Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 12, 2021, 09:31:33 PM
Off the top of my head, some players who have recently retired / been dropped etc. from panel who could still do a job:
Colm Cavanagh
Padraig McNulty
Kyle Coney
Conal McCann
Ruari Sludden
Daniel Kerr
Aidan McCrory (one of our best players from last 20 years I might add!)

Add in a few U20s, nearly men / club journeymen e.g. Plunkett Kane and the 20ish players not covid positive and we'd still have a decent squad.  Surely picking a team from this, and probably getting beaten heavily is better than conceding the match or risking covid +ve players?

21 players training last!

redzone

Good laugh that. A few points.
Sluddens not playing for Dromore, mcrory completely done as is P Kane.
Mugsy did indeed play half forward in his first year and was damn good at it in a few games.
Hard to believe people would have packie in ahead of Morgan. A man tha wore  rugby boots to kick the ball out with. Brilliant shot stopper thou.
From my memory I think Art brought in Hub, Cormac, Philly, Mcguigan, Oneill, Mugsy into the panel in 02. Maybe a few more? Probably Mccrossan as well. Tyrone were so exciting to watch around that time with it all building up to the win in 03. Clones used to be jam packed at championship games and the Tyrone support was mental. Very vocal as well. Compare the Monaghan support at the ulster final to Tyrone support. It was embarrassing, hardly a whimper out the Tyrone contingent, those that bothered to travel.

Its a shame someone would use Cormac to try and troll on here but I suppose everyone has there flaws.
There is grt clip on youtube I seen, against Cavan around 02/03 of him dunting Dermot Mccabe in mid air with his hips and catching the ball. The ref unbelievably gave a free to Cavan. He immediately set the ball down on the ground, they kicked it in long straight away and reilly got a goal. That's how honest a player he was. No shite with him. What a role model. What he achieved from 97 to 04 with Tyrone was unreal. A true legend

https://youtu.be/GtQjGwTUYKM

viperhiggins

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on August 12, 2021, 05:42:33 PM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 12, 2021, 05:05:18 PM
All valid opinions, in hindsight I would maybe put S. O'Neill in for McShane. I think the physicality of today's game S. O'Neill's skill would not do nearly as much damage as if you put C. McShane into an 03 AI final. He would annihilate everything in his path. Colm McCullagh is a certainty in this time - the amount of times he has dragged Tyrone to wins is insane. O'Neill only played well when the team played well. McCullagh was one of if not THE most consistent player for Tyrone in the past 20 years with the exception of Sean Cavanagh of course.

McAnallen isn't near it either. I included him in the honourable mentions for his legacy not his football.

When I seen Morgan and mccrory left me baffled, is that justy or Joe in full back.. Has colly cavanagh in midfield ahead of hub Hughes. Richie donnelly ahead of Ger Cavlan (most naturally gifted and underrated footballers in Ireland)
You have selected mugsy in Wing half forward never seen mugsy play a senior game there ever, sure played a little youth there wouldn't have the work rate or legs for half forward. No mcguigan who pulled the strings in the naughties everything went through Brian, free kick outside 50 ball set down for mcguigan team of the decade. If your putting mcshane in for his one season wonder an honorable mention would then have to go to Ryan Mellon. Mcshane would annihilate seamus moynihan, you know they don't make them like they use too. Only thing I do agree with you is the stevie o Neill debate, mccullagg hardly kicked a ball for Tyrone because of his soccer allegiance, imo mccurry is better than mccullagh.. Mcanallens legacy, Tyrone found a 6'3 midfielder converted to full back a position he would have dominated for the next 8 seasons atleast. Viper has selected a Tyrone team mainly consistent of ulster winners. Morgan ahead of pascal lol no mistakes against monaghan he's due three the next day.. Consistency is key.

Hub over Col Cavanagh? Collie sitting pretty with an AI, 3 Ulster and 2 All-Stars in two different positions. No chance Kevin Hughes gets in over Colm. No. Chance.

viperhiggins

Quote from: redzone on August 12, 2021, 10:44:14 PM
Good laugh that. A few points.
Sluddens not playing for Dromore, mcrory completely done as is P Kane.
Mugsy did indeed play half forward in his first year and was damn good at it in a few games.
Hard to believe people would have packie in ahead of Morgan. A man tha wore  rugby boots to kick the ball out with. Brilliant shot stopper thou.
From my memory I think Art brought in Hub, Cormac, Philly, Mcguigan, Oneill, Mugsy into the panel in 02. Maybe a few more? Probably Mccrossan as well. Tyrone were so exciting to watch around that time with it all building up to the win in 03. Clones used to be jam packed at championship games and the Tyrone support was mental. Very vocal as well. Compare the Monaghan support at the ulster final to Tyrone support. It was embarrassing, hardly a whimper out the Tyrone contingent, those that bothered to travel.

Its a shame someone would use Cormac to try and troll on here but I suppose everyone has there flaws.
There is grt clip on youtube I seen, against Cavan around 02/03 of him dunting Dermot Mccabe in mid air with his hips and catching the ball. The ref unbelievably gave a free to Cavan. He immediately set the ball down on the ground, they kicked it in long straight away and reilly got a goal. That's how honest a player he was. No shite with him. What a role model. What he achieved from 97 to 04 with Tyrone was unreal. A true legend

https://youtu.be/GtQjGwTUYKM

McAnallen true Gael. Played with his heart on his sleeve. But, what's fair is fair and he misses out on my 2000s team.

TopOfTheRight13

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 13, 2021, 06:07:34 AM
Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on August 12, 2021, 05:42:33 PM
Quote from: viperhiggins on August 12, 2021, 05:05:18 PM
All valid opinions, in hindsight I would maybe put S. O'Neill in for McShane. I think the physicality of today's game S. O'Neill's skill would not do nearly as much damage as if you put C. McShane into an 03 AI final. He would annihilate everything in his path. Colm McCullagh is a certainty in this time - the amount of times he has dragged Tyrone to wins is insane. O'Neill only played well when the team played well. McCullagh was one of if not THE most consistent player for Tyrone in the past 20 years with the exception of Sean Cavanagh of course.

McAnallen isn't near it either. I included him in the honourable mentions for his legacy not his football.

When I seen Morgan and mccrory left me baffled, is that justy or Joe in full back.. Has colly cavanagh in midfield ahead of hub Hughes. Richie donnelly ahead of Ger Cavlan (most naturally gifted and underrated footballers in Ireland)
You have selected mugsy in Wing half forward never seen mugsy play a senior game there ever, sure played a little youth there wouldn't have the work rate or legs for half forward. No mcguigan who pulled the strings in the naughties everything went through Brian, free kick outside 50 ball set down for mcguigan team of the decade. If your putting mcshane in for his one season wonder an honorable mention would then have to go to Ryan Mellon. Mcshane would annihilate seamus moynihan, you know they don't make them like they use too. Only thing I do agree with you is the stevie o Neill debate, mccullagg hardly kicked a ball for Tyrone because of his soccer allegiance, imo mccurry is better than mccullagh.. Mcanallens legacy, Tyrone found a 6'3 midfielder converted to full back a position he would have dominated for the next 8 seasons atleast. Viper has selected a Tyrone team mainly consistent of ulster winners. Morgan ahead of pascal lol no mistakes against monaghan he's due three the next day.. Consistency is key.

Hub over Col Cavanagh? Collie sitting pretty with an AI, 3 Ulster and 2 All-Stars in two different positions. No chance Kevin Hughes gets in over Colm. No. Chance.

Hubs intensity in the tackle his strength, being able to hit men and stay on his feet, hub was MOM in ulster final 2003,played 05, Colly got three minutes in full forward in 08.. Teams mentality got colly his two all stars, not his football ability. Call a spade a spade.  Kerry scored a total 6 points in 03, in order to be regarded as the greatest you have to beat the greatest.

kickitin

anyone who thinks Viper is being serious with that team and is taking him on about it, is as stupid and embarrassing as he is

Fuzzman

I'm amazed how many people reacted. 😂
Great win for minors though I'd be worried at the amount of wides they kicked.
2012 the last time we won Ulster.

Dire Ear

Congratulations alright to the minors, esp the proud Dad on here,!!

RedHand88

omagh_gael

Excellent performance by the young lads, would have been some score if theyd brought the shooting boots. Seems to be a great spirit amongst the team and management. Cork will be a serious step up but great to have a minor title again after a relatively quiet few years.

Onthe40

Any update on the ticket situation., know of 3 families in our club still not sorted, still no correspondence from croke park or ticket master 5 days after initial allocations..Garvaghy playing the nothing to do with us card despite them collecting all names and liaising with croke park
Think the families have decided their not going now
An absolute shambles

nrico2006

Richie Donnelly shouldn't even get on the current Tyrone team never mind be near the discussion for best of 2000s. Hasn't done anything of note in his career yet.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GlenMan

Tyrone aren't fielding. Statement below.

This morning, the Tyrone GAA Management Committee has decided that it is not in a position to field its senior football team in the rescheduled All-Ireland football championship semifinal in Croke Park, on next Saturday.
Having received expert medical opinion on the existing, and future health and welfare of the players who contracted the Covid19 virus during the period of this last two weeks, and following consultation with the team's management, this decision has been made with the greatest reluctance, and with deep regret.
It is acknowledged that the decision taken will cause major disappointment and significant inconvenience for the Association, in general, the GAA fraternity of Kerry, and especially for Tyrone's patrons and supporters, but the welfare and safety of players has been the over-riding factor in all considerations of this difficult situation.

WT4E

Poor choice..... can this now be known as the rusty keggate

Mikhailov

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 14, 2021, 06:58:03 AM
I'm amazed how many people reacted. 😂
Great win for minors though I'd be worried at the amount of wides they kicked.
2012 the last time we won Ulster.

Won it in 2018, when it was first a U17 competition - I think I am correct