30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

OrchardOrange

Let's hear the thoughts of the only opinions that matter - The Board!

RadioGAAGAA

If I were on the committee I'd ask the players as a collective to decide what way they want to take it.

If I were a player? Do I honestly think it was the winning and losing of the game? Probably not. Move broke down too early. Do I think Mannion and Walsh could be kept as quiet 2nd time around? Probably not. Did my team underperform badly on the day and have a much better chance of winning next time? No, not really.

I don't *think* I would ask for a replay. But then I'm not in their mental space right now.

Edit: ahh. My memory is crap. Move didn't break down that early. Would the marking of Conor glass have changed with a man less in small square?

Feck. Harder decision now. Ahhh. Probably still no for a replay, but very much depends what way the wind is blowing!
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

They shouldn't be in this position.  Rule 6.44 says if the rules are breached a replay, forfeiture or fine are the options.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

DearyMe

Tough one!

Can anyone give me an example of this having happened before?  In that they (Croke Park) have agreed to a replay after steps climbed, speeches made, trophies presented, songs sung etc?

I think it unlikely.  That said, Glen do have the right to ask/appeal!

Big fat fine me thinks!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

J70

As Seafoid says, it should not be their decision. If rules were broken, then there should be a specified penalty. Glen's wishes should be irrelevant.

Once again the GAA is a f**king joke when it comes to rules and discipline.

There are no rules or regulations. Just vague guidelines and recommendations and fuzzy maths which clubs and counties laugh at when yet again gettting themselves off the hook.

westbound

Quote from: DearyMe on January 24, 2023, 11:53:43 AM
Tough one!

Can anyone give me an example of this having happened before?  In that they (Croke Park) have agreed to a replay after steps climbed, speeches made, trophies presented, songs sung etc?

Big fat fine me thinks!

Connacht minor final Ros V Galway, the year cake took the penalty when he shouldn't have. Pretty sure it was 1989! Not an all ireland, but it was a final. Roscommon captain got the cup and later in the day the game was 'awarded' to galway. Subsequently, a replay was agreed and Ros won the replay (AET in Tuam if my memory serves me correctly!)

There are other replays - Offaly V clare hurling & Armagh V laois football championship but I don't recall any other final being played

DearyMe

Quote from: westbound on January 24, 2023, 12:03:09 PM
Tough one!

Big fat fine me thinks!

Connacht minor final Ros V Galway, the year cake took the penalty when he shouldn't have. Pretty sure it was 1989! Not an all ireland, but it was a final. Roscommon captain got the cup and later in the day the game was 'awarded' to galway. Subsequently, a replay was agreed and Ros won the replay (AET in Tuam if my memory serves me correctly!)

There are other replays - Offaly V clare hurling & Armagh V laois football championship but I don't recall any other final being played

Fair! Cheers
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

whitey

If it were up to me I'd consider three things

(1) Was it intentional-ie pulled a fast one hoping no one would notice

(2) Did it make a material difference in the final sequence of play

(3) Did the officials have the ability at the time to intervene but didn't

If the answer to any or all questions  is yes-I would be asking for a replay

Armagh18

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2023, 12:08:00 PM
If it were up to me I'd consider three things

(1) Was it intentional-ie pulled a fast one hoping no one would notice

(2) Did it make a material difference in the final sequence of play

(3) Did the officials have the ability at the time to intervene but didn't

If the answer to any or all questions  is yes-I would be asking for a replay
1. Hard to say only they know themselves.
2. Impossible to say how it would have went without the extra man.
3. Absolutely.

Theres enough here for a replay. Still can't see it happening.

imtommygunn

1. I don't think so.
2. Again I don't think so.
3. Yes.

Dreadnought

They shouldn't have to, GAA should have ordered replay. But if it is being put in their court, then they absolutely need to object.

AustinPowers

Tough one!

Big fat fine me thinks!

Meath Antrim  hurlers replayed 3 or  4 years ago after a scoring error

Meath collected the cup  and match was replayed a week or two later. Meath won again

smort

They absolutely have to object, whether they play the replay or not is another question and I can see both sides of that argument

square_ball

Quote from: smort on January 24, 2023, 12:23:25 PM
They absolutely have to object, whether they play the replay or not is another question and I can see both sides of that argument

I'd say they have to object as well for the simple fact it will force the GAA into making a call on it. As you say who knows if they will accept a replay especially going by MOR comments after the game. I'd imagine his opinion on it will have a major bearing on what they do IF a replay was offered.

Armagh18

Quote from: square_ball on January 24, 2023, 12:28:21 PM
Quote from: smort on January 24, 2023, 12:23:25 PM

I'd say they have to object as well for the simple fact it will force the GAA into making a call on it. As you say who knows if they will accept a replay especially going by MOR comments after the game. I'd imagine his opinion on it will have a major bearing on what they do IF a replay was offered.
Hard to know. It'll be players at the end of the day, he's not a Glen man.