Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 25, 2022, 08:42:31 AM
I am just after grabbing a coffee in Brennans and I was told that wee James will be put forward by county management to the county board tonight to be county senior manager 2023.

You may get your coffee elsewhere from now on, someone in there is telling you porkies

TakeTheMark

rosskarr

Ed Hardy

Quote from: rosskarr on July 25, 2022, 08:24:27 PM
McCartan has gone!

Don't blame James one bit for stepping down. Who's next for the job?  And can they get the best players out playing for Down. Hope they get the appointment sorted soon, so new man has full championship to see who he wants involved.

snoopdog

Quote from: Ed Hardy on July 25, 2022, 08:36:41 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on July 25, 2022, 08:24:27 PM
McCartan has gone!

Don't blame James one bit for stepping down. Who's next for the job?  And can they get the best players out playing for Down. Hope they get the appointment sorted soon, so new man has full championship to see who he wants involved.
Realistically who would want it . I'd say it will be an outside man. Banty maybe

Hard2Listen2

James gone after one season.

Truth Hurts keep your phone on you.

Could be the East Down man in the set up!

downtothecore

If it were my choice it would be conor lavery and Marty clarke to suceed james... if they would take it....

SHEEDY

Apart from Laverty and Marty Clarke is there any other realistic names from within the county? If not those 2, an outside person would be the most likely. Whoever it is I hope all the players get on board.
nil satis nisi optimum

Johnnysboys

Time for some of the Kilcoo know it alls to step up to the mantle now. Give it to Laverty surely - can't wait til see who would join him in a back room setup!! He wud definitely get ALL the Kilcoo players on board who are willing to play county and are fit for it - so that's 4 maximum.

ck

McCartan did the right thing. He couldn't get a backroom team and the players didn't want him anyway. Time for a clean sweep and full rebuild.
Staying in Div 3 will be no easy task for Laverty & Co.

Mourne Red

Bar I think he's working in UL.. Cian O'Neill would be my choice to go for it, I thought he done well with Kildare and then he was in the background team for Galway this year.. Could have a point too prove.

Baile an tuaigh

Down boys playing well in Chicago. Barry O Hagan has scored 4  21 in 3 games the stand out player. Three kilcoo boys playing really well Ryan Johnston, Dylan Ward and Caolim Docherty. From what I can see they should be playing County.

snoopdog

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 26, 2022, 12:56:58 AM
Bar I think he's working in UL.. Cian O'Neill would be my choice to go for it, I thought he done well with Kildare and then he was in the background team for Galway this year.. Could have a point too prove.
Why would he leave Galway. A team capable of winning Sam with a few tweaks. He is better as a  coach like Paddy Tally. But Tally should've got more time. Wee James hadn't a chance . We need someone like Gallagher at Derry who gets the players to all fall in behind him. Those who don't want to play forget about them work with those hungry to play for the county. Laverty and Clarke are going well at U20 I'd say they're happy to stay there. But if they got senior it's not a 3 yr job they need 5 years at least to start something .

Mourne Red

Quote from: snoopdog on July 26, 2022, 07:40:01 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on July 26, 2022, 12:56:58 AM
Why would he leave Galway. A team capable of winning Sam with a few tweaks. He is better as a  coach like Paddy Tally. But Tally should've got more time. Wee James hadn't a chance . We need someone like Gallagher at Derry who gets the players to all fall in behind him. Those who don't want to play forget about them work with those hungry to play for the county. Laverty and Clarke are going well at U20 I'd say they're happy to stay there. But if they got senior it's not a 3 yr job they need 5 years at least to start something .

Ohh I fully agree we need someone like Gallagher who will take no shit but there isn't many of his elk around as far as I know??.. Back to O'Neill only thing I can think for him to leave would be the travelling, I'm not sure where he is living why I would even approach him just to see if somewhere closer to home would be of interest too him.

Malachy O'Rourke is another name I wouldn't mind us going for although depends how Glen go in Derry if he'll want to change.

Truth hurts

We need a headmaster to control these boys ;) ;)