Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: Under Lights on January 21, 2023, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: God14 on January 02, 2023, 06:35:49 PM
It'll prob take a year or two to come out, but fairly amateurush set up is what I am hearing time & again. Won Sam and earned huge credit, by making some genuine excellent tweaks to an existing set up.
I have little faith in current management arrangement to be honest. Some really underwhelming reports

Joint managers... Really?

Didn't look like a team at all today

https://punditarena.com/gaa/eoin-harte/peter-canavan-calls-changes-tyrone-gaa/?amp

Same issues present themselves today. Lack of fitness and intensity. PtG called it out last year. Knackered and lose every game in last quarter unless it's fermanagh

Quarterbackk

Mc Shanes confidence must be on the floor. Looked brilliant in the mc kenna cup, plays against a gael force breeze and dooher pulls him off at half time?? We had nothing to hit inside in the second half. Also to be an inside forward and have to watch Meyler hog the ball with putting inside his last resort must be awful.

Moonshine

Quote from: Quarterbackk on January 29, 2023, 03:31:37 PM
Mc Shanes confidence must be on the floor. Looked brilliant in the mc kenna cup, plays against a gael force breeze and dooher pulls him off at half time?? We had nothing to hit inside in the second half. Also to be an inside forward and have to watch Meyler hog the ball with putting inside his last resort must be awful.

Pulled him off as he was shocking. Good mc kenna cup he scored few frees against Derry that was the height of it. He wasn't only one there quite a few players that don't cut the mustard at that level and some have too many miles on tank. Club season will be early again looking at that

Quarterbackk

Quote from: Moonshine on January 29, 2023, 03:40:38 PM

Pulled him off as he was shocking. Good mc kenna cup he scored few frees against Derry that was the height of it. He wasn't only one there quite a few players that don't cut the mustard at that level and some have too many miles on tank. Club season will be early again looking at that

He was no worse than the rest of them. He might have scored the missed frees in the second half. Is he not a better option than Matty. All this solo solo and turn back. 

Moonshine

Quote from: Quarterbackk on January 29, 2023, 04:02:11 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on January 29, 2023, 03:40:38 PM

He was no worse than the rest of them. He might have scored the missed frees in the second half. Is he not a better option than Matty. All this solo solo and turn back.

I'd be in agreement with your donnelly comment slows everything down. No pace now. He was great servant but time to blood someone new in these other games

LC

Tyrone I think will give Cork 2010 a run for their money as being the worst team to have ever won an All Ireland.

NotedObserver

Quote from: LC on January 29, 2023, 04:21:36 PM
Tyrone I think will give Cork 2010 a run for their money as being the worst team to have ever won an All Ireland.

This Tyrone team a long way from the AI winners. Similar personnel but attitude/fitness miles off

CK_Redhand

It's January. We can over react if Tyrone don't perform to their best in the Summer.

The long term plan must be to phase out the older players. If they were suddenly dropped and 21 year olds introduced they'd be on a hiding to nothing. I hope we'll see this as the league progresses.
BTW, Mattie came off at a time when Tyrone were winning.

Quote from: clarshack on January 29, 2023, 03:23:10 PM
Quote from: scout on January 29, 2023, 03:16:13 PM
Sooner we get rid of Logan & dooher the better.

Who would you replace them with? and don't say Paul Devlin.

Malachy orourke

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Strange old opinion. That team was knocking on the door for a while. Post Harte they went up a level or two at the same time the Dubs were starting to decline. Tyrone put up some great performances (in testing circumstances) and were deserving champions. The shite served up since is irrelevant.

Still early days for this year but that was worrying again. Played well against the wind and after going 3 in front in the second half there should only have been one winner. The way Tyrone let it slip away was reminiscent of last year, lack of shape and leadership. Unrecognisable from the aforementioned team of 2021. It's not beyond them to pull things together but manner of that defeat a little concerning.

Christmas Lights

Tyrone lost the game when Matty Donnelly went off.

Hes far from done yet no matter what anyone on here says.

square_ball

Tyrone did get worse when he went off. I do think his role has to change. Maybe back to when he would have played at 6 and just sit there. We have been wide open in our defence especially when we are turned over.

redzone

Exciting game and full credit to the rossies for the win. In the first half they set up brilliantly with zonal marking and we really struggled to break thru them with the Gael force win. Start of the second half we really should have went 6 up and we probably would have held out, but wasn't to be.
Munroe got a black card at a terrible time,not sure what for but very frustrating. Personally wouldn't have him near the team as all he does is foul or else hit men after they have played the ball.
McShane had a tough time in the first half following his man up the field all the time and we needed McCurry on. Matty wasn't as bad as people make out here, was a good outlet and won 3 scoreable frees, 2 of which went over with harte kicking the other badly wide from 25 yards. Also layed one of in the first half which was scored. Taking him of may have cost us the game as Jones didn't seem to know who he was on for while  and to me was to blame for the two goals. But he's a great prospect and one we need to be sticking with.
Going forward there's only really one man that you would want managing Tyrone next year ands it's Malachy. Logie and dooher have done brilliant so far but I can't see them wanting to stay another year unless they win Sam again which you wouldn't rule out as we have done so in the past

An Watcher

Mattie must provide a serious bit of leadership for that team because without him they are very poor.  As someone mentioned he picked up alot of frees today to the point I thought his marker was in trouble.  Notvsurecwhat the black card wad for either but after seeing the mayo black card last night I wouldn't have been surprised I'd it was for sonething sift.  Tyrone get that goal to go 6 up and they'd probably win by 10, instead ros get a goal and they're back in it fighting fir everything.
I only hope Tyrone are holding sonething back as it doesn't look good at this stage

rrhf

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 29, 2023, 04:39:48 PM

Strange old opinion. That team was knocking on the door for a while. Post Harte they went up a level or two at the same time the Dubs were starting to decline. Tyrone put up some great performances (in testing circumstances) and were deserving champions. The shite served up since is irrelevant.

Still early days for this year but that was worrying again. Played well against the wind and after going 3 in front in the second half there should only have been one winner. The way Tyrone let it slip away was reminiscent of last year, lack of shape and leadership. Unrecognisable from the Iaforementioned team of 2021. It's not beyond them to pull things together but manner of that defeat a little concerning.
The performance in the aisf and final were outstanding that year and Tyrone were lauded for their thrilling football in Croke Park where all Irelands are won.  As good an AI as any ever won so dont listen to the b/s. I was there in 2010 and Cork won it because Down gave it away.
Donegal in 2012 were not better performers than Tyrone in 2021 either. also Dublin 13 and Kerry 14 were very iffy.
I think there will be a sting in the tail yet.  We need to move in the next few years away from the running game of Mc G and Meyler and get the ball in quick.  The game is changing very quickly again and so will our personnel up front in the next few months. To call for heads of an all ireland winning group and management within 16 months of winning Sam, is reminiscent of Derry and Coleman. I am not listening to that. I suspect we will go further than any Ulster or Connaught team this year.