Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 26, 2022, 02:14:12 PM
United have imploded several times since Fergie has left without Ronaldo, if you'd have asked me a few months ago I'd have happily got rid of Ronaldo but he's been superb in recent months. United can't get rid of everyone and there's enough question marks around the likes of Rashford. Sounds like United are looking for a new centre forward although whether Ronaldo is going to put off a potential target is anyones guess.

Carragher has got something in his head about Ronaldo and refuses to budge, comparing it to Klopp getting rid of Benteke is just idiotic.
Ronaldo could still play to the left of a new striker. He's the least of Uniteds worries and the one player I would be annoyed if he left.

Hound

United have imploded several times since Fergie has left without Ronaldo, if you'd have asked me a few months ago I'd have happily got rid of Ronaldo but he's been superb in recent months. United can't get rid of everyone and there's enough question marks around the likes of Rashford. Sounds like United are looking for a new centre forward although whether Ronaldo is going to put off a potential target is anyones guess.

Carragher has got something in his head about Ronaldo and refuses to budge, comparing it to Klopp getting rid of Benteke is just idiotic.

Now Carragher states United need to get rid of Rashford, he along with Neville have quickly turned into a pair of clowns.
Comparing Ronaldo to Benteke is certainly idiotic!
Even now, Palace would be far better having Fat Ronaldo off the bench than fat Benteke.

I think if Real Madrid came in with a 120m bid for Rashford, they would be right to get rid (no link I'm aware of, but there was talk PSG were eyeing him up if they lost mbappe). There could also be a case that Rashford would be better off at a new club with a fresh start. What should have been done with him was to send him to Spurs games to watch only Son. And to Liverpool games to watch only Salah. The two highest scorers in the league and just look at their work rate compared to yours. So cop yourself on.

What's the latest with Greenwood's case? Someone mentioned no charges a possibility- is that because the woman is not pressing or the cops?

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on May 26, 2022, 03:38:00 PM

Now Carragher states United need to get rid of Rashford, he along with Neville have quickly turned into a pair of clowns.
Even now, Palace would be far better having Fat Ronaldo off the bench than fat Benteke.

I think if Real Madrid came in with a 120m bid for Rashford, they would be right to get rid (no link I'm aware of, but there was talk PSG were eyeing him up if they lost mbappe). There could also be a case that Rashford would be better off at a new club with a fresh start. What should have been done with him was to send him to Spurs games to watch only Son. And to Liverpool games to watch only Salah. The two highest scorers in the league and just look at their work rate compared to yours. So cop yourself on.

What's the latest with Greenwood's case? Someone mentioned no charges a possibility- is that because the woman is not pressing or the cops?
Yeah agree re Rashford. Who knows what'll happen with Greenwood. You'd imagine if he was going to be charged he would have been by now. Will be some outrage if he togs out for United again

snoopdog

Quote from: Armamike on May 26, 2022, 01:49:44 PM
The elephant in the room is Ronaldo.  The team was limited but looked a much better unit then Ronaldo arrives and the whole thing goes tits up.  A coincidence?  He obviously still scores goals but at what cost was his signing to the team dynamic and spirit?
Total bollox. Yeah Ronaldos the problem. The ultimate professional surrounded by ar5eholes yet the best player off the last decade is the issue. Jesus wept.

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on May 26, 2022, 04:36:45 PM
The elephant in the room is Ronaldo.  The team was limited but looked a much better unit then Ronaldo arrives and the whole thing goes tits up.  A coincidence?  He obviously still scores goals but at what cost was his signing to the team dynamic and spirit?
Total bollox. Yeah Ronaldos the problem. The ultimate professional surrounded by ar5eholes yet the best player off the last decade is the issue. Jesus wept.
Sorry an injustice to Ronaldo. Best player for the last 15 years

Armamike

Jesus wept indeed. Its a discussion board and we all can have views. Because my tuppence worth is different to your insight doesn't make it bollix.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Cunny Funt

Anyone that forms the view that Ronaldo is or was the problem wasn't paying much attention to the latter stages of last season whereby this decline began. Outside of Ronaldo, Degea what players can you say gave 100% effort once Rangnick arrived until his last game game Palace? Its going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows but the clear out needs to begin with at least half a dozen players shipped out and replaced by players that won't down the tools so easily this summer.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Hound on May 26, 2022, 03:38:00 PM

You'd take a quarter of that

tiempo

Or... and don't shoot me for suggesting this... can ETH not come in, spend no money and work with/improve the players at his disposal? Is spunking more money at the situation the answer when there are players in situ who are clearly very good players. The Man Utd model of throwing good money after bad is broken, how about biting the bullet and working with the players already assembled at insane cost to change the culture and fortunes of the club?

Utd have in effect a 38 game season next year, and for that they need a squad of 18-20 first team players, cup games are for the fringe lads number 16 onwards, with academy players getting their chance in the cups too, and then bounce off the Juve/Liverpool models, look for out of contract stars and value signings from the lower half of the PL, they need to put a stop to the chronic overspend on transfers and wages, whether they have it or not, its not a healthy model

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: tiempo on May 26, 2022, 05:03:08 PM
Or... and don't shoot me for suggesting this... can ETH not come in, spend no money and work with/improve the players at his disposal? Is spunking more money at the situation the answer when there are players in situ who are clearly very good players. The Man Utd model of throwing good money after bad is broken, how about biting the bullet and working with the players already assembled at insane cost to change the culture and fortunes of the club?

Utd have in effect a 38 game season next year, and for that they need a squad of 18-20 first team players, cup games are for the fringe lads number 16 onwards, with academy players getting their chance in the cups too, and then bounce off the Juve/Liverpool models, look for out of contract stars and value signings from the lower half of the PL, they need to put a stop to the chronic overspend on transfers and wages, whether they have it or not, its not a healthy model

There's a possibility of 10 players going out the door this summer, mostly ones you want rid of but they still need to be replaced. The players left aren't up to challenging for anything if we're honest about it.

oakleaflad

All won't go straight away but the team is in need of an overhaul. Think Liverpool under Rodgers to Klopp. There's a few exciting young players there too but would you want them in a dressing room full of disharmony/leaks etc?

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 02:03:45 PM

I'd love to know how he's killed the dressing room and the performances of the players from the season before

What do you think is the cause?  They were doing ok last season. Not setting the world alight but at least they looked competent enough.  Why have Fernandez, Maguire, Rashford, Cavani and the rest all gone to pieces this season?
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 26, 2022, 04:50:20 PM

Anyone that forms the view that Ronaldo is or was the problem wasn't paying much attention to the latter stages of last season whereby this decline began. Outside of Ronaldo, Degea what players can you say gave 100% effort once Rangnick arrived until his last game game Palace? Its going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows but the clear out needs to begin with at least half a dozen players shipped out and replaced by players that won't down the tools so easily this summer.

I don't think he is part of the major problem at Utd but he does bring some things...the throwing his arms up, laughing when losing, huffing when he is taken off...I wouldn't call that the ultimate professional. Did he refuse to play at any time due to not being the first 11? Did he do any post-match interviews after any of the hidings? Maybe he did but I don't remember him taking on any leadership role and let the likes of De Gea, Bruno, and McTom take the brunt of it. He's been captain throughout his career but I didn't see any leadership qualities (outside his playing ability) during the last year.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Armamike on May 26, 2022, 06:02:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 02:03:45 PM

I'd love to know how he's killed the dressing room and the performances of the players from the season before

What do you think is the cause?  They were doing ok last season. Not setting the world alight but at least they looked competent enough.  Why have Fernandez, Maguire, Rashford, Cavani and the rest all gone to pieces this season?

As much as I can't stand him but Samuel Luckhurst done a great article in the Manchester Evening News breaks down everything.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-news-inside-story-23661212.amp

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on May 26, 2022, 04:46:40 PM

Jesus wept indeed. Its a discussion board and we all can have views. Because my tuppence worth is different to your insight doesn't make it bollix.

But you haven't give any tuppence worth? You're talking about other players and blah blah but what is it that you know that has made Ronaldo cause the decline?  2nd last year to 6th? I'm not sure how Ronaldo affects Maguire Fernandez (international teammates) and the rest?

I'd love to know and please don't quote Jamie
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea