Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

He has come out with utter rubbish at various times that has been fact checked, so has zero credibility. Was all over the media with this gem lately

"Larne's business rates on the main street are the same as Regent Street in London."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on June 24, 2022, 11:19:15 AM
He has come out with utter rubbish at various times that has been fact checked, so has zero credibility. Was all over the media with this gem lately

"Larne's business rates on the main street are the same as Regent Street in London."

Larne collectively would be still cheaper than one shop in Regent street
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: haranguerer on June 24, 2022, 11:19:15 AM

Must be a few tough guys up round Larne charging big big protection money!

toby47

Was in a bar in Belfast Friday evening. A pint and a packet of Tayto.

£7.60!!

Asked the barman was that correct he said Yeah -  £6.05 for the pint and £1.55 for a bag of Tayto.

imtommygunn

Franko

Quote from: general_lee on June 23, 2022, 09:26:49 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 23, 2022, 12:47:27 AM
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/business/consumer/a-triple-threat-to-the-hospitality-sector-warns-chief-executive-3739573

As expected

Colin Neill has the begging bowl out again

'Intervention is needed' he says.

::)

In 2021, in the middle of a pandemic, when hospitality was supposedly 'on it's knees', the Beannchor Group posted net profits of over 1.8million.

This represents a net margin of over 14% (gross margin over 80%)

Insane numbers.

Can't wait for 2022's accounts.
Probably a bit unfair to base this on one the biggest hospitality groups in Ireland (and when you break it down 1.8m isn't that much across 20 odd outlets)

What were once two popular bar/restaurants near me are down to a 4 day week because it isn't financially viable to open Monday-Wednesday. The cost of cooking oil, poultry, fish, fuel, fresh produce is continually going up. Colin Neill is insufferable but he's just lobbying on behalf of his industry.

I've always said it - some small rural venues are struggling.  But there's no mention of targeted support.

The big Belfast cartels will be dipping their noses in the trough too, at the expense of the taxpayer.

And I don't agree that 1.8million is small fry across 20 outlets.  Total nonsense.

This figure was during the pandemic - when the industry was supposedly crippled???

Any business that can produce a 14% net margin, when it is 'crippled' is in no need of public handouts.

Rudi

Apologies for using this thread. Staying at the Gal gorm soon. Restaurant is booked out except for fine dining scutter. Anybody recommend a decent restaurant near by as in 15 miles. Good bar & grill type, ribs, steak etc. Dont want any bother with me big Taig head, if you know what I mean.

thewobbler

Galgorm golf club is about a mile away.

Rudi

marty34

Quote from: Rudi on June 27, 2022, 09:46:33 AM
Apologies for using this thread. Staying at the Gal gorm soon. Restaurant is booked out except for fine dining scutter. Anybody recommend a decent restaurant near by as in 15 miles. Good bar & grill type, ribs, steak etc. Dont want any bother with me big Taig head, if you know what I mean.

Maybe The Wild Duck in Portglenone?

About 10 mins drive.

Rudi

Quote from: marty34 on June 27, 2022, 09:56:14 AM
Quote from: Rudi on June 27, 2022, 09:46:33 AM

Maybe The Wild Duck in Portglenone?

About 10 mins drive.

That sounds good to, heard of Portglenone, never there. 2 birds & all that! Thanks

ONeill

Portglenone is a wonderful place to visit.

You can watch the monks power their electricity in the monastery with their own dung. It's a brilliant sight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

God14

Quote from: ONeill on June 27, 2022, 10:56:44 AM
Portglenone is a wonderful place to visit.

You can watch the monks power their electricity in the monastery with their own dung. It's a brilliant sight.

that made me laugh LOLOL

Wildweasel74

Great river walk down there too.

Silver hill

Go another 5 miles up the road to the Tap House in Bellaghy, just beside the Seamus Heaney Centre. Good food, decent portions, reasonably priced.