FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 18, 2016, 03:49:28 PM
Enough talk about thealso rfans.
Let's discuss the FINAL - GAILLIMH V ROS COMÁIN.
I'd say it's Galway's to lose.

Walsh was making intimations we'd been training away for ages on Mid-West, almost sounded like he was hinting at us breaking the training ban. As if Galway were sitting on their hands in November and December.

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 18, 2016, 12:00:50 PM
With no O'Connor to buy soft frees, and O'Shea to horse into lads, Mayo are an average team

Agreed, also without Higgins, Leeroy and Parsons and the ones you named they are very average!

In fact with out Vaughan, Barry Moran, Sheamie and Diarmuid O'Connor and the ones you named and the ones i named they are no better than any other team.

Shannoncider

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2016, 02:20:28 PM
Quote from: Shannoncider on January 18, 2016, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 18, 2016, 12:09:27 PM
Mayo probably started with 7 of their best 15 how many did Roscommon?

Looking at Galway they've certainly experimented more than Mayo & Roscommon, surely Galway will send out more of the experienced players for next weeks game given the league opener will only be a week away.

Team that played yesterday

G ClaffeyWont be near team
N McInerneyWont be starter but pushing first year on panel
N CollinsStarter
R StackWont be starter
S McDermottStarter
N DalyPossible Starter
C DalyStarter
E SmithStarter
I KilbrideWont be starter
Fintan CreggWont be starter
C MurtaghWont be starter
R DalyWont be starter
S KilbrideStarter
C CreggStarter
D MurtaghStarter

That would be my take on it 7 def starters and one possible

Ciaran is our right-footed free-taker. Really has come on at senior. Probably one of the first names on the team sheet such is his work-rate.

Ciaran is a quality forward no doubt about it and his development in last 12 months in senior player had been a joy to watch but poster asked how many of yesterday's team would be in our first 15 and in my eyes he wouldn't. He would be behind Harney, donie shine and smith will more than likely be moved to wing forward his best position come championship

larryin89

What is the most likely midfield pairing for Roscommon come championship ? Higgins and ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Cathal Shine and see who might be fit after that.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

sligoman2

Christ we're shocking so far.  Don't know most of the team that played yesterday so I don't think we were going flat out for a win.

Need to wake up, can't street the league off with 3 losses on the trot like last year.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

GalwayBayBoy

Haven't been paying much attention to the FBD this year so had to dig up who started at the weekend for Galway and the team was

Brian O'Donoghue (Claregalway)
Cathal Silke (Corofin)
Declan Kyne (An Fháirche)
Liam Silke (Corofin)
Johnny Heaney (Killanin)
Thomas Comer (Williamstown)
Enda Tierney (Oughterard)
Paul Conroy (St James)
Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean O'Curraoin (Carna Caiseal)
Eddie Hoare (St Michael's)
Sean Denvir (Michael Breathnach)
Niall Walsh (Killanin)
Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)
Danny Cummins (Claregalway)

Shrewdness

Yesterday`s little win was a family occasion. Duriing the game we had the 3 Murtagh brothers, the 3 Daly brothers andthe 2 Kilbrides. For those who don`t know, Cathal and Fintan Cregg are not brothers. Does anyone know why Cathal Shine dropped out yesterday?

Tubberman

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 18, 2016, 07:48:44 PM
Yesterday`s little win was a family occasion. Duriing the game we had the 3 Murtagh brothers, the 3 Daly brothers andthe 2 Kilbrides. For those who don`t know, Cathal and Fintan Cregg are not brothers. Does anyone know why Cathal Shine dropped out yesterday?

He doesn't like playing without his big bro Donie
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on January 18, 2016, 08:05:58 PM

..except they're not even related.

Cathal not the only one changed before throw-in. I think he had a niggle and is only combing back to fitness. Probably just rested. Needs to be right for the Monaghan game for us to have a chance.

Enda did very well in the middle yesterday but playing him that deep deprives us a bit of his pace. Mightn't have any option but to play him there if the midfield injuries don't clear up though.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

Cathal not the only one changed before throw-in. I think he had a niggle and is only combing back to fitness. Probably just rested. Needs to be right for the Monaghan game for us to have a chance.

Enda did very well in the middle yesterday but playing him that deep deprives us a bit of his pace. Mightn't have any option but to play him there if the midfield injuries don't clear up though.

I know that Syf, twas an attempt at humour.
The Mayo News reporting only 20 players able to train for Mayo, hope we can field a team agin the langers
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayo.mick

Quote from: Tubberman on January 18, 2016, 11:04:21 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

I know that Syf, twas an attempt at humour.
The Mayo News reporting only 20 players able to train for Mayo, hope we can field a team agin the langers

Jaaze, I'd better throw the boots in the boot in case  ;D
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Ryano

Cathal and Fintan Cregg are not brothers.

Correct, Finbarr (sub yesterday) is Cathals younger brother not Fintan.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 18, 2016, 07:23:53 PM
Haven't been paying much attention to the FBD this year so had to dig up who started at the weekend for Galway and the team was

Brian O'Donoghue (Claregalway)
Cathal Silke (Corofin)
Declan Kyne (An Fháirche)
Liam Silke (Corofin)
Johnny Heaney (Killanin)
Thomas Comer (Williamstown)
Enda Tierney (Oughterard)
Paul Conroy (St James)
Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean O'Curraoin (Carna Caiseal)
Eddie Hoare (St Michael's)
Sean Denvir (Michael Breathnach)
Niall Walsh (Killanin)
Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)
Danny Cummins (Claregalway)

He's given plenty of lads a chance to be fair to him, given we've lost Lundy & Duane we need to find at least 4 new players who can make the next step up this year. I'd like to think we'll see improvements from Liam Silke, O'Currain, Flynn, Shane Walsh, Comer & Adrian Varley this year and surely Conroy will have a better year after a poor one last year.

I'd expect Tyrone to get promoted so that leaves one spot up for grabs; I suspect Galway, Armagh, Derry & Meath will all be pushing for promotion and I'm sure Cavan will too although I don't think they will whilst Fermanagh & Laois will be content to stay in the division. I was expecting promotion this year whilst we benefit from a settled side with a few new additions but given we've lost Lundy & Duane and the likes of Hanley, Bradshaw, O'Donnell, Sice, the Sweeney's & Shane Walsh haven't appeared in the FBD for a variety of reasons I'm not sure what to expect. Given a lot of the teams look to be on a similar level I suspect 10 points would certainly be enough to gain promotion whilst it may only take 9 like last year.