Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 25, 2022, 11:23:02 PM
https://twitter.com/BelTel/status/1562687349070663680?t=fjLT7iE4-v_yJYOs-iKIjQ&s=09

A wee glimpse into SF for our free state friends. Nurses got a 1.25 % rise today ah well

The assembly - which has no fiscal powers - has been functioning for only two of those years.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on August 26, 2022, 10:57:24 AM
https://twitter.com/BelTel/status/1562687349070663680?t=fjLT7iE4-v_yJYOs-iKIjQ&s=09

A wee glimpse into SF for our free state friends. Nurses got a 1.25 % rise today ah well

The assembly - which has no fiscal powers - has been functioning for only two of those years.

Why vote then? If stormont has no fiscal powers and westminster cant be attended, what is the point of SF north of the border?

Anyhow get O'Broin up, he will sort it all lol. Next you will be saying SF didnt collapse assembly for three years. Think for yourself man, you will feel better

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2022, 11:04:18 AM

Why vote then? If stormont has no fiscal powers and westminster cant be attended, what is the point of SF north of the border?

Anyhow get O'Broin up, he will sort it all lol. Next you will be saying SF didnt collapse assembly for three years. Think for yourself man, you will feel better

Think for myself? I did. See while you saw a headline and immediately jumped on it because you thought it was something you could use to have a pop at SF for, I was able to think for myself and understood that that of the five years the article is based on, the assembly wasn't operational for three of them and that it holds no fiscal powers. Therefor I was swiftly able to deduce that anyone trying to pretend that a power sharing assembly with no tax raising powers is the same as an actual sovereign government, is either being disingenuous or is stupid.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on August 26, 2022, 11:13:00 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2022, 11:04:18 AM

Think for myself? I did. See while you saw a headline and immediately jumped on it because you thought it was something you could use to have a pop at SF for, I was able to think for myself and understood that that of the five years the article is based on, the assembly wasn't operational for three of them and that it holds no fiscal powers. Therefor I was swiftly able to deduce that anyone trying to pretend that a power sharing assembly with no tax raising powers is the same as an actual sovereign government, is either being disingenuous or is stupid.

OMG! Duh

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on August 26, 2022, 11:21:44 AM
Just an error (by someone else) of course, unlike them awful FFrs trying to hide things🤣

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-td-johnny-guirke-says-letting-agent-error-behind-failure-to-register-rental-property-with-rtb-41938003.html

Wouldn't defend him. Also wouldn't be as gullible as to fall for the suggestion that what he has done is in any way a parallel with Robert Troy. Micheal Martin also has also (for the last ten years) failed to declare his share in a West Cork holiday home but it's grand. He's only the Taoiseach.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Sportacus

Genuine question, are the likes of Mickey Brady and Francie Molloy stealing a living, or are they doing some really great work somewhere and I just haven't seen it.

Armagh18

Quote from: Sportacus on November 13, 2022, 09:37:09 AM
Genuine question, are the likes of Mickey Brady and Francie Molloy stealing a living, or are they doing some really great work somewhere and I just haven't seen it.
Mickey would do a good bit in the community in fairness to him, but he's not exactly in danger of losing a seat

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 13, 2022, 09:38:26 AM
Mickey would do a good bit in the community in fairness to him, but he's not exactly in danger of losing a seat
That's big of him when he's pulling in the guts of 300 grand a year in salary and expenses.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 13, 2022, 11:24:42 AM
That's big of him when he's pulling in the guts of 300 grand a year in salary and expenses.

Wonder does he miss delivering letters 😜

armaghniac

But is he a good legislator?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

Very good, but I don't know any community workers on 84 grand a year plus expenses, and anyway is that not what councillors are for?  Most MPs do constituency work on a Friday, so what does Mickey actually do on a Monday, or a Tuesday etc?