This PSNI Thing

Started by Baile BrigĂ­n 2, July 28, 2022, 04:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They were outside the pitch in Newry before I played against them protesting... so whoever wants to know will know I'd assume
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

There would have been no protest in Banbridge ffs. The fall out would not be worth it. There are very good cross community relations in the town but wouldn't take much for hot heads to graffiti or arson. Its an absolute non story. The psni team pulled out. Nothing more to it.

armaghniac

Quote from: charlieTully on July 30, 2022, 11:04:39 PM
There would have been no protest in Banbridge ffs. The fall out would not be worth it. There are very good cross community relations in the town but wouldn't take much for hot heads to graffiti or arson. Its an absolute non story. The psni team pulled out. Nothing more to it.

Would any club be a5rsed inviting them again?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2022, 11:41:46 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on July 30, 2022, 11:04:39 PM

Would any club be a5rsed inviting them again?

They won't... I'm nearly sure at the start they were named Garnerville GAA or something
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

In fairness I'd say the folk protesting at Newry wouldn't know if a ball was pumped up or stuffed. I'd be concerned if the St Michael's team wouldn't want to be recognised as St Michael's PSNI team. Are the members ashamed of their origins?
Careful now

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 31, 2022, 04:27:54 AM
In fairness I'd say the folk protesting at Newry wouldn't know if a ball was pumped up or stuffed. I'd be concerned if the St Michael's team wouldn't want to be recognised as St Michael's PSNI team. Are the members ashamed of their origins?

They worried about security of members?

i.e. dissidents put a pipe bomb in a changing room or something.

(To be clear, not saying that it would happen - just saying they are worried something like that might happen)
i usse an speelchekor

screenexile

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 31, 2022, 08:33:02 AM

(To be clear, not saying that it would happen - just saying they are worried something like that might happen)

I would assume that's why they wouldn't want it broadcast beforehand that a PSNI team would be playing.

Mourne Red

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2022, 10:06:32 AM

I would assume that's why they wouldn't want it broadcast beforehand that a PSNI team would be playing.

Played at tournaments before where it was known they were playing.. Utter bullshit from the PSNI to distract from them covering up Noah Donahoes death

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 31, 2022, 10:42:43 AM

Played at tournaments before where it was known they were playing.. Utter bullshit from the PSNI to distract from them covering up Noah Donahoes murder

So they decided to leave the tournament to distract from the Noah death? Christ that's stretching

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2022, 11:21:15 AM

Played at tournaments before where it was known they were playing.. Utter bullshit from the PSNI to distract from them covering up Noah Donahoes murder

So they decided to leave the tournament to distract from the Noah death? Christ that's stretching

No. Keep up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on July 31, 2022, 11:36:52 AM

No. Keep up.

Not my words ..

Utter bullshit from the PSNI to distract from them covering up Noah Donahoes murder

Mourne Red

Changed last sentence because nothing proven around that but look at the media spout past few days since the PII was announced a lot off reports against nationalism.. Fladh, GAA, Graffiti on OI Buisness owner.. Deflection tactics which older posters you'd think would recognise

Milltown Row2

Look they've played in many tournaments and there's been controversy with the PSNI and will continue to be over the years... I can't (for all my years) actually make that fit into your previous statement.

What I will say is that when opportunities come along to stick the boot into the GAA they will (newspapers unionists) so by giving them an opportunity to do that then the GAA played an own goal..

I said earlier having two St Michaels and leaving it at that would suffice..

marty34

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 31, 2022, 12:06:48 PM
Changed last sentence because nothing proven around that but look at the media spout past few days since the PII was announced a lot off reports against nationalism.. Fladh, GAA, Graffiti on OI Buisness owner.. Deflection tactics which older posters you'd think would recognise

But Milltown won't see that.

marty34

He'll not link recent events.

I wonder will the full story of that lads death ever come out?