Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: FM on January 11, 2022, 10:50:50 AM
With Preseason under way, what club teams do you think will take the next step this year?

A club like Drumaness should not be languishing in Division 4 with the players they have. I expect a push from them this season and with their new set up they should get a kick. Paddy Morgan should get them motoring and if they can get a bit of momentum going I fully expect them to get out of the division. They are a sleeping giant.

FM

The players I think will have a big season in Division 1

Kilcoo - Tiernan fettes. Harps- Sean campbell.   Cpn- Adam lynch.  Rostrevor- Conor Doyle.    Clonduff- Ryan mcgreevy.   Bridge-Aaron magee L'island- Declan mcclements Carryduff- Eoin Maguire Burren - John Mckernan Castlewellan - Sean Dornan Dpatrick - Tim Prenter  Ford- Cathal Burns

Mixture of lads with senior experience and youth, some lads only coming back from injury too. Should be interesting

knockitdown

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 11:50:44 AM
Quote from: FM on January 11, 2022, 10:50:50 AM
With Preseason under way, what club teams do you think will take the next step this year?

A club like Drumaness should not be languishing in Division 4 with the players they have. I expect a push from them this season and with their new set up they should get a kick. Paddy Morgan should get them motoring and if they can get a bit of momentum going I fully expect them to get out of the division. They are a sleeping giant.

Until the soccer season starts.....

thewobbler

There's a few players named in tonight's team who, for the good of everyone involved in Down football, could do with a "thank you for your services" letter. It must be nullifying for younger players to waltz around them in training, to watch them start.

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 01:21:40 PM
There's a few players named in tonight's team who, for the good of everyone involved in Down football, could do with a "thank you for your services" letter. It must be nullifying for younger players to waltz around them in training, to watch them start.

How would you know they waltz around them in training? I think its great we have experienced campaigners in the squad

Truth hurts

Also James in giving plenty of lads chances and a good mix from throughout the county. Great to see Carryduff and Bredagh players representing the county. This can only benefit us going forward as East Down clubs were generally forgotten about for years.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 01:39:21 PM
Also James in giving plenty of lads chances and a good mix from throughout the county. Great to see Carryduff and Bredagh players representing the county. This can only benefit us going forward as East Down clubs were generally forgotten about for years.
And here WE go again ZZZZZZ!!!.Who exactly was forgotten about for years.Name three players to back up your thinking.

Lloyd p

With the two squads that have been named so far, add in 4 or 5 at least from kilcoo and maybe some others that haven't been named yet, I think there is more than enough talent and good players for Down to build a successful team and have a good year and beyond. Real signs for optimism imo.

whitegoodman

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 01:21:40 PM

I would normally agree with you on this sort of thing but I would make 2 points on this.  1) All of last years panel was asked back due to the management being appointed so late in the year and the limited time for trials and the management seeing any of the club championship. 2)  Some of the younger lads are out this week because of the Sigerson and obviously the Kilcoo contingent so the management may have been limited in what they could do in terms of selection.

If some of those guys are still starting by the end of the league then I would be fully in agreement with you.

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on January 11, 2022, 01:47:56 PM
And here WE go again ZZZZZZ!!!.Who exactly was forgotten about for years.Name three players to back up your thinking.

Danny Savage, Donal Kennedy and Donal Hughes, do you want me to continue

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 01:59:03 PM

Danny Savage came on as a Sub last year v Donegal in the Championship- not a County footballer really.Donal Hughes has never fully committed to the Football sie of things but a good servant of Down Hurling. Donal Kennedy I haven't a clue who he is.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 11, 2022, 01:59:03 PM

Ps. Please continue...

thewobbler

Donal Kennedy would have been Drumaness' key forward around the 2005-2015 kind of time, when South Down lads got precedence because of where they were born.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 02:38:05 PM
Donal Kennedy would have been Drumaness' key forward around the 2005-2015 kind of time, when South Down lads got precedence because of where they were born.
That's a while ago and really does back up truth hurts assertion that there is indeed a conspiracy.Lets have a Tribunal!

manwithnoplan

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 02:38:05 PM

He was an excellent club player, maybe could have been given a shot but hard to be confident he would have made the leap to county. We will never know....