Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: SamFever on January 18, 2022, 05:18:20 PM
Seniors going to Carlton house for a training weekend.
Any word of the league start date and how many will be go down from 1 to 2?

ardtole

If all players were available (inc kilcoo), to Wee James what would the likely team be v Monaghan?

wobbller

Quote from: ardtole on January 18, 2022, 09:07:27 PM
If all players were available (inc kilcoo), to Wee James what would the likely team be v Monaghan?

N Kane; N Branagan, R McEvoy, Aaron Branagan; M Rooney, D Branagan, E Branagan; D Ward, Aaron Morgan; C Doherty, J Johnston, S Johnston; C Laverty, R Johnston, P Devlin.

ardtole

Quote from: wobbller on January 18, 2022, 09:26:11 PM

N Kane; N Branagan, R McEvoy, Aaron Branagan; M Rooney, D Branagan, E Branagan; D Ward, Aaron Morgan; C Doherty, J Johnston, S Johnston; C Laverty, R Johnston, P Devlin.

Thats the kind off response I was expecting from Truth hurts.

wobbller

Quote from: ardtole on January 19, 2022, 07:25:07 AM

Thats the kind off response I was expecting from Truth hurts.
Perhaps maybe one change Barry O'Hagan for Conor Laverty- he could then join the Management team.

rosskarr

I see the Kilcoo game is on Sat 29th at 3pm live on TG4 while our away first League game is now moved from 5pm to 6pm.2hrs Newry to Owenbeg. A bit of a mess that. 7pm throw-in for County game would have been better

Johnnysboys

Deluded..

wobbller

Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 19, 2022, 08:40:40 PM

Deluded..
Just a bit of fun.Down could be doing with 3 or 4 of them as soon as possible.

upandwin

4 teams to go down from Div1 this year. It'll be the most exciting season of club football we've had in years.

Can see Kilcoo taking the foot off the pedal in the 2022 league as they do most years. Burren and Clonduff will contest Div1 most likely. Surely has to the year where Clonduff make the step up to being a proper championship contender? They have some talent at their disposal, I think they're a force to be reckoned with in 2022. Question mark will remain over their menality just, bit like W'Point-never just seem to get over the final hurdle or two.

My prediction for division 1 will be:

Burren
Clonduff
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Downpatrick
Warrenpoint
Carryduff
Ballyholland

Loughinisland
Bryansford
Castlewellan
Rostrevor

FM

Not a young lad but Burren will have john mckernan back this year, devastating injury set him back for a long period. No doubt will be coming back with the fire in the belly ready to perform. Super talent

Johnnysboys

Quote from: upandwin on January 20, 2022, 10:46:00 AM
4 teams to go down from Div1 this year. It'll be the most exciting season of club football we've had in years.

Can see Kilcoo taking the foot off the pedal in the 2022 league as they do most years. Burren and Clonduff will contest Div1 most likely. Surely has to the year where Clonduff make the step up to being a proper championship contender? They have some talent at their disposal, I think they're a force to be reckoned with in 2022. Question mark will remain over their menality just, bit like W'Point-never just seem to get over the final hurdle or two.

Burren
Clonduff
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Downpatrick
Warrenpoint
Carryduff
Ballyholland

Loughinisland
Bryansford
Castlewellan
Rostrevor

Few Clonduff and Burren players heading to the states for the summer I hear. This could have a major impact on both clubs if it's the names I have heard..

Johnnysboys

Quote from: savocake on January 20, 2022, 11:52:36 AM
Im looking foward to watching the young talent in the U19 league and champo this year i have a few players to keep an eye out for-

Shane Close Hilltown
Conor Madden CPN
Ronan McLauglin Ballyholland
Finn Murdock Rostrevor
Emmet Rodgers Breada
Matthew Morgan Mayobridge
Luke Clark Kilcoo
Ciaran Lundy Bryansford
Big Tom Carryduff

Any others player to look out for this year lads?

U19 league barely happened last year let alone a league and championship this year. No room for it in the calendar unfortunately or clubs put their eggs in the senior basket and can't/won't field on Friday and Saturday back to back with the same players..

Johnnysboys

Quote from: FM on January 20, 2022, 03:03:19 PM
Not a young lad but Burren will have john mckernan back this year, devastating injury set him back for a long period. No doubt will be coming back with the fire in the belly ready to perform. Super talent

Is FM Seamy??? John was average at underage and wasn't near the Burren team before his devastating injury - how does he now get straight in with all the young talent they have??

Mourne Red

Quote from: upandwin on January 20, 2022, 10:46:00 AM

Burren
Clonduff
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Downpatrick
Warrenpoint
Carryduff
Ballyholland

Loughinisland
Bryansford
Castlewellan
Rostrevor

Burren or CPN for the league.. Castlewellan, Bryansford, Ballyholland Downpatrick for the drop

Sandstorm

Quote from: savocake on January 21, 2022, 09:32:33 AM
Quote from: FM on January 20, 2022, 03:03:19 PM
Heard alot of good things about John McKernan he could be the lad to stop kilcoos run of sucess and bring big frank ohare back to burren.
Must have a backbone then. Unusual.