Gun licence

Started by Jim Bob, March 13, 2020, 09:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Anyone in the wee 6 applied for a gun licence anytime recently?
is there much of a process?
Would like to get a pellet gun to shift some vermin away from my vegetable plot this spring but know nothing about guns other than you need a licence.

Last Caress

You living in the north?

Last Caress

Sorry. Miss read your post. Clearly you are.
Here is a link https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/applying-firearms-licence-northern-ireland
I don't find it user friendly but this is the way it is done these days. Have a good read through before lodging as they will refuse the application and you have to then reapply.  Hope this helps.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Last Caress on March 13, 2020, 10:01:21 PM
Sorry. Miss read your post. Clearly you are.
Here is a link https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/applying-firearms-licence-northern-ireland
I don't find it user friendly but this is the way it is done these days. Have a good read through before lodging as they will refuse the application and you have to then reapply.  Hope this helps.

Cheers LC

Rois

I have signed a gun licence renewal recently. I had to respond to an email that went into my junk mail - just a warning to whomever signs yours.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Rois on March 13, 2020, 10:13:47 PM
I have signed a gun licence renewal recently. I had to respond to an email that went into my junk mail - just a warning to whomever signs yours.

Cheers

GJL

I have one. Another thing you will need is an appropriate gun cabinet bolted to the wall. Fire arms officer will come out to inspect it before they issue the permit. 

Last Caress

Quote from: GJL on March 14, 2020, 11:22:41 AM
I have one. Another thing you will need is an appropriate gun cabinet bolted to the wall. Fire arms officer will come out to inspect it before they issue the permit.
That's a very good point.  The firearms dealer should help with application (should you need it) and advice on the storage

giveherlong

Quote from: GJL on March 14, 2020, 11:22:41 AM
Thunderbolt it to the wall- easily done
You need to visit a firearms dealer and pick your gun and have the serial number before you fill the application
You'll also be called into the police station for a short interview
I think you might also need permission from a landowner (or confirmation you have your own land)