Song Lyrics

Started by ranch, July 17, 2022, 04:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

Trying to find the name of a song that I heard in a video clip from a friend at a pub, and it has my head wrecked. It contains the line "like a burning lump of coal" .. I think. And the prions line finishes with the word 'sleeper/sleepers' or something similar. It's pretty hard to make out the other lyrics but its being played by a gutsiest and I've definitely heard it before over the years. Any help appreciated  :D

general_lee

Fs Shazam is your friend!

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

gallsman

Quote from: ranch on July 17, 2022, 04:21:57 PM
Trying to find the name of a song that I heard in a video clip from a friend at a pub, and it has my head wrecked. It contains the line "like a burning lump of coal" .. I think. And the prions line finishes with the word 'sleeper/sleepers' or something similar. It's pretty hard to make out the other lyrics but its being played by a gutsiest and I've definitely heard it before over the years. Any help appreciated  :D

Next to impossible to decipher your post but the middle verse of Fisherman's Blues has the lines "...the beating of the sleepers, the burning of the coal".

Done live a lot with just the guitar, vocal and a fiddle. Phenomenal song.

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on July 19, 2022, 09:48:29 AM
Quote from: ranch on July 17, 2022, 04:21:57 PM

Next to impossible to decipher your post but the middle verse of Fisherman's Blues has the lines "...the beating of the sleepers, the burning of the coal".

Done live a lot with just the guitar, vocal and a fiddle. Phenomenal song.

That's the 2020's for you, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Drummer

Fisherman's Blues by the Waterboys??

Turf

Has Fisherman's Blues been mentioned yet? If not, I think it might be that.
You're Welcome.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Turf on July 19, 2022, 12:56:13 PM
Has Fisherman's Blues been mentioned yet? If not, I think it might be that.
You're Welcome.

Just the first reply !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

quit yo jibbajabba

If Ranch could waken up/sober up and confirm yay or nay that might help 😉😃

In the meantime ill say Fishermans Blues to avoid ridicule 🙊

Feckitt

I heard a class song today  but can't find out who it's by. It goes, "I wish I was a fishmonger, bumbling on the bees"
Can anyone help??

sensethetone

Quote from: Feckitt on July 19, 2022, 02:05:34 PM
I heard a class song today  but can't find out who it's by. It goes, "I wish I was a fishmonger, bumbling on the bees"
Can anyone help??

It's taken from a Mayo song... far away from the Sam Maguire and its bitter memories..

In hiding

I enjoyed this thread

weareros

Could he confirm if the singer was a Mick Jagger lookalike singing with raspy voice in a Galway pub. That could help narrow it down.