Smurfy123

The biggest underachievers in colleges football
Who gets the blame for this one
Massive favourites against new comers Holy Trinity
Holy Trinity's first ever semi final

naka

Quote from: rosskarr on January 13, 2022, 11:28:00 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 13, 2022, 10:39:54 PM
And now Abbey out of McCrory cup at 1/4 final AGAIN.. new management, captain of the Hogan cup winning team in their only success Kevin McKernan coaching the team - but same old Abbey... What is going on with our schools football???
And Jody Gormley got the blame for previous failings.
Be careful what you wish for🤷🏻‍♂️
Tbf that wasn't a great abbey team in their earlier school years, they had hard luck on the night but weren't expecting miracles.
Last year was the team which alas didn't happen with Covid etc
Most guys who look in on the abbey  as past pupils are quite content that at least they are going for games now .
Decent corn na nog side coming through.

Truth hurts

The Abbey is the biggest underachievers other than Spurs this century, over to the college tonight to see what they are like.
I think we will be supporting the Red High though, in the McLarnon, they can give us some joy. The Newry teams are half Armagh anyway.
In all seriousness, the cunty board needs to sort our coaching in secondary schools, we are being left behind. Some schools are doing nothing.

lumpitin

Smurfy, they were certainly not favourites, holy trinity with 10 tyrone minors that go to all ireland final, irish news also stating they were favoirites so im not sure where your getting the abbey were 'massive favourites' from?

FM

Aye Smurfy would be good if you knew what you were on about. Abbey missing their captain and 2 more big players in the team. Sending off was harsh too last night on another key Abbey player...

Truth hurts

Holy Trinity used to be slogging it out with the likes of St Malachys and St Marks in the old vocational school's format. They are now in a MacRory semi-final, our schools are fighting it out for a Z shield or something like that. We need to change our coaching in secondary schools, 91 and 94 were backboned by successful schools teams.

The Abbey was, unfortunately, missing a few players but they still lost. We need the Down schools to be performing. The Red High winning the Mageen was a massive boost for hurling here, it's just a pity that South Down turns their noses up at hurling except for a few clubs which have it as a token to keep some members quiet.

There are more basketball teams in the Newry schools than Hurling, Catholic maintained schools.. do me a favour!

snoopdog

Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 13, 2022, 10:39:54 PM
And now Abbey out of McCrory cup at 1/4 final AGAIN.. new management, captain of the Hogan cup winning team in their only success Kevin McKernan coaching the team - but same old Abbey... What is going on with our schools football???
It's the winning mentality. Mayo have the same issue. Teams like St Colmans and St Pat's Maghera just have that winning Mentality it's built into them . As they say success breeds success.  St Colmans have a tough game tonight v Omagh who beat them in group stages.

delgany

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 14, 2022, 09:34:33 AM
Holy Trinity used to be slogging it out with the likes of St Malachys and St Marks in the old vocational school's format. They are now in a MacRory semi-final, our schools are fighting it out for a Z shield or something like that. We need to change our coaching in secondary schools, 91 and 94 were backboned by successful schools teams.

The Abbey was, unfortunately, missing a few players but they still lost. We need the Down schools to be performing. The Red High winning the Mageen was a massive boost for hurling here, it's just a pity that South Down turns their noses up at hurling except for a few clubs which have it as a token to keep some members quiet.

There are more basketball teams in the Newry schools than Hurling, Catholic maintained schools.. do me a favour!

They have nothing to do with catholic maintained system of education . Yes they are catholic, but they are basically independent schools

Truth hurts

Quote from: delgany on January 14, 2022, 01:02:47 PM

We used to be envied over Ireland for the successes of our schools, we are now getting rolled over in the quarter-finals. Sean Og and COT need to pursue the coaching at the secondary level and get our coaches in here .

They have nothing to do with catholic maintained system of education . Yes they are catholic, but they are basically independent schools

naka

tbf times have changed for the better, my lad was at the abbey last year, i was more interested in ensuring he got his points to get into the course he wanted than play mc rory.
when i played  mc rory in the 80s at least 50% of my team under achieved because they were training every evening.
football medals  dont pay the bills ( indeed remember DJ telling me that) and  most kids know that

Back2Winning

Quote from: FM on January 11, 2022, 10:50:50 AM
With Preseason under way, what club teams do you think will take the next step this year?

Would there be many Teams back training? Too early surely?
Stepping up!
Longstone & Bredagh From 2 to 1
Ballymartin & Shamrocks 3 to 2
Drumaness & Dundrum 4 to 3

rosskarr

And the College now just beaten by CBS Omagh after Extra-time!
1.16 to 1.9

SHEEDY

Quote from: rosskarr on January 14, 2022, 09:40:30 PM
1.16 to 1.9

never scored in extra time 😕
nil satis nisi optimum

Targetman

Just about had my fill of Tyrone schools this week!!

snoopdog

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 14, 2022, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on January 14, 2022, 09:40:30 PM
1.16 to 1.9

never scored in extra time 😕
Scored a pt in et. Can't win them all.