Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 06, 2019, 10:52:02 AM
RIP implies that he goes to heaven.  What ya think?

That he goes to heaven? That's up to god!
What ya think?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

Maybe he will sneak past St Peter.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

omaghjoe

Dunno what it was like in his later years but he certainly had a lot of supporters all over southern Africa who saw him as a hero for giving back stolen land to the native populace.

omaghjoe

Chester Williams - 49.
One of the first black Springboks and the only (i think) on the 95 RWC winning team

Hound

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 06, 2019, 07:22:42 PM
Chester Williams - 49.
One of the first black Springboks and the only (i think) on the 95 RWC winning team
4 dead now from that team. What happened poor Chester I wonder ?

Targetman

Died of a heart attack

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hound on September 06, 2019, 09:58:17 PM
Chester Williams - 49.

The scrum half van der Westhuizen and who else?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Tony Baloney

One of them died from a brain tumour years ago so he must have been very young.

seafoid

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 07, 2019, 08:22:25 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 06, 2019, 09:58:17 PM
Chester Williams - 49.

The scrum half van der Westhuizen and who else?

via the Torygraph

Reports in South Africa suggest that Williams suffered a heart attack following a gym session.
He becomes the fourth member of that team to pass away after Ruben Kruger, Joost van der Westhuizen and James Small, the other wing who died from a heart attack less than two months ago. Kitch Christie, the coach, has also passed away.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rufus T Firefly

Abdul Qadir, the great Pakistani leg spinner from the eighties. A brilliant bowler with a fiery temperament, as umpire David Constant found out on one occasion, when denying him an lbw decision. He was a leading figure in a brilliant three match test series against England in the Summer of 1982.

RIP.

moysider

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2019, 08:31:35 AM
One of them died from a brain tumour years ago so he must have been very young.

40. That was Ruben Kruger.

Ambrose

Irish athlete Craig Lynch has tragically died in a car accident at the age of 29.

Lynch represented his country at the European Championships back in 2016 in the 400m event and was part of the Ireland team that ran in the 2015 World Relay Championships alongside Thomas Barr,  Dara Kervick, Brian Murphy, Brian Gregan and Richard Morrissey.

He also won national indoor 60m title in 2016.

Lynch was a teacher and hailed from Shercock in Co Cavan.

On Sunday night Shercock AC posted on social media: "Following the tragic death of Craig Lynch, one of our most talented athletes, in a car accident last night, our thoughts and sympathies are with his parents, brothers, sisters, daughter, fiancee and all family members, indeed the whole Shercock community at this sad time. Rest in peace Craig."
You can't live off history and tradition forever

under the bar

Rick Ocasek - lead singer of The Cars.  Wrote some of the tunes that defined the 80s.

Rufus T Firefly

Fernando Ricksen. Taken away at a very young age, but I'd imagine his passing is a release for the fella, given the nature of his illness.

Rest In Peace.

imtommygunn