Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

[/quote]
Doing classes to pay for the mercenary that is Mullholland?
You own a bog of a pitch, and rent a pitch off the council....
Your meetings are held in the clubrooms, so that's a lie
[/quote]

Bog of a pitch?? Duno when u were last there - it's far from a bog I can guarantee you that. Yes we also rent up at the skip site as we offer Hurling, Football, lgfa and camogie so we need all the facilities we can get..
and as an ex member of the committee I can guarantee you we were in St Marks for many many meetings.

Mourne Rover

Last night was a disappointing performance but not a particularly surprising one. The delays in appointing a new manager meant that we started proper pre-season preparations much later than most of the other counties, and it was fairly obvious that Antrim were the fitter and better organised side, with the loss of our Sigerson players also a factor.

The Sigerson runs until the middle of February, so, with the Kilcoo contingent also unlikely to be available before then, and a number of injuries to take into consideration, even James probably has little idea at this stage about our starting line-up for the Derry game on January 29.

The people who are writing off Darren O'Hagan, undoubtedly our best player of the last decade, on the strength of one unexpected appearance as a sub, are certainly drawing premature conclusions. He has had a tough time with injuries, but we will need to see him in some league games before we can make any proper assessment of him.

ardtole

A lot of common sense in that post MR.

Smurfy123

Nobody's writing DOH off
All I was saying is we maybe can't always depend on him now to mark a Conor McManus or McCurry and expect him to also add to our attack
He maybe needs to be now used in a different role
Sweeper or something
Laois beat Meath well after themselves getting hammered on Saturday
As I said a lot of people overstating division 2
Down are as good as any team in this division

Truth hurts

Good luck to Kilcoo on Sunday, hopefully, we all can get behind them even if you are from Liatriom, The Town, The Ford, Clonduff, or Burren. It will be a great boost to the county to see the magpies as winners again.
BTW Warrenpoint is a fantastic forward-thinking club that has banished the soccer mentality from their town and seems to be pulling the whole area with them. It's a pity the town where we play our home matches does not have the same thinking.
DOH will be ready for the league and he will be one of our best performers, he never lets us down.

upandwin

Tell ya what Truth...that's the best post I've seen on here in 2022. Fair play...good luck to the Magpies this week

No1

I know that I shouldn't bite but...................

Quotethe soccer mentality

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by that?

Truth hurts

Quote from: No1 on January 13, 2022, 02:31:52 PM

Point used to be a soccer town, not anymore.

Soccer Towns/Villages in Down are Newry, Banbridge, Castlewellan, Drumaness, Strangford, Crossgar. If we could change the mentality of these areas to GAA then we as a county would be in a better shape.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 13, 2022, 03:16:55 PM

Soccer Towns/Villages in Down are Newry, Banbridge, Castlewellan, Drumaness, Strangford, Crossgar. If we could change the mentality of these areas to GAA then we as a county would be in a better shape.
More flogging to death of well discussed issues over the years.Keep up the daft posts!

FM

All the best to Abbey CBS tonight, hopefully put an end to the quarter final curse that has seen many teams with great players  over the years fail to get over the line. Full confidence in these young guns tonight, just hope they can produce the goods! AAAABBBBEEEYYYYY

Truth hurts

Quote from: wobbller on January 13, 2022, 03:38:11 PM

More flogging to death of well discussed issues over the years.Keep up the daft posts!

Sorry for answering a question on a discussion board. I bet you are great craic on a night craic ::)

No1

QuotePoint used to be a soccer town, not anymore.

Your profile says your club is Ballykinlar, is that right?  Your time would be better spent putting some effort into getting your own senior football team back out onto the pitch.  Definitely a wind-up merchant.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 13, 2022, 03:43:48 PM
Quote from: wobbller on January 13, 2022, 03:38:11 PM

Sorry for answering a question on a discussion board. I bet you are great craic on a night craic ::)
Unfortunately it'll never happen that you and I will have a night out.I don't frequent your part of Down.

manwithnoplan

Less so Strangford, more so the Downpatrick and Ardglass areas.

Johnnysboys

And now Abbey out of McCrory cup at 1/4 final AGAIN.. new management, captain of the Hogan cup winning team in their only success Kevin McKernan coaching the team - but same old Abbey... What is going on with our schools football???