At long last, sense from a Senior IFA Offiicial

Started by T Fearon, July 24, 2007, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6914152.stm

I commend Mr Well's pragmatism (there simply is no viable option to the Maze) and aspiration to a shared sporting future, which might well garner cross community support for both the IFA's senior international side (as the current over hyped Football for All  Campaign has been an abject failure)and allay the unfounded and irrational fears many unionists have about the GAA.

I hope he has the steeliness to withstand the calls for his resignation from the neanderthals on the OWC  Website who have no interest in a shared future but wish to retain an international team as a totemic symbol of unionism. Funny how unionists consistently call for Englishmen to go invariably, when they don't get their own way

dec

Also in the article "He added that playing games outside NI next February and March would be a means of generating revenue."

Now that it has already hosted one of Ireland's partitionist soccer teams, I wonder if the most convenient large sports stadium outside NI would be made available to them.

T Fearon

It should be made available, but with the rental costs of 1m euros per game (my tickets increased by 56% in cost for the Wales and Slovakia games) could the 10,000 to 15,000 North of Ireland supporters really afford it and would they not be lost in the huge Croke Park arena anyway?

I'd say Somerset Park in Ayr or Rugby Park in Kilmarnock would be a more realistic venue ;D

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Orior

Quote from: dec on July 24, 2007, 04:29:29 PM
Also in the article "He added that playing games outside NI next February and March would be a means of generating revenue."

Now that it has already hosted one of Ireland's partitionist soccer teams, I wonder if the most convenient large sports stadium outside NI would be made available to them.

Yes, it would gerenate revenue for Ibrox. Dont expect an outcry from the anti-Maze crew who complained about the possibility of having to travel 15 mile down the road.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell of it going to Jones Road.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Deal_Me_In

What is the possibility of Helay Park being given permission for temp seating (by UEFA or whoever) for NI soccer games if they were allowed to give the pitch?

nifan

Tony, the man is a snake, he promised the NI fans to keep us in the loop etc but has done nothing of the sort.
I dont think I am a neanderthal in having no support for a man who has talked shite to me directly.