NEW LAOIS MANAGER

Started by Unlaoised, August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILikeStrawberryJam

Whats your beef with curran Don?

From what i know of him,  hes a decent bloke what a good cv ..

I think hed have the players respect

Maybe im missing something ?

Tony

I can think of a lot worse appointments.

Joeythelips

Nearly 2 months since Lillis stood down, loads of championship games been played for a new manager to view any players who may have some potential. What is the delay? Is Cunningham not an option?

OTF

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 09, 2016, 03:45:42 PM
Nearly 2 months since Lillis stood down, loads of championship games been played for a new manager to view any players who may have some potential. What is the delay? Is Cunningham not an option?

If interested he'd be viewing them anyway, so I wouldn't be to concerned from that point.

GAA-SMART

Cunningham said he didnt want it, only way he will take it at this stage is if Limerick or Wexford don't go for him, absolute farce at this stage, the only way the CC can justify the delay in a successor is if we pull off a coup by getting James Horan or Mc Stay if the Rossies turf him out which is unlikely, but we will probably end up with some sort of bandit like Paul Bealin

portlaoisekid

Some of the names being touted around over the weekend that are in the running for the laois job are truly shocking , I would not let them train an u12 team ... it's a joke

Tony

Who knows if those names are in contention even. The boring reality is we'll just have to wait and see, but it's not going to be an amazing appointment. There's no foresight in the CB - they'll likely hire someone that will keep us in decline for the next few years. What we need is a proactive manager who sees our potential but at this point, I'm really not holding my breath at all.

Unison

What are the most recent names being touted.

SCFC

Give it to Pillar.  :D
We can point at scoreboards as good as any Dub!

Butch Cassidy

I read recently that Tony McEntee was approached but turned it down. Pity as he's a top quality manager. Good to see they are after managers of that calibre.

With Kiely getting the Limerick job, could a management of Cunningham and Sugrue be a runner?

Tony

No, because neither Cunningham nor Surgue want it.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on September 15, 2016, 11:29:26 AM
I read recently that Tony McEntee was approached but turned it down. Pity as he's a top quality manager. Good to see they are after managers of that calibre.

Wonder why he turned it down? Are we offering Mickey Mouse money?

Uisce

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on September 15, 2016, 01:01:25 PM
Quote from: Butch Cassidy on September 15, 2016, 11:29:26 AM

Wonder why he turned it down? Are we offering Mickey Mouse money?

We probably are, the CB see himself and Goofy as a duo that can bring the team forward.

BallyroanAbu

This is a joke process, top quality known managers are not interested in Laois.  So we overpay a risky type, cannot for the life of me see why we just don't go with our own and let it pan out what way it may over a couple of years.  Start a process of having to train the minor and U21 to get a shot at senior.  We develop good managers who are interested in Laois.

GAA-SMART

It amazes me how no names, no comments, nothing coming from the CB, Im not sure about the Tony Mc Entee thing, sure why would the CB go near him when Mayo are about to go into the AI Final, at least they'd wait till next week.