10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 09, 2013, 10:53:12 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 08, 2013, 03:30:18 PM
I remember last year, Jordan was giving Seanie Johnston abuse his transfer to Kildare on twitter, Johnston replied with at least I didn't cheat to get a player sent off in a All Ireland final. Jordan said feck all after that.

We know you didn't Seanie. You never got the opportunity to.

Got ye digging away with another few pages with that :)

haveaharp

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 09, 2013, 10:36:16 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 08, 2013, 05:44:52 PM
kinda hard to argue in football terms, one county got 36 the other 3, at least the dubs have hit the 20 odd mark and can blow abit about it

but I have yet to hear one Armagh man to say that Marsden could have dealt with it better.

he could have actually hit him

BennyCake

Hard to argue with what Weasel?
The question was did Tyrone get under Kerry's skin and whilst most Kerry fans would never say yes, it was pretty obvious from the players that Tyrone did. In fairness to Galvin he matured a bit in the last few years and his honesty in that video is to be commended. It meant a lot to them that they beat us that year and finally get that monkey off their back.
Would you disagree with that opinion?

For a man from a county who hugely underachieved with a good team back in the early 90's, you do some mouthing off about Tyrone at every opportunity.

It's interesting how many on the Tomás o'Se thread seem to rate Jordan as a great wing back yet so many small minded Derry & Armagh lads thought he was nothing but a cheat. Ye are all entitled to yer opinions of course.

A few of us Tyromonies have been man enough to say maybe he did make a meal of the strike but I have yet to hear one Armagh man to say that Marsden could have dealt with it better. At least BennyCake explained how the disappointment of losing the chance for 2 in a row has made them bitter towards Jordan and so I can then understand their bias or need for a scapegoat.

I would imagine the reason Tyrone may have got under Kerrys skin, was not because Tyrone beat them 3 times, but it was what their players did to win those 3 games (eye gouging, screaming at players, trying to get Kerrymen booked etc). I think that's what wrangles the Kerry folk. If a team beats your team fair and square, you can't have any complaints, but when there's that sort of thing going on, well that's a different story.

I think most fans (even Derry and Armagh) would appreciate that Jordan was a decent player, but he will always be remembered for his cheating. Not only that, but as good a player as he was, he didn't half go down easily at the slightest contact.

Re: Marsden. As I recall, there was handbags between him and another Tyrone player, when Jordan came bolting at him on his blind side. It was a reflex action.

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2013, 11:53:52 AM
The question was did Tyrone get under Kerry's skin and whilst most Kerry fans would never say yes, it was pretty obvious from the players that Tyrone did. In fairness to Galvin he matured a bit in the last few years and his honesty in that video is to be commended. It meant a lot to them that they beat us that year and finally get that monkey off their back.

For a man from a county who hugely underachieved with a good team back in the early 90's, you do some mouthing off about Tyrone at every opportunity.

It's interesting how many on the Tomás o'Se thread seem to rate Jordan as a great wing back yet so many small minded Derry & Armagh lads thought he was nothing but a cheat. Ye are all entitled to yer opinions of course.

A few of us Tyromonies have been man enough to say maybe he did make a meal of the strike but I have yet to hear one Armagh man to say that Marsden could have dealt with it better. At least BennyCake explained how the disappointment of losing the chance for 2 in a row has made them bitter towards Jordan and so I can then understand their bias or need for a scapegoat.

I would imagine the reason Tyrone may have got under Kerrys skin, was not because Tyrone beat them 3 times, but it was what their players did to win those 3 games (eye gouging, screaming at players, trying to get Kerrymen booked etc). I think that's what wrangles the Kerry folk. If a team beats your team fair and square, you can't have any complaints, but when there's that sort of thing going on, well that's a different story.

I think most fans (even Derry and Armagh) would appreciate that Jordan was a decent player, but he will always be remembered for his cheating. Not only that, but as good a player as he was, he didn't half go down easily at the slightest contact.

Re: Marsden. As I recall, there was handbags between him and another Tyrone player, when Jordan came bolting at him on his blind side. It was a reflex action.

You now speak for Kerry folk? ;D Some craic. The apples really must be bitter.

BennyCake

Quote from: EC Unique on October 09, 2013, 12:35:03 PM
You now speak for Kerry folk? ;D Some craic. The apples really must be bitter.

"I would imagine...". That's the first three words I used. Is that speaking for Kerry folk?

Why don't you try to contribute something worthwhile to this thread? You've nothing to add, so you come up with smiley faces and name calling and the likes. Pathetic.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

BennyCake

You Tyrone ones sure put up great arguments  ::)

I thought you had to be over 12 to be a member on this board? Looks like we have a few under age.

Nally Stand

Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2013, 01:08:09 PM
You Tyrone ones sure put up great arguments  ::)

I thought you had to be over 12 to be a member on this board? Looks like we have a few under age.

22 pages of crying over a game which took place ten years ago and we're the immature ones?  :P Ah lighten up. The moaning from Armagh and Kerry on this thread is a source of immense pleasure to Tyrone posters. It baffles me why ye all insist on continuing to post on it for that very reason, but I'm not complaining! Here's to the next 22 pages!! ;D

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

sensethetone

Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2013, 11:53:52 AM

kerry done plenty of diving in 05 final trying to stop canavan's shot going into the net  lol

Fuzzman

Did anyone in the media come up with any definite evidence of what happened Gooch's eye that time?
Was it meant to me big Pascal that done it or were they trying to blame Ricey in a Dublin shirt?

BennyCake, are you a bit like Brolly and RTE in general and rather selective of the incidents that you choose to comment on. I bet you thought Dublin were a very clean team this year and never stooped to such low levels of the dark arts to win a game. Do you believe everything that the RTE tell you?

Why wasn't this incident highlighted by RTE's Brolly & Co but instead we have to squeaky clean Gavin tell us over and over again how he wants the game played in the right spirit. Do you agree this is clear evidence of eye gouging whereas NO such images came out from the alleged one in 2005 or was there?

I think Mickey Harte's boycott of RTE has had a knock-on effect this year on how RTE painted us and I hope it doesn't continue next year.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nally Stand

armaghniac

Quoteand they pay us now to leave the bog alone

the sheep will be happy to hear that.

Armagh

Tyrone
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B