The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on July 21, 2022, 04:27:46 PM
So he's just setting up his kids and his grandkids, great grandkids etc, etc can all go to hell and get out and make their own living

So 40 million won't do you or your kids? Grand kids will be looked after by his own kids.. if I've earned 40 million I'd be happy enough (personally speaking) you'd have to be a greedy Cnut to want more.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stephenite

Quote from: thewobbler on July 20, 2022, 12:57:55 PM

Lastly. America IS the market. There might be bucket loads of money around the world but it's not golf money on the same way. Half of the world's courses are in the USA and half of the world's golfers are in the USA. That's where the real golf money is and is why the majority of PGA events are at home. Furthermore LIV'a riches might not be carrot enough is their tour is going to demand events around the world. Elite players aren't as fond of travelling as you might think. Most of them live in Florida for a reason.

I'm not sure about this one, America undoubtedly IS the current market. I think this disrupts things longer term and in 5 years we will say America WAS the market.

Assuming LIV doesn't go away, I think there will have to be a tipping point where it all comes back together and it certainly won't look like what it does today. Possibly an F1 model where the players will tour the world for massive sums with the majors thrown in, Ryder Cup maybe merges with the Presidents Cup for a World Cup type of event that countries need to qualify for.

I don't agree with what is happening, far from it - but as with all industries and sports that get disrupted things are going to change quite a lot, and probably for the worse.

dec

Darren beats Paddy to win the senior open

Orior

Quote from: dec on July 24, 2022, 11:49:54 PM
Darren beats Paddy to win the senior open

I thought Paddy's double on the ninth had ruled him out but he came back very strong. Great final two putts by the big Tyrone man.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

screenexile

I wonder will we see the tears when he wins his first LIV event. . . I highly doubt it!!!

Saffrongael

Quote from: screenexile on July 28, 2022, 10:58:23 AM
I wonder will we see the tears when he wins his first LIV event. . . I highly doubt it!!!

God probably told him to move to LIV
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gabriel_Hurl

https://twitter.com/flushingitgolf/status/1553868204786810881

QuotePat Perez has finished T29 and T31 in his first 2 LIV starts and was a combined 35 shots off the leading scores but has still banked over $1.75 million. What a world.

Gabriel_Hurl

Luke Donald gets the Ryder Cup captaincy

DrinkingHarp

Cam Smith official in LIV but not for two weeks, trying to get more FedEx Money
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 10, 2022, 02:07:54 AM
Cam Smith official in LIV but not for two weeks, trying to get more FedEx Money

With the mullet and tache he looked like a pr1ck now he is one. Makes his win over Rory even more sickening.

trailer

So am i reading it right that the LIV money is guaranteed but netted from tournament wins? So if you've been given 100m to join and win 4m you don't get that on top? Exhibition tour at best if that's the case.

The court case didn't do those 3 guys any favours. There's a real sense of country club entitlement about the whole thing. Just doesn't sit right. If you want to play LIV go and play it. Don't moan about not getting to play on the PGA or in the Majors.

Agree on the Cam Smith thing. Leaves a sour taste.

Kidder81

Quote from: trailer on August 10, 2022, 09:22:00 AM
So am i reading it right that the LIV money is guaranteed but netted from tournament wins? So if you've been given 100m to join and win 4m you don't get that on top? Exhibition tour at best if that's the case.

The court case didn't do those 3 guys any favours. There's a real sense of country club entitlement about the whole thing. Just doesn't sit right. If you want to play LIV go and play it. Don't moan about not getting to play on the PGA or in the Majors.

Agree on the Cam Smith thing. Leaves a sour taste.

Yeah that's correct about the winnings from what I have read

Estimator

Just seeing the Scotty Scheffler / Cam Smith thing now.
That had to be a deliberate act.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Estimator on August 11, 2022, 10:29:14 PM
Just seeing the Scotty Scheffler / Cam Smith thing now.
That had to be a deliberate act.

So he walked on his line ffs the crocodile tears from some when w@nkers like cam Smith are literally taking the piss out of the game at the moment.