Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoring Zone

agree with a lot of this, but everyone associated with the team is under the cosh now, personally i think it should get really ruthless now and would cull a few lads (up to 8 lads) a few big hitters and men milling about the squad but not making an impact - as they didn't look fit, organised and the worst of all motivated, they look to be a group of lads cording themselves that they are motivated and doing the work but when the heat comes on they fold. Reset in culture needed quickly

redzone

Quote from: Scoring Zone on January 29, 2023, 09:34:14 PM
agree with a lot of this, but everyone associated with the team is under the cosh now, personally i think it should get really ruthless now and would cull a few lads (up to 8 lads) a few big hitters and men milling about the squad but not making an impact - as they didn't look fit, organised and the worst of all motivated, they look to be a group of lads cording themselves that they are motivated and doing the work but when the heat comes on they fold. Reset in culture needed quickly
Interested to hear who the eight would be

Ancharraig123

2 players let go during the week- liam nugent plus 1 other who I do not know

An Watcher

Maybe it would be worth fast tracking some more if the successful u-21 team.  Not necessarily canavan as I think they need to bring him along but sure to get others.  Get them blooded this year and if that us all we do then so be it

Will it ever end

You say they don't look fit - they're not carrying weight, does their sharpness then come back to the S&C of Peter Donnelly? The same Peter Donnelly who had them in the shape to win an all Ireland 2 years ago - it's a funny old game.

square_ball

Who else is involved in the squad from last years u20s? Niall Devlin has been heavily involved and playing pretty well so far. Cush there too and we're working off the assumption that McGleenan and Canavan are involved in the wider squad? Anyone else from that squad capable of making the step up yet? McHugh has another 3 or 4 years at MacRory Cup level with HTC so he'll probably be included in a few years.

square_ball

Quote from: Will it ever end on January 29, 2023, 10:19:11 PM

You say they don't look fit - they're not carrying weight, does their sharpness then come back to the S&C of Peter Donnelly? The same Peter Donnelly who had them in the shape to win an all Ireland 2 years ago - it's a funny old game.

Peter Donnelly not involved anymore.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Ancharraig123 on January 29, 2023, 10:04:56 PM
2 players let go during the week- liam nugent plus 1 other who I do not know

Why nugent? Played McKenna cup

Scoring Zone

To me particularly in the last 20 very heavy legged, a particularly in a few roscommon counter attack they seemed to be able to pull away from the tyrone men and the support play was not its usual energy - so it's either they are doing a load of work during the week or conditioning isnt where it needs to be but don't think i'll watch that one back to verify!

giveherlong

Quote from: square_ball on January 29, 2023, 10:20:37 PM
Who else is involved in the squad from last years u20s? Niall Devlin has been heavily involved and playing pretty well so far. Cush there too and we're working off the assumption that McGleenan and Canavan are involved in the wider squad? Anyone else from that squad capable of making the step up yet? McHugh has another 3 or 4 years at MacRory Cup level with HTC so he'll probably be included in a few years.

*Cough* *Cough* HTC

trailer

Quote from: Scoring Zone on January 29, 2023, 10:58:27 PM

To me particularly in the last 20 very heavy legged, a particularly in a few roscommon counter attack they seemed to be able to pull away from the tyrone men and the support play was not its usual energy - so it's either they are doing a load of work during the week or conditioning isnt where it needs to be but don't think i'll watch that one back to verify!

When teams are not playing well they can look unfit. I would doubt that is the actual case. It's a difficult time for the team. They don't seem to have any belief and are looking around at each other for leadership and inspiration. It's definitely lacking.

southtyronegael

Not a great  start to the league but time to iron out some problems. Canavan missed a free with a minute left to make it a one point game then they get a goal to leave 5 in it so we were closer than the scoreline  suggests. Huge game against  donegal in omagh this weekend. Mc curry needs to start and we need to start playing  football  instead of fuckin about with  meaningless solo runs  and hand passes.

NotedObserver

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 30, 2023, 02:07:02 PM
Not a great  start to the league but time to iron out some problems. Canavan missed a free with a minute left to make it a one point game then they get a goal to leave 5 in it so we were closer than the scoreline  suggests. Huge game against  donegal in omagh this weekend. Mc curry needs to start and we need to start playing  football  instead of fuckin about with  meaningless solo runs  and hand passes.

This is embedded now. Need to find a way to get the ball to Canavan and McCurry as the quality and shooting instincts stands out a mile. Defence is wide open at the moment and not sure what the answer is 

bogball88

Quote from: Quarterbackk on January 29, 2023, 03:31:37 PM
Mc Shanes confidence must be on the floor. Looked brilliant in the mc kenna cup, plays against a gael force breeze and dooher pulls him off at half time?? We had nothing to hit inside in the second half. Also to be an inside forward and have to watch Meyler hog the ball with putting inside his last resort must be awful.
Shocking behaviour

CK_Redhand

Firstly how do we know it was Dooher alone who made the decision?

Secondly, there may be more innocent explanations for a sub. He might have been carrying an injury, maybe he said something or had a bad attitude in the dressing room. Maybe he refused to follow instructions on the pitch. We have no way of knowing that he was subbed for his performance alone.