Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale Gael

There should only be junior bs in div 4 a and 4 b
The bigger clubs premier reserves shud be nowhere near the ACFl
Their thirds maybe

Ccc proposal is a disastrous quick fix. Wouldn't be in favour of it at all
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 03, 2022, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 02, 2022, 10:35:47 PM

It was not a smack in the jaw, it was a shoulder and as deets said the Barrs man was goading PD  when he was ready to hit the free which Choc did not approve of so he shouldered him.

Goading a man ready to hit a free kick and Choc did not approve... Are you shitting me?? It was Kilcoo that started that shite in our county shouting and roaring when men are standing over a free and 3,4,5 men in close proximity to the kicker shouting like they are trying to organise men around them.. Didn't approve - don't make me laugh. Got taste of his own medicine. Red card is a red card - it should stand. But I still expect them to beat Crokes by 6+ points without him..

LOL Say it how it is then  ;D
[/quote]

When goading began ref should have stopped PD and advanced the ball 13 m. Not allowed to distract a free taker under the newly introduced rule in 2021
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

ardtole

He penalised Kilcoo for the very same thing about ten mins before the end of the game. The Barrs free kicker seemed to loose his footing as he struck the ball, the ball hit the upright and went out of play, but the ref moved the ball up for someone shouting at the free taker.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Lecale Gael on February 03, 2022, 10:59:24 AM
There should only be junior bs in div 4 a and 4 b
The bigger clubs premier reserves shud be nowhere near the ACFl
Their thirds maybe

Ccc proposal is a disastrous quick fix. Wouldn't be in favour of it at all

If you took the top 25 out of the big clubs then you have left with a sprinkling of seconds and mostly thirds players as the games would take place at the same time.

I reckon that only Burren, Kilcoo, Mayobridge, Clonduff, and Carryduff would have the strength to do this. I am not even sure if they would have the appetite for it bar Burren who are losing more players than they are keeping by all accounts. Those named clubs' thirds team would compete well in division 4.

The county board should try to encourage more teams into the senior championship with amalgamations from div 3 and 4 clubs only

Lecale
Mourne
Iveagh lower
Iveagh upper

could people see this work? it was never given the right opportunity years ago

5times5times

Has anyone ever looked into the fact that half the Kilcoo team aren't suffering from long term head injuries?

Re-watched the match over, 4 times they went down clutching their face when not touched.

Harps back to OHanlon doing the same against Cross few years back. Scored a free. Goaded cross player, shouldered then dived and rolled all over the ground.

clubman21

Quote from: 5times5times on February 03, 2022, 01:54:38 PM
Has anyone ever looked into the fact that half the Kilcoo team aren't suffering from long term head injuries?

Re-watched the match over, 4 times they went down clutching their face when not touched.

Harps back to OHanlon doing the same against Cross few years back. Scored a free. Goaded cross player, shouldered then dived and rolled all over the ground.
Not doing anything anyone else isnt, what about the barrs man that scored the goal...just give them the credit they deserve.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Lecale Gael on February 03, 2022, 11:03:54 AM

It was not a smack in the jaw, it was a shoulder and as deets said the Barrs man was goading PD  when he was ready to hit the free which Choc did not approve of so he shouldered him.

Goading a man ready to hit a free kick and Choc did not approve... Are you shitting me?? It was Kilcoo that started that shite in our county shouting and roaring when men are standing over a free and 3,4,5 men in close proximity to the kicker shouting like they are trying to organise men around them.. Didn't approve - don't make me laugh. Got taste of his own medicine. Red card is a red card - it should stand. But I still expect them to beat Crokes by 6+ points without him..

When goading began ref should have stopped PD and advanced the ball 13 m. Not allowed to distract a free taker under the newly introduced rule in 2021
[/quote]
Did anyone notice how Choc reacted (or rather didn't react) to red card ? Not one bit of protest. Have to give him some credit for that considering all the circumstances ie incorrect call and last kick of an AI semi final. I don't believe any of the other Kilcoo players protested either but stand to be corrected on that

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Leftmidfield on February 03, 2022, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on February 03, 2022, 11:03:54 AM

Did anyone notice how Choc reacted (or rather didn't react) to red card ? Not one bit of protest. Have to give him some credit for that considering all the circumstances ie incorrect call and last kick of an AI semi final. I don't believe any of the other Kilcoo players protested either but stand to be corrected on that
[/quote]

Sorry but no credit should be given for a man not reacting for being punished for doing something completely daft and outside of the rules.

full moon

Down are 11/2 to win Saturday. Fairly massive price at home, are Galway that good and Down that poor?

Not a Down man but I'm not convinced they're that much of an underdog at home.

Sandstorm

Why not put all the jealousy aside for the next 10 days and wish Kilcoo good luck. Would it not be a big lift to Down football if there was an All Ireland title in the county?
Whatever you think of them you have to agree they are some outfit and we would all like our club to be in their position.

wobbller

Quote from: full moon on February 03, 2022, 06:19:29 PM
Down are 11/2 to win Saturday. Fairly massive price at home, are Galway that good and Down that poor?

Not a Down man but I'm not convinced they're that much of an underdog at home.
We were 5-1 last weekend and the Bookies like most of us know the Form.

SHEEDY

Aiden Brannigans red card overturned and he's free to play in final. Correct decision.
nil satis nisi optimum

toby47

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 04, 2022, 07:56:52 AM
Aiden Brannigans red card overturned and he's free to play in final. Correct decision.

I agree

Truth hurts

Quote from: Sandstorm on February 03, 2022, 06:38:46 PM
Why not put all the jealousy aside for the next 10 days and wish Kilcoo good luck. Would it not be a big lift to Down football if there was an All Ireland title in the county?
Whatever you think of them you have to agree they are some outfit and we would all like our club to be in their position.

I don't think it's jealousy that some people do not support Kilcoo, it's been certain incidents over the years which have rubbed people up the wrong way.

I will be fully behind my East Down counterparts. Good to see Choc getting off

manwithnoplan

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 04, 2022, 07:56:52 AM

Farcical decision.