good as they did last year,need more players like marty scully,with a bit of heart..he was one of few players,that played well..We will be lucky if we dont go back to division 4 ,the way they are playing...

Laoiseabu

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on February 24, 2019, 06:59:36 PM
We seemed to be comfortable enough in the first half but when Westmeath decided that they'd like to win the game, we let them without much of a battle. Our play from half back to half forward was predictable, slow and ponderable while Kingston at full forward offered very little. Not sure why they didnt just leave O Carroll in there and let Donie drift.
I understand that the overall party line is 'we are building a team' but with the age profile through the spine of todays team Im not sure how true that can be. Booth, Dillon, Begley, Meaney, Johno, Lillis, Munnelly all over 30 with Kingston and Cahillane not far off it either. Where are their replacements going to come from to bring us to a top 12 county?
Think Boyle is over 30 as well

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: welcomehome on February 24, 2019, 07:58:04 PM
Was in mullingar today.laois were shocking.donie kingston  frustrates me,for such a gifted player he is so lazy..,did absolutely nothing today..he wasnt on on his own,i thought evan ocarroll was poor today...The backline was poor.no changes made there i dont think they are playing as good as they did last year,need more players like marty scully,with a bit of heart..he was one of few players,that played well..We will be lucky if we dont go back to division 4 ,the way they are playing...

Alright Gary

on the hop

Agree with a lot of posters above, really awful stuff. I don't think we scored from play for the last 55 minutes and bar Evans goal chance we didn't look like we would. Forwards are a major problem, no real pace from midfield up. We are terrible lateral and only Scully and Begley offered any threat from deep. Dillon was shoring up the full back line so he can't push forward and attride was at sea at centre back and ended up in the corner so another option was gone. options in midfield aren't great at present but I think after today meaney is offering nothing new.

I love to know what sugure's Forward plan was today. When it goes pear shaped or you are chasing the game you end up with teams doing mad stuff like Hail Marys. For some reason we started this fairly early, one in particular by meaney. Donie's role around the centre was bewildering. He offered nothing and barely moved. Once Evan didn't like the marking he was getting, they should have been switched or at least put Evan out onto the wing. To be honest donie should have been off if he wasn't going to be played nearer goals. He wasn't the only one that could have been subbed, they bullied our forwards especially in the second half and we wilted. The three forward subs offered nothing and to me Colm Murphy has shown more in previous games to be brought on ahead of Ross and Lowry. At least he appears to have the pace he show for the ball. The Longford game now is a real four pointer

town1980

Garett was brilliant today and taken off o Connor was a harsh decision all said we cruised last year this year we are been found out a little and so is our system but John has played so many lads he deserves credit because players genuinely know there getting a Craic of the whip for that I think were doing ok

Laoiseabu

Quote from: town1980 on February 24, 2019, 09:25:20 PM
Garett was brilliant today and taken off o Connor was a harsh decision all said we cruised last year this year we are been found out a little and so is our system but John has played so many lads he deserves credit because players genuinely know there getting a Craic of the whip for that I think were doing ok
We didn't cruise last year . We got the job done in most of the games .

SCFC

Plenty of lads getting a shot anyway. Some putting the hands up, some not. We might be best served spending another year in division 3 anyway. As long as we don't f**k up and head the other direction.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: SCFC on February 25, 2019, 03:21:58 PM
Plenty of lads getting a shot anyway. Some putting the hands up, some not. We might be best served spending another year in division 3 anyway. As long as we don't f**k up and head the other direction.

I agree. If we do go to division 2 there is no point in having a team of 30 somethings with no pace and come straight back down. Need to keep the development focus.

Giovanni

Agree with the two posters above. Despite the awful performance yesterday, I think the management team are doing a good job in bringing new lads through. Indeed, some of our best performers have been these new lads so it's not all bleak.

BallyroanAbu

Agree with the above three posters, promotion also not out of our grasp yet.

Unlaoised

Funny auld game in the not so funny and horrible surroundings that is Mullingar...Westmeath were more physical and hit our players who didn't seem to like it ...

Disappointed in Donie and Evan..Midfield tried hard one of O loughlins better games .

Dillion Begley and scully were good as was Brody .

Our forwards need to be stronger and maybe dare I say it dirty a bit more instead of taking the abuse and lying down a bit ...

The late high balls into Donie at the end summed up the day as a whole ..He was ha4dly able to go for it and the quality of them gave him no chance anyway .

Good to see such a large Laois crowd there tho ..

Let's see how we get on against Longford this Saturday

LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Good to see Benny Carroll back. He brings a lot of energy to the team.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Don Draper

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on March 01, 2019, 10:03:48 AM
Good to see Benny Carroll back. He brings a lot of energy to the team.
I don't think I've ever seen him waste possession. A player I have great time for.

Chrimtain

Three wins in the last three games might get us up. Is it too much to hope for?