Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Leftmidfield on April 15, 2022, 01:46:05 PM
At CPN v Rostrevor last night after a few verbals between both sets of 'management' the referee put EVERYONE INCLUDING SUBS outside the pitch fence apart from manager, their no 2 and physio of each team - a total of 6 allowed on sideline. Subs were standing with supporters 🤔 Is he allowed to do that ? I don't know but would be interested to hear opinion

I think in Owenbeg, Corrigan and Newry etc. subs sit in the stands but that's club games at county grounds.

Probably easier managed with more 'security' and videoing about but definately tidies up the sideline a bit and cuts down on things kicking off.

Very hard to control at club matches though.

elk

Quote from: wobbller on April 15, 2022, 10:44:24 AM
Quote from: elk on April 15, 2022, 10:41:12 AM
Thought the ref had a good game. Wasn't whistle happy and took no nonsense from the side line.
Are we supposed to know what game you're referring to?
CPN V Rostrevor

thewobbler

At CPN v Rostrevor last night after a few verbals between both sets of 'management' the referee put EVERYONE INCLUDING SUBS outside the pitch fence apart from manager, their no 2 and physio of each team - a total of 6 allowed on sideline. Subs were standing with supporters 🤔 Is he allowed to do that ? I don't know but would be interested to hear opinion

I make him right and he's done it before.

There's a thoroughly unnecessary pitch side posse with every senior team, including our own.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on April 15, 2022, 02:57:47 PM

I make him right and he's done it before.

There's a thoroughly unnecessary pitch side posse with every senior team, including our own.
If each of our Clubs enforce it then it would become the norm.But that could easier said than done.

Ed Hardy

See Doherty playing for Kilcoo last night, he's obviously left the county panel recently, any others away from it?

thewobbler

Bubba was in nets for Town last night. Played well too.

Johnnysboys

By all accounts the referee in Clonduff v Kilcoo bottled a massive decision to send off the man with the tights.. watched him kicking an opponent and gave only a yellow card.
A massive round of fixtures next weekend for some clubs who have started off slowly.

SHEEDY

Another brilliant result for the hurlers, beating Kerry by 4pts in Joe mcdonagh cup. Some job Ronan Sheehan is doing.
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

The hurlers are having a great year. Encouraging to see up to 7 different clubs, having a representative on the 1st 15 in most of the games.

Hard2Listen2

Disappointing result for the minor footballers in Fermanagh today.
I think they were beat in first round last year too?

snoopdog

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on April 16, 2022, 08:28:09 PM
Disappointing result for the minor footballers in Fermanagh today.
I think they were beat in first round last year too?
They were 2.02 to 0.01 behind after 10 mins I believe. Not unexpected considering their minor league results.

Town Gael

So there will be a museum commemorating the British army at the new Down training facility in Ballykinler. What west-Brit decided that would be a good idea? Were clubs consulted as I definitely did nit hear anything about it? Co board selling their soul for 40 pieces of silver.

charlieTully

Quote from: Town Gael on April 17, 2022, 12:45:08 PM
So there will be a museum commemorating the British army at the new Down training facility in Ballykinler. What west-Brit decided that would be a good idea? Were clubs consulted as I definitely did nit hear anything about it? Co board selling their soul for 40 pieces of silver.

Read that too. Disgusting. We are an embarrassment in every aspect really.

snoopdog

Quote from: charlieTully on April 17, 2022, 01:44:29 PM

Read it where?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: snoopdog on April 17, 2022, 05:21:20 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on April 17, 2022, 01:44:29 PM

Read it where?

It's reported on website called Armagh I.

Hardly a reliable source?