Michael Murphy

Started by BennyCake, October 28, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Quote from: Tubberman on July 22, 2019, 07:04:28 AM
Quote from: omochain on July 22, 2019, 06:46:24 AM
The player of the Championship so far. Most important player to his team and he always comes through in the clutch. Now if he had sense he would move to Keady ;)

He'd return to his parents county and we'd finally win the shagging thing - maybe

You might need something more than just MM returning for that, maybe an Irish Ebola epidemic ;D

rosnarun

The player of the Championship so far. Most important player to his team and he always comes through in the clutch. Now if he had sense he would move to Keady ;)

He'd return to his parents county and we'd finally win the shagging thing - maybe
Id rather win or lose  it fairly that have the likes of murphy on the team.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

inthrough

Quote from: rosnarun on July 22, 2019, 04:00:54 PM

"The likes of Murphy"  What the hell does that mean?

Armagh18

Quote from: inthrough on July 22, 2019, 11:38:53 PM

Wouldn't dignify that with an answer if I was you. Any football fan knows Murphy's an absolute class act and has been one of the top players in Ireland for the best part of a decade.

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyCake on July 21, 2019, 10:21:07 PM
It's time to revive the big man's thread.

Great game today from him. Great player to watch.

Never thought he'd miss that last free to draw the game.

Before or after he milked the 10metres?

nrico2006

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 23, 2019, 06:26:02 AM

I actually thought he might.  He missed a simple one out of the hands earlier.  For the last one, he had put it on the ground but then changed his mind.  When he hits them off the floor he never misses though. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

inthrough

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 23, 2019, 06:26:02 AM

Part of what makes him great ;D ;D ;D

BennyCake

What happened to the Kerry v Donegal thread?  :o

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 22, 2019, 11:57:17 PM

Wouldn't dignify that with an answer if I was you. Any football fan knows Murphy's an absolute class act and has been one of the top players in Ireland for the best part of a decade.

+1

nrico2006

One of the few players from a county outside my own that I can say only good things about.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rosnarun

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 23, 2019, 12:45:57 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 22, 2019, 11:57:17 PM

Wouldn’t dignify that with an answer if I was you. Any football fan knows Murphy’s an absolute class act and has been one of the top players in Ireland for the best part of a decade.

+1
murphy is one of the nastiest hoors in the game always mouthing whining trying to intimidate ETC  but to refs he's the baby Jesus

Jayop

Read a lovely story about him on twitter today. On the way back from Croker last weekend the team bus pulled into a service station on Cavan and seen a load of weens in Donegal jerseys. Murphy comes over for a chat. One of them tells him their granny is in hospital so Murphy records a video message for them to send to her. Made everyone's day especially the granny.

Whatever you want to say about the man on the pitch that's a class act. He's an amazing footballer, he does seem to get away with blue murder but a pure gent off the pitch going by what I hear anyway.

rosnarun

I really don't care what player do when they are not playing that's no concern of any body .
its their conduct on the pitch only that Supporters can only judge them .
im sure the Magee  volunteers in puppy shelters but is still  a bollixes on the pitch

Ball Hopper

Enjoyable watch here on Michael in "The Toughest Trade" from March 2017...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1T1gCEBVpY

Jayop

Quote from: rosnarun on July 23, 2019, 04:13:41 PM
I really don't care what player do when they are not playing that's no concern of any body .
its their conduct on the pitch only that Supporters can only judge them .

im sure the Magee  volunteers in puppy shelters but is still  a bollixes on the pitch

What a load of utter bollocks. This is the GAA and without getting all misty eyed of course you judge an amatuer player with how he conducts himself off the pitch as well as on, just the same as you would do with a club player and how he maybe helps out with the younger players etc. There's a few lads that go over and above to interact with supporters, especially younger fans and those are the lads that these young fans will put on a pedestal. Murphy is seemingly great, Aiden O'Shea is another.

Honestly don't understand why some people bother with GAA at all. Like I think Johnny Cooper is a complete kn**ker on the pitch but that's kinda his job and he's f**king excellent at it. Does that mean I have a lesser opinion of him as a man? Does it shite. Because I'm a grown up with the ability to separate things logically.