Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Is the under 20 game available to watch online now? Couldn't get watching it last night.

Truth hurts

snoopdog

Quote from: manwithnoplan on March 30, 2023, 11:17:00 AM
Is the under 20 game available to watch online now? Couldn't get watching it last night.
Should be available on Ulstergaa TV. Prob still charge a tenner though

Too many steps

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 29, 2023, 06:16:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on March 29, 2023, 05:39:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 29, 2023, 05:09:16 PM
8 Burren starters and this group never won an Ulster minor club title?? :o

Was it not cancelled for 2 years due to covid??

It was but would these lads not be same age as Lavey crop who won 2 in a row?

No - Lavey won Ulster minor in 2019 - this Burren team won u16 McGirr that year.

They did play that Lavey team in McGirr semi as a largely u15 team in 2018 ( think there were 3 last year u16 players started that day) and lost by a point - should have beat Lavey that day - awful amount of wides from Burren if I remember correctly.

Then they missed the McConville cup due to CV19 pause in 2020, plus they only had one year at minor due to the u17 switch.

Given that they beat everyone by about 20 points in the '19 McGirr they would have been very strong favourites to win a minor too, but unfortunately a lot of football was lost that year - they were lucky to even get a county championship in back then - dark days.

johnnycool

Quote from: messy gael on March 30, 2023, 01:05:47 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 30, 2023, 12:03:48 PM
Redandblackareback is he ok?

Busy Lambing Sheep with Lav

Sure his wee 4yo can lamb sheep now, no need for anyone else.

wobbller

This U20 team were shocked by Fermanagh Minors 3 years ago managed by wee James.Some improvement.

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: redandblackareback on March 29, 2023, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 29, 2023, 09:08:06 AM
Any word on the Down team?
Whats the point asking for a team? It will be the normal kilcoo nonsense with about 7 changes to the starting line up and 3 or 4 to the squad like the seniors every week, fooling absolutely nobody. 

Awk I do feel sorry for you mate.. as if electric, heating oil and diesel wasn't high enough at the minute.. you aren't even getting any rent from the Kilcoo boys living in your head 24/7..

Truth hurts

any updates on how teams pre-season is going. Bryansford are getting good numbers I heard at training.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 03, 2023, 02:20:30 PM
any updates on how teams pre-season is going. Bryansford are getting good numbers I heard at training.
looking forward to it all.TH,how's your own Club shaping up?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: wobbller on April 03, 2023, 04:43:37 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 03, 2023, 02:20:30 PM
looking forward to it all.TH,how's your own Club shaping up?

😉😆😅😂🤣

Johnnysboys

Losing players, operations, new management, bit of in house arguing, retirements - I just hope we can stay up to be honest.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 03, 2023, 08:39:27 PM
Losing players, operations, new management, bit of in house arguing, retirements - I just hope we can stay up to be honest.

Crafty ol fox Johnny 😉 Smoke and mirrors tactic lol

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 03, 2023, 08:39:27 PM

I have heard the Point are having a tough pre-season but they will be alright with everyone back in a few months.

SHEEDY

Down u20s won the toss for home advantage and will play the semi final against Monaghan at home on Wednesday 12th April
nil satis nisi optimum