Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Great age profile there to add number 5

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well done the over 40s, with O'Neill, Gormley, et al., still bossing it -- showing the Seniors how to retain an All-Ireland title!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

square_ball

With a little help from Fermanagh too. Marty McGrath crossing the county boundaries to help them over the line.

ONeill

That was a fine game. Got spicy in the second half too after the sending-off. O'Neill, Gormley and Gourley exuded class. Gourley a fit lad.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on September 10, 2022, 10:02:26 PM
With a little help from Fermanagh too. Marty McGrath crossing the county boundaries to help them over the line.

How does that work? Seems a bit unfair to me? But I suppose it's only the masters

laceer

Fermanagh mustn't have a masters team? Armagh man in the subs as well.

skeog

Brilliant game ,time for the finals to be held in a Stadium such as Clones.I am sure it could quite easily be done.

Baile an tuaigh

Stephen O Neill was my favorite player back in the day. I would love to have seen the game yesterday. I think that's 5 All-Irelands Stevie has now, some going. What a great competitor.

nrico2006

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 11, 2022, 12:54:17 PM
Stephen O Neill was my favorite player back in the day. I would love to have seen the game yesterday. I think that's 5 All-Irelands Stevie has now, some going. What a great competitor.

Probably more than 5 when you consider a minor, two u-21, three senior and the masters.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Baile an tuaigh

How could I forget his minor and two all Ireland U21 medals! So that makes it 8 all Irelands, which is incredible, right across the board minor to master's. So by my reckoning he must be the most decorated Tyrone player ever.

I remember when he won player of the year as well. Also played in North Americans one summer but I can't mined if they won it.

inroundthesquare

HokeyPokey

Mad the amount Stevie O'Neill achieved, but at the same time without injuries he could have done even more. One of the most gifted players there's ever been.

clarshack

Quote from: HokeyPokey on September 19, 2022, 11:31:52 AM
Mad the amount Stevie O'Neill achieved, but at the same time without injuries he could have done even more. One of the most gifted players there's ever been.

A real pity Tyrone fans didn't get to see much of him from 2006-2008 through injuries and him leaving the panel.

Under Lights

Few articles recently touting Conor Cush for a Tyrone senior role. Anyone else emerging from the championship in with a shout?

God14

Quote from: Under Lights on October 11, 2022, 06:21:49 AM
Few articles recently touting Conor Cush for a Tyrone senior role. Anyone else emerging from the championship in with a shout?

Cush & Ruairi Canavan have another year with the U20's
Important they continue to develop with that side, but as a consequence they will both unavailable for the NFL. Cant see management thrust them into Championship action with no league football under the belt.
Your looking at 2024 before we see R Canavan and Cush in the seniors
Its been a pretty good championship but not too many have really stood out for me.
Emmett McNabb was there last year but didn't get a chance due to injury. Id say he deserves a good run at it
Joe Oguz was there last year as well but seems to have come on a bit, and may get a chance too.