Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

To Kilcoo- congrats, congrats , congrats- now go finish the job and the commit to the red and and black, can't say I love ya  but what an outfit - UTM

SHEEDY

Really disappointing night for Down, struggled for scores and struggled to hold on to possession. Gilmore showed up well but lacked support. Real battle on to stay in division 2.
nil satis nisi optimum

elk

Until the best players in each club come forward to represent their County, Down will always be floating between division 2 or 3. Can't knock the lads who currently represent us they are committed and giving their all.

SHEEDY

Seen a tweet from Cahair O'Kane saying Down have now used 85 players in last 5 years, that's a serious turn over of players. First thing wee James has to do is get a settled team and try to build.

Looking at Armagh against the Dubs, they're miles ahead of us.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Red

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 29, 2022, 08:13:41 PM
Seen a tweet from Cahair O'Kane saying Down have now used 85 players in last 5 years, that's a serious turn over of players. First thing wee James has to do is get a settled team and try to build.

Looking at Armagh against the Dubs, they're miles ahead of us.

The funny thing is - Armagh are playing how they played 20 years ago when they won the All-Ireland, that kicking game / diagonal ball was their fortay 

FM

Lads, how is Kevin Mckernan still starting for Down, not even the best Mckernan in Burren

rosskarr

One point from play from our forwards and two from our defenders.Not good especially when two Clonduff forwards were deemed unfit to be part of the panel and were dropped midweek.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 29, 2022, 07:25:12 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on January 29, 2022, 06:29:01 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on January 29, 2022, 05:08:22 PM
Laverty saved Kilcoo in extra time, guided them through it when a few went hiding

As well as he played in extra time, it's a bit of a stretch to say he saved them when they clearly had the pace and fitness advantage at that stage. Serious athletes, they'll have a few bruises but they handled extra time superbly as usual.

Not in scores or bursting through 5 or 6 tackles but look at the way he controlled the game.. Few Kilcoo heads scrambled with the pressure but he was wanting every ball.. I'm not a fan of Laverty at all but if you watch that extra time again he probably had possession of the ball for majority of it

Don't get me wrong, I agree he was superb in controlling the game when they needed that composure (as usual), but I just meant there were a few others who stepped up in extra time with lung busting running and Devlin with his couple of scores. Their fitness and determination when they go to extra time is unbelievable.

sdg

Congratulations kilcoo.
Down what can you say, poor team poor management.

rosskarr

Anyone in this lot to make a difference next Sat v Galway?Div 3 here we come

Gary McMahon C.P.N
Denis Murtagh Gleann
Adam Lynch C.P.N
Brendan McArdle Eamach Cluana
Conor Francis Bredach
Jack McCartan Gleann
Josh Connery CeathrĂș Aoidh Duibh
Keuin McKernan Boireann
Liam Middleton Liatroim
Ryan O Higgins Ath Bhriain
Sean Blaney Bredach
Tim Prenter R.G.U
Tom Close Cluain Daimh :-

ardtole

I thought Morgan done very well when introduced.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: FM on January 29, 2022, 08:38:24 PM
Lads, how is Kevin Mckernan still starting for Down, not even the best Mckernan in Burren

First part of ur comment is spot on. It's actually baffling how he is still on the panel let alone starting a NFL game. Named Rushe and he came on so why not start him. 23 year old lad full of energy and good on the ball. If he's fit to come in he's fit to start. Brendan Rodgers must've been licking his lips when he heard mckernan was starting instead.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: rosskarr on January 29, 2022, 09:01:55 PM
One point from play from our forwards and two from our defenders.Not good especially when two Clonduff forwards were deemed unfit to be part of the panel and were dropped midweek.

Who was dropped???

Mourne Rover

An outstanding ET performance from Kilcoo today but sadly a flat one from Down for most of the game in a low key atmosphere at Owenbeg. We had fine debuts from McElroy and particularly Gilmore, while Murdoch also had his moments, but our more experienced players were largely disappointing against a fairly ordinary Derry side who were seldom put under real pressure. We conceded a poor goal when it was still tight and might even have got back into it after the break when Mooney did all the difficult work and produced a careless finish which was blocked on the line. That was effectively the end of the contest, although Burns kept making comical errors to keep us entertained. There was an overall lack of focus and direction which will have to be addressed pretty quickly if we are going to stay in D2.

snoopdog

Hard to see that team getting enough scores to win a fame. Can only hope the best of kilcoo make themselves available for selection after their all Ireland club final. At the minute the majority of the best players in Down are kilcoo men. 7 or 8 could walk into that Down team. Congrats to kilcoo , they will hopefully win it now. Hard to know what crokes bring. They look beatable in most of the games I've seen them in. Comfortable today though.