Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Tbh lads, mckenna and mcshane didn't have great aifs.  2 great pieces of skill for the goals but other than that there were missed frees, poor passes etc.  If these boys can find the form that they're capable of we'd be flying.  Canavan and mccurry are doing rightly.

tyrone08

Quote from: An Watcher on February 21, 2022, 03:09:06 PM
Tbh lads, mckenna and mcshane didn't have great aifs.  2 great pieces of skill for the goals but other than that there were missed frees, poor passes etc.  If these boys can find the form that they're capable of we'd be flying.  Canavan and mccurry are doing rightly.

I can understand mcshane as he was only back from injury but mckenna played majority of the games. Bar moments of genius the games largely passed him by.

This is the year that he really needs to step up and discover form.

HokeyPokey

I wouldn't get too worried about form at this stage. Conditions aren't great to put it mildly. It will be a different ball game when the ground dries up.

An Watcher

Yeah, early days.  Can't imagine Sat night will be much of a spectacle v donegal

Tyrone11234

We will peak come championship time- the dry pitch suits us with smaller ball winners all over the field

nrico2006

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 21, 2022, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 21, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

I can understand mcshane as he was only back from injury but mckenna played majority of the games. Bar moments of genius the games largely passed him by.

This is the year that he really needs to step up and discover form.

Both had genuine reasons for not showing true form last year.  It will take McKenna time to re-adjust and McShane also after the injury.  The fact that we are near a year further on should allow both to hopefully flourish.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleaflad

Quote from: God14 on February 18, 2022, 07:23:20 PM
Certainly the bones of a real good squad there GWC

Derry look very strong at u20 this time round, hard to look past them
Do we? Donegal beat us 3-14 to 0-06 there.

God14

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 22, 2022, 08:50:31 AM
Quote from: God14 on February 18, 2022, 07:23:20 PM
Certainly the bones of a real good squad there GWC

Derry look very strong at u20 this time round, hard to look past them
Do we? Donegal beat us 3-14 to 0-06 there.

not here to big up Derry, but the likes of Lachlan Murray & Matthew Downey were probably playing for your senior team at the weekend. There are no U20's playing senior intercounty football in our team. Recent success at mcrory & 2020 u17 all ireland suggests youse should be very competitive this time round

the goal was on

i highly doubt gallagher will release those in his senior panel for the u20's so that will severely weaken derry.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dire Ear

V Donegal Sat
Is Murphy playing?  Without him, Tyrone should win ???

Fuzzman

square_ball

Donegal were woeful against Kerry. I'd expect them to be better tomorrow night and Ballybofey is never easy to go to but fully expecting 2 points for Tyrone.

Fuzzman

They've not lost a league game there since 2010
"Improving Tyrone can end Ballybofey unbeaten streak and compund Donegal problems - The Irish News" https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/02/26/news/improving-tyrone-can-end-ballybofey-unbeaten-streak-and-compund-donegal-problems-2599283/

RoundBall

Niall Morgan; Michael McKernan, Padraig Hampsey, Frank Burns, Niall Sludden, Johnny Munroe, Peter Harte; Conn Kilpatrick, Brian Kennedy; Nathan Donnelly, Darragh Canavan, Conor Meyler, Darren McCurry, Conor McKenna, Paul Donaghy

Starting 15 for tonight.
An Ríocht Uí Néill