30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

trailer

Glen took the FK before refs whistle. What is the sanction here?

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2023, 11:18:09 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 25, 2023, 11:09:35 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2023, 11:01:03 AM
A small referring error that did not effect the outcome of the game has been blown all out of proportion with Joe Wally leading the charge.

Take a step back and have a lie down if needs be.

Glen objecting is absolute desperation stuff. If the GAA succumb to loud mouths in the press and order a replay, KC should politely decline and send the cup up the road in a taxi.
Why do people keep coming out with this line of tripe? We have no idea one way or the other if it had an impact or not on the outcome of the game. It certainly had impact on that passage of play, whether it changed the outcome or not. Even if only 1 in 20 of these last gasp chances end in goals, whos to say it wasnt to be Glens lucky shot? We have no idea and that much is 100% certain.

Are we going to replay every game in which refs make a mistake? The probability of Glen scoring a goal was low. Glen took the 45 before ref blew the whistle. It's the stuff of desperation on their behalf.
KC were also 2 points ahead with 2 minutes left last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYui7_rrWyk
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

smort

trailer

Quote from: smort on January 25, 2023, 11:57:39 AM
Trailer is a WUM

Yeah great retort. I disagree so I am a WUM.
Have a lie down ffs.

pjm

Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2023, 11:57:12 AM
A small referring error that did not effect the outcome of the game has been blown all out of proportion with Joe Wally leading the charge.

Glen objecting is absolute desperation stuff. If the GAA succumb to loud mouths in the press and order a replay, KC should politely decline and send the cup up the road in a taxi.
Why do people keep coming out with this line of tripe? We have no idea one way or the other if it had an impact or not on the outcome of the game. It certainly had impact on that passage of play, whether it changed the outcome or not. Even if only 1 in 20 of these last gasp chances end in goals, whos to say it wasnt to be Glens lucky shot? We have no idea and that much is 100% certain.

Are we going to replay every game in which refs make a mistake? The probability of Glen scoring a goal was low. Glen took the 45 before ref blew the whistle. It's the stuff of desperation on their behalf.

And didn't Kilcoo score a goal direct from a 45 last year

trailer

And what? That means nothing. Because something happened before doesn't mean it will happen again.
https://youtu.be/vRgx2Yw0-ME

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2023, 11:53:49 AM
Glen took the FK before refs whistle. What is the sanction here?
They didn't.

smort

Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2023, 12:05:22 PM

And what? That means nothing. Because something happened before doesn't mean it will happen again.
https://youtu.be/vRgx2Yw0-ME

The fact that it happened before means it CAN happen again

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 25, 2023, 11:53:39 AM

This isn't only a question of the referee. In this case, the other team broke the rules by not bringing their player off.

Tell me or show me the rule as I haven't seen it, that the team that gives the slip to the 4th official, he then tells the ref  that there are 2 subs coming on, that he then has to wait till the subs go off before restarting that KC management broke the rules?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2023, 11:36:36 AM
I think the other compelling one is to stop the GAA copping out of these decisions and trying to put any blame on teams that are involved. That should not be allowed.

Lets hope it leads to a change in how a player is substituted because without that been changed this will happen again and again. Player coming off should be come to the line before sub is allowed on.

westbound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 12:13:26 PM

This isn't only a question of the referee. In this case, the other team broke the rules by not bringing their player off.

Tell me or show me the rule as I haven't seen it, that the team that gives the slip to the 4th official, he then tells the ref  that there are 2 subs coming on, that he then has to wait till the subs go off before restarting that KC management broke the rules?

Rule 2.1 below!

RULE 2 - THE PLAYERS
2.1 A team shall consist of fifteen players.

I don't believe KC management deliberately broke the rules, but I REALLY can't see how anyone can argue that they didn't break the rules (albeit for only about 30 seconds).

To me it's without question that the rules were broken.  The severity of the punishment can be debated IMO. I think it warrants a replay - 'depending on the circumstances' (i.e. it was the last 30 seconds where all 16 players were behind the ball).

Rossfan

Exactly.
Nice and simple and Ref adds on time if the process is deliberately delayed.
I suspect all we'll see for now is a fine for Kilmacud ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

16 players is a Category error. It is totally different to a ref mistake. It's equivalent to changing the dimensions of the pitch.  It reaches the parts that steps cannot. 

Of course KC have not explained why Mullin was on the goal line. But they have 3 days to tell the GAA their side.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: westbound on January 25, 2023, 12:25:16 PM

Rule 2.1 below!

RULE 2 - THE PLAYERS
2.1 A team shall consist of fifteen players.

I don't believe KC management deliberately broke the rules, but I REALLY can't see how anyone can argue that they didn't break the rules (albeit for only about 30 seconds).

To me it's without question that the rules were broken.  The severity of the punishment can be debated IMO. I think it warrants a replay - 'depending on the circumstances' (i.e. it was the last 30 seconds where all 16 players were behind the ball).

They followed procedure, who is there to enforce that? All I'm doing here is what will Croke park be doing to get out of this jam? The subs must leave the field of play before restarting the game.. Look for that rule
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dreadnought

How do you know it didn't affect the outcome? Do we just throw out all the rules now?