Truth hurts

St Micheals would have it easier being in North Armagh league at underage

DuffGael

But what we are forgetting is we are all Down at heart.  An Dun abu

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 26, 2021, 12:59:51 PM
Quote from: DuffGael on November 26, 2021, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: imagine on November 25, 2021, 05:21:23 PM
You may as well come on down to the Maypole if you're going as far as Belfast.
Less Gaa heads and more soccer.
27 GAA clubs in Belfast , more than in either south or East Down but we are all soccer heads.  😂😂😂

Would it not be easier for Bredagh and Carryduff to play in the Antrim League. Logistically it would be easier. You must be sick of driving to the south Down and Mourne clubs.
I had mentioned future amalgamations previously now truth hurts wants us to start getting rid of a few Clubs to neighbouring Counties.Perhaps he should leave the County himself.
  Wee James spoke well in the Irish News today.I would think by the time the Championship comes
round there'll be much different Senior Panel to one well beaten by Donegal.

Hard2Listen2

Monaghan in first round of Ulster.

Around start of April I believe.

Will be a very tough Division 2 campaign for James & the lads before that.

redandblackareback

So there we go, after nearly 5 months with a hand picked committee we end up with a back to the future appointment everyone knew was coming from the first week.

How can the down gaa public accept this? O Rourke is surely one of the most negative and regressive appointments in the history of this county, the Armagh fraternity must be having some laugh at us right now.

Why can people not see through this Queen's old boy network, Chucky Ned and JD now have their men. Big questions have to be asked of Poland, Mc Ardle and Mc Aleenan, why were them men even there?

EOS must have plenty of money to burn but what will be really interesting is to see the rest of the backroom team which hasn't been declared yet, early word is Oaks, Ronan McMahon and Deegan. Long live QUB

Gaelforce123

So red and black, did you post the same type of comment last year saying 'long live the Ranch'? Considering Tally, Beattie and McGilly were all members of St Marys University Management team and members of staff? Poland and McArdle both played under James and got to an All Ireland Final when nobody saw down doing so, they could be forgiven for respecting him as a good manager. Down have to build, simple as that. Anyone thinking we should be challenging for honours are just unrealistic. Build now, target to be in div 1 again in 3 years, stay there in 4 and challenge for Ulster from there. Other targets are too far ahead to be talking about yet

Johnnysboys

Surely James will be saying thanks a million and goodbye to McArdle, mckernan etc from the panel??

wobbller

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 27, 2021, 09:26:53 PM
Surely James will be saying thanks a million and goodbye to McArdle, mckernan etc from the panel??
Who is included in the "etc" list?

Hard2Listen2

Wouldn't be many dispensed with.

Most of the panel are under 30.

rosskarr

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on November 28, 2021, 08:39:23 PM
Wouldn't be many dispensed with.

Most of the panel are under 30.
I was under 30 at one stage and just about made our 2nds. :D :

Back2Winning

I had the correct call and my man from del monte is never far away.
How do we look on the club management front. Most teams are set up, has anyone a list of division 3 and 4 management teams.
[/quote]

Div 3
Attical             - Chris Burden
Aughlisnfin      - Dolen Croskery
Ballymartin     - Ciaran Brannigan
Bosco             - Mickey McVeigh
Bright             - Francie Toner
Clan Na Banna - Paddy Feeney
Dromara         - Martin Walker
Drumgath       - Jackie Lynch
Shamrocks     - Marty Rafferty
St Pauls         - Paddy Hannigan
Teconnaght    - TBC
Tullylish       - Davy Corbett

Div 4
Aghaderg         - TBC
Ardglass          - Paul O'Shea
Drumaness      - TBC
Dundrum         - John Clarke
East Belfast     - TBC
Glasdrumman  - Glen Burden
Kilclief            - Paul Watterson
Mitchels          - TBC
St Michaels      - TBC     

Hard2Listen2

Kilcoo - M Moran
Burren - J McCorry
CPN - S Mulholland
Clonduff - C McBride
Mayobridge - S Poacher
Carryduff - F Moriarty
Ballyholland - J Lynch
Bryansford - ?
Rostrevor - B Coulter
Loughinisland - K Duffin
RGU - A Robinson
Castlewellan - B Grant?

Longstone - P Trainor?
Glenn - T Bagnall
An Riocht  - B Ruane
Darragh - DJ Kane
Bredagh - B Mason
Saul - C O'Toole
Annaclone - J Haughey?
St John's - ?
Liatroim - F Fitzsimons
Saval - D Hughes?

rafla ta se

Deegan Fegan Convey ONeill for Bryansford

Truth hurts

Why cannot teams play fixtures when they enter a competition. The GAA need to do something about the amount of DNF. It happens too easily in Down and clubs to not seem to do anything about it?
Bryansford not being able to field against Saul. come on Byransford.

befair

This obviously the wrong time for an U-20s competition; so many players will be away at 3rd level. There is rarely a good time, I suppose