Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on January 12, 2022, 02:54:34 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on January 12, 2022, 02:38:32 PM
There are close to 30,000 living in Newry. Why are we not getting enough county players from this City?
This issue has been flogged to death over the years on this Board.

Ok , MR Kill the craic

btw the real Wobbler is much better craic

BigRipper89

I have to laugh at some of the armchair pundits disregarding excellent players as 'done' or 'not good enough'. Lads out training 5/6 nights a week under the watchful eye of 2 all ireland winners with all the fancy extras they have now adays; GPS vests, video analysis, gym programming. They are  at that level for a reason and if i was a betting man I would say a damn bit better than the ones wiritng them off ever were.

I think the team will come together, i wouldn panic yet. Playing catch up slightly with fitness judging on last night due to the late start and a tough Divison 2.Lads havent played together much by the looks of it and abit rusty but 2/3 wins could be enough to keep safe this year and hoepfully a few more from the under 20's get fed into the team during the year. But the current bunch of players have survived 3 managment teams- they coudlnt all be wrong about them...

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 12, 2022, 03:00:25 PM
There are close to 30,000 living in Newry. Why are we not getting enough county players from this City?

Ok , MR Kill the craic

My cousin the wobbler is indeed fine craic but you are raising issues continually that definetly are no craic as they have all been disccused before.

upandwin

Quote from: wobbller on January 12, 2022, 03:30:02 PM

Ok , MR Kill the craic

My cousin the wobbler is indeed fine craic but you are raising issues continually that definetly are no craic as they have all been disccused before.

Reading that sentence gave me Coronavirus...

Mourne Red

Quote from: FM on January 12, 2022, 03:47:22 PM
Only new to this forum but so disappointed in the way some of you so called 'Gael's' go on. If down here all their players to commit and no just the likes of the kilcoo ones and others but also players like the singerson lads, u20s and even other lads who deserve a go - Ronan and daniel  McCarthy Saval. Cathal Foy Burren. Young Murdock the wee ginger fella from Rostrevor. Ohare of Saul. Fegan from Burren, scored 2-3 in the league before injury. There's more to be named no doubt. Bit of respect for the current crop of players wouldn't go a miss lads

It's a discussion board FM - Talking about which players are good enough/ aren't good enough is part of the forum.

Dip your toe into some of the other Counties forums and they'll be chatting the same way posters are on the down board

wobbller

Quote from: upandwin on January 12, 2022, 03:44:43 PM
Quote from: wobbller on January 12, 2022, 03:30:02 PM

Ok , MR Kill the craic

Reading that sentence gave me Coronavirus...
You'll have to self-isolate then.Bye!

Truth hurts

There should be an East Down v South Down trial match in senior, inter and junior every November to give managers a chance to look at new prospects. The 3 games could be played back to back and the money goes to charity. It would create a bit of buzz in the county and it would give us a chance to give the elite a good pasting LOL

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 12, 2022, 04:11:21 PM
There should be an East Down v South Down trial match in senior, inter and junior every November to give managers a chance to look at new prospects. The 3 games could be played back to back and the money goes to charity. It would create a bit of buzz in the county and it would give """us""" a chance to give the elite a good pasting LOL
Us being who exactly?

mourneman9194

Did Gough from Shamrocks not get asked back to the panel this year? I think he was on the squad last year.

Johnnysboys

St Colmans have taken two serious beatings in the last week and with St Marks only winning the local nerf wars competitions - is it any wonder we ain't producing enough talent the likes of Tyrone and Donegal are.. consistency at schools level gives minors a chance and they step up to u20 etc etc

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 12, 2022, 04:48:07 PM
St Colmans have taken two serious beatings in the last week and with St Marks only winning the local nerf wars competitions - is it any wonder we ain't producing enough talent the likes of Tyrone and Donegal are.. consistency at schools level gives minors a chance and they step up to u20 etc etc

How will they win if they are not being coached as much as other counties?

Lotto

Quote from: Lotto on January 07, 2022, 06:59:31 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 07, 2022, 06:46:25 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on January 07, 2022, 01:57:56 PM
Has it not always been the case that any of the established teams would struggle to get more than 3 players through each year to the senior team.  Is it not the nature of things you have to be a very good minor to make it to the senior teams of Kilcoo, Burren or Clonduff etc ?

Even when Burren had mediocre teams in the early 2000's 80% of the minor teams coming through drifted to seconds/thirds teams and some even just drifted away from football altogether.  I would suggest that is the case throughout the county.

As you say this was a freak under 20 team so I dont think it will be an issue in the Burren club going forward.

On the issue of managing the flow ( if there is an issue ), should it not be on the likes of CPN, Saval or whoever else feels hard done by to do something about it rather than Burren closing its gates or the county board getting involved.  Should it not be up to those clubs to make themselves a more attractive proposition to kids and children.  I know CPN are working on it but their facilities are amongst the worst in the top division and have been for 20 years.

We own St Mark's and have two full size halls in there for winter training, a pitch and half all on one site for our underage to avail of. Moygannon pitch is one of the best surfaces in the county and will get better with our new development in the coming years..

How exactly does St Peter's Warrenpoint own a school?

I'm still waiting for an answer Johnny for you to explain how your club owns St Mark's.

Johnnysboys

I'm still waiting for an answer Johnny for you to explain how your club owns St Mark's.
[/quote]

We are in the school every night of the week
We have full uninterrupted use of the facilities including the Gym/fitness suite and halls etc
We use the pitches in the longer evenings
We host all our blitzes there for small underage grades
Committee meetings are held there
The staff are even nice enough to provide tea bags, coffee and milk for us
NO ONE ELSE (GAA CLUBS) CAN GET INTO THE PLACE AS WE OWN IT..

Is that all clear enough for you???

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 12, 2022, 04:52:51 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 12, 2022, 04:48:07 PM

How will they win if they are not being coached as much as other counties?

Is this a genuine question that you want answered or a general statement??

5times5times

Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 12, 2022, 09:28:58 PM

We are in the school every night of the week
We have full uninterrupted use of the facilities including the Gym/fitness suite and halls etc
We use the pitches in the longer evenings
We host all our blitzes there for small underage grades
Committee meetings are held there
The staff are even nice enough to provide tea bags, coffee and milk for us
NO ONE ELSE (GAA CLUBS) CAN GET INTO THE PLACE AS WE OWN IT..

Is that all clear enough for you???
[/quote]
Doing classes to pay for the mercenary that is Mullholland?
You own a bog of a pitch, and rent a pitch off the council....
Your meetings are held in the clubrooms, so that's a lie