Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Follower

Quote from: Johnnysboys on December 08, 2021, 09:27:20 PM
Some clubs back out training already for next year - and I'm not talking about gym sessions in groups and f 4-6...  What is going on with these people?? Are they trying to justify huge £££ by taking players for running sessions in December??

What teams are back?

Johnnysboys

Saval are back and bridge were in one of our famous parks for running session... My own club doing way too much for December too..
Mad..

SamFever

Quote from: Johnnysboys on December 08, 2021, 10:14:43 PM
Saval are back and bridge were in one of our famous parks for running session... My own club doing way too much for December too..
Mad..
Now now Johnny, don't be spreading such rumours.

lumpitin

Rostrevor running kilbroney on saturdays and sundays too. Madness 

Truth hurts

Most clubs would have met up with a view to get some weight training done. Imagine a team training over winter. In 3 weeks' time it will be full steam ahead. of sorry every team will have met up bar Bryansford.

Smurfy123

Madness if teams are on the pitch already. Never mind 2 or 3 times a week

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 09, 2021, 08:44:52 AM
Madness if teams are on the pitch already. Never mind 2 or 3 times a week

Sure the Point are training Smurfy?

Truth hurts

Does anyone know when the Down yearbook will be released? It usually was a good Christmas present and I am glad it is returning. It is great at looking back at old yearbooks from the 80's.

Three man weave

Imagine the disappointment of a child waking up on christmas day to open their presents and they get a Down yearbook :o

Three man weave

Quote from: lumpitin on December 09, 2021, 08:13:54 AM
They must be taking it more serious than last year anyways, sad to see how things ended between players and management. Be interesting to see what Benny does

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 09, 2021, 09:00:27 AM
Does anyone know when the Down yearbook will be released? It usually was a good Christmas present and I am glad it is returning. It is great at looking back at old yearbooks from the 80's.
I used to always get the yearbook for xmas and have still held on to them. Think i have 2008-2013 which might have been the last one

Truth hurts

I think my collection starts from 1981 or 1982, they are a great historical document.

wobbller

Quote from: Three man weave on December 09, 2021, 09:19:30 AM
Quote from: lumpitin on December 09, 2021, 08:13:54 AM
They must be taking it more serious than last year anyways, sad to see how things ended between players and management. Be interesting to see what Benny does
Hearing the previous Management may be heading up the Whiterock Road.

Three man weave

So by all accounts, Rostrevor, Saval and Mayobridge all started back up. Ironically three teams renowned for the drink  ;D

Truth hurts

Quote from: Three man weave on December 09, 2021, 11:08:17 AM
So by all accounts, Rostrevor, Saval and Mayobridge all started back up. Ironically three teams renowned for the drink  ;D

Ardglass have started training too