Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

McHugh and McGlennan dominated around the the mid due to their sheer size. McGlennan is a funny one. Not sure to make of him he makes it look easy sometimes and at others you feel he needs a bit of urgency about him.

Ruairi Canavan is just a class act. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call up to the seniors once the u20 campaign is over.

SHEEDY

As a Down man I was impressed with Tyrone, played well and when they got on top never looked like losing. Mcgleenon is some size (son of Matt?) Are canavan and cush sons of famous father's as well?

What was craic with match being in loughmacrory? Nice pitch but by god it's not the easiest to get to, middle of nowhere 😂
nil satis nisi optimum

Jim Bob

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 02, 2022, 10:46:07 PM
As a Down man I was impressed with Tyrone, played well and when they got on top never looked like losing. Mcgleenon is some size (son of Matt?) Are canavan and cush sons of famous father's as well?

What was craic with match being in loughmacrory? Nice pitch but by god it's not the easiest to get to, middle of nowhere 😂

All 3 sons of famous fathers indeed.   Loughmacrory strange venue indeed... no idea why there

Fuzzman

And Steve Donaghy son of Plunkett too.

redzone

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 03, 2022, 04:16:36 PM
And Steve Donaghy son of Plunkett too.
Is he not Colms son. Had a grt game as well

nrico2006

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 03, 2022, 07:18:26 PM
Worth mentioning the Senior county hurlers, won the NHL Div 3A title yesterday defeating Armagh in the league final at Owenbeg - they've had a fair few "close but no cigar" moments to try and get promoted to Division 2B over the last few years, so it's good to see them finally get there.

Have they not won a league over the past few years?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jim Bob

Anyone hear what the McGeary masterpiece went for at last nights Holy Trinity College Glenavon bash ?

HokeyPokey

Logan said Mattie Donnelly might be back for Fermanagh, so doesn't appear to have been too serious, big relief to hear that. O'Neill is also apparently ready to go. Good news.

God14

Quote from: HokeyPokey on April 08, 2022, 12:34:41 AM
Logan said Mattie Donnelly might be back for Fermanagh, so doesn't appear to have been too serious, big relief to hear that. O'Neill is also apparently ready to go. Good news.

It does sound encouraging, although the doubting Thomas in me thinks he's being a cute hure for some reason

If you read his actual comments, hes just acknowledged the hammy injury & confirmed MD is working hard at the rehab.

clubman21

Quote from: God14 on April 08, 2022, 09:09:28 AM

It does sound encouraging, although the doubting Thomas in me thinks he's being a cute hure for some reason

If you read his actual comments, hes just acknowledged the hammy injury & confirmed MD is working hard at the rehab.
Be doing well to see him in a trillick jersey never mind the counties. Repeat of the injury he got in 2019.

God14

Quote from: clubman21 on April 08, 2022, 09:12:05 AM
Quote from: God14 on April 08, 2022, 09:09:28 AM

Be doing well to see him in a trillick jersey never mind the counties. Repeat of the injury he got in 2019.

Thats what i heard as well from a few different ones. I was hoping it was just a chinese whisper.

TyroneClubs

SportsJoe have up that Petey has had appendix surgery and likely won't make it next week. Will have enough to be Fermanagh but hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later. Stepped up in league when needed, stepped up last year 🐐

HokeyPokey

Quote from: TyroneClubs on April 08, 2022, 12:23:09 PM
SportsJoe have up that Petey has had appendix surgery and likely won't make it next week. Will have enough to be Fermanagh but hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later. Stepped up in league when needed, stepped up last year 🐐

I assume it might put him back a tiny bit fitness wise, but not a huge amount, but otherwise won't impact him a whole pile.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 08, 2022, 02:54:53 PM
Logan said Mattie Donnelly might be back for Fermanagh, <snip>

Thought at first this meant he changed county allegiance!

Plenty folk keen to point to the boys leaving the panel as proof of discontent but if Mattie declares for Fermanagh there'll be no denying it ;D.

Great win for the U20s tonight and excellent game. Big McGleenan so like his father in build and way he carries himself. Had some great catches. Young Canavan also very good but overall a few boys there who can hopefully step up in the next wee while.

NotedObserver

The 2 Canavans going to be some handful for club and county