The Advanced Mark rule

Started by JoG2, February 11, 2022, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Advanced Mark rule, are you for or against?

FOR
4 (9.1%)
AGAINST
40 (90.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 17, 2022, 11:12:12 PM
But it is not automatically moved forward as you suggested it was.

And with good reason.

If I'm refereeing, if a player impedes a free or a mark on purpose and starts mouthing I'll bring it forward  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Is it a mark if he doesn't signal it?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 11:29:51 PM

Refs will always blow the whistle if a pass from outside the 45m, travels more than 20m and is caught by a player, its then up to that player if its a mark or not by signalling. I'm not sure if this is a wind up or not  ;D.. Though with some of the rules, you never know

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 10:53:15 PM
To be fair, the Fermanagh lad had wee arms.

During a game, unless a player signals he is taking the 'mark', its pretty much game on re a defender putting in a tackle / hand (which is against the rules). I don't think I've seen a defender standing off for 4 steps  / the time to take 4 steps at a club or county game since the rule came in tbh.

ONeill

So are you saying that the ref's whistle buys you 4 secs. If you raise the hand, you have an extra 10 secs?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 11:29:51 PM

Again the ref blows or should blow for each mark. Totally up to player to call though but sure there are stranger rules not being called or players not knowing them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2022, 11:42:24 PM
So are you saying that the ref's whistle buys you 4 secs. If you raise the hand, you have an extra 10 secs?

Yes and no. No hand up, 4 secs / 4 steps. Hand goes up, 15 secs to take a free. I'm away to bed, head pickled. Who'd be a ref??

highorlow

I doubt the mark Donegal got in 1st half of extra time was either outside the 45 or even went 20 meters
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Wildweasel74

Went 20m but not sure if kicked outside the 45,

J70

Not sure what he ended up with, but half way through the second half of todays club championship action, Michael Murphy had four scored marks from full forward for Glenswilly. This with a sweeper posted in front of him.

Wonder how many Clifford gets in club?

Itchy

Quote from: J70 on September 04, 2022, 10:26:30 PM
Not sure what he ended up with, but half way through the second half of todays club championship action, Michael Murphy had four scored marks from full forward for Glenswilly. This with a sweeper posted in front of him.

Wonder how many Clifford gets in club?

The attacking mark works, stats show it. A better question would be would Murphy be at FF and would ball be kicked in in the donegal championship if there were no attacking mark?

imtommygunn

There's a great photo of him with four boys marking him - I think he got a mark out of that.

Murphy is one of the best ever to play the game IMO.