setanta

Started by snoopdog, February 01, 2011, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Lads going up home for the weekend, is Setanta available in the north?
Pay per view obviously
want to see Down Mayo

Brick Tamlin

want to see it myself, is there any pubs about newry, warrenpoint are showing it i wonder.

ziggysego

I hear the games are in HD this year on Setanta.
Testing Accessibility

SHEEDY

is setanta available on any links on internet?
nil satis nisi optimum

gerry

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 01, 2011, 06:19:24 PM
is setanta available on any links on internet?

i am afraid not. justintv had a site a few years ago but its gone now
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Sandy Hill

According to today's Irish Times, Setanta are showing the ArmaghvDublin game on Sat in HD.
"Stercus accidit"

laoisgaa

GAA goes HD for the very first time on Setanta

This weekend will see Ireland 's first broadcast of Gaelic Games in High Definition.  The Armagh v Dublin game on Saturday night will be available on Setanta HD to UPC digital customers as will a minimum of seven other Allianz League games including Dublin 's big football clashes with Cork , Kerry and Down. 

Hurling fans will be able to enjoy the High Definition detail of the eagerly awaited match between Tipperary and Kilkenny on February 12th.  The defeated All-Ireland finalists will be out to prove a point in that clash.

CEO of Setanta Ireland , Colin Morgan, commented "As a lifelong GAA fan I am particularly looking forward to watching Gaelic Games in HD for the first time.  Setanta are showing 15 games in total and a minimum of eight will be in HD on the UPC service, including four Dublin games.  All of Setanta's games are on Saturday nights and under floodlights which will add to the viewing experience."

Another new dimension to Setanta's coverage is a new face in Eoin McDevitt, who will host the live Allianz League games.  McDevitt, who also hosts the 'Off the Ball' show on Newstalk, will be presenting live GAA for the first time and will be joined by analysts and commentators including Nicky English, Senan Connell, Seanie McGrath, Paul Earley and Ross Carr.

Simon Kelehan, Head of TV, UPC, commented, "We're delighted to be showcasing the first ever GAA match in high definition as Dublin travel to Armagh on Saturday 5th February.   GAA in HD is unique to Setanta HD and exclusively available to UPC customers on HD channel 412."

Matches to be broadcast in HD live on Setanta:

Feb 5th
Armagh V Dublin             19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland

Feb 12th
Tipperary V Kilkenny      19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland

Feb 19th
Dublin V Cork                    19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland

Feb 26th
Dublin V Kerry                  19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland                               

March 5th
Tipperary V Waterford    19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland                               

March 12th
Tyrone V Antrim              19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland                               

March 19th
Down V Monaghan          19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland                               

April 2nd
Dublin V Down                  19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland                   

Shortso79

anyone getting in setanta for the forthcoming national league ?

can you subscribe for three months and then cancel

Real1995

I see that there is a 2 month deal stating that you can get it for 8.49 euro a month, yet once you click on it and you say you live in the north, it is £9.99stg? that is some exchange rate!
Nice guys always finish second!

Craigyhill Terror

Ring them and say you saw an email offer for £5.99 a month for six months and that's what you'll get. Did it yesterday

ziggysego

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on February 03, 2012, 10:41:44 AM
Ring them and say you saw an email offer for £5.99 a month for six months and that's what you'll get. Did it yesterday

Cheers  ;D I was just about to ring them ;)
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Am I missing a week here.
Have I been asleep for a whole week?

Feb 5th
Armagh V Dublin             19:30     LIVE Setanta Ireland

I thought it was Kerry this weekend the Dubs have and Armagh next week

eddie d

More like missing a year  :D  thats 2011, tho i thot da same

Norf Tyrone

Tyrone v Kildare, and Dublin v Kerry is on tomorrow. Isn't it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Worker

Is the down donegal game on tv?