Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 16, 2017, 07:20:15 AM
That's what you call a no holds barred interview
To far?
only got to hear all of the danny hughes interview today. it was good to hear him saying what every man on the street is saying and i dont think he went too far at all. dont think too many could argue with anything he or cahir o'kane said.
nil satis nisi optimum

rosskarr

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 16, 2017, 02:34:28 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on February 16, 2017, 02:15:38 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 16, 2017, 08:00:44 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 16, 2017, 07:20:15 AM
That's what you call a no holds barred interview
To far?

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the machinations of the county board or the problems but from that little that I do know, I don't think so.
"Don't think so"what?I don't understand.

The question was 'too far?'. The answer is 'I don't think so'.
Gotcha now.

Targetman

Can anyone confirm that big Downey from Drumgath availed of the January transfer window and moved to Bryansford?

Down4sam2020

Unfortunately I think that may be true , still think he would be a good option for the county in their current state. Fast , good hands , accurate and a high work rate - a handful for any full back. Saying Niall Madine is not available and Paul Devlin has left - Packie could be an option.

Targetman

Don't know about the county but a big loss for Drumgath

SamFever

Quote from: Targetman on February 16, 2017, 10:00:29 PM
Can anyone confirm that big Downey from Drumgath availed of the January transfer window and moved to Bryansford?
Was there a fee involved?  :)

Targetman

Would put the Chinese clubs to shame ;)

rosskarr

Packie's father wont be happy.

outinfront

PD interview on Hoganstand saying there's a lot of bull being talked.

Smurfy123

A good bit of bull being talked alright but so much proper stuff being talked about too
The dogs in the street know whose picking the team.

bannside

SHEEDY

Quote from: bannside on February 17, 2017, 09:46:08 PM
Who?
a lot of people reckon 'the man in the hat' has too much say into team affairs.
nil satis nisi optimum

Targetman

Well if that's the case he's equally as bad as Burns, team selection is baffling and that's putting it mildly

West Down Rover

Hi, fellow Down fans, I was away overseas and missed the recent Clare game and follow up.  Indeed am very disappointed for everyone. Lads at the match inform me that Clare took off a few good players for rest and only for that the result would have been far worst.  I am nearly convinced the current Management under Eamonn Burns are treating this as a Senior team 'Development Squad' and hence the reason why the strongest and most experienced team was not started. If this is the case they would need to explain themselves!
The Meath encounter will bring things to a head at close quarters.