Last Man Standing

Started by time ticking away, April 19, 2013, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Why the hell should Ziggy get another go... for correctly predicting a winner after the event? Needs shot with a ball of his own dung for the sheer cheek.  Cant believe that..

Nally Stand

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on April 22, 2013, 12:31:06 PM
thought Brian Gormley would have got them going the year.it appears another baron year for them the year going by ydays result.

Lost his very first game in charge and you have him and the whole team written off for the entire year?!! Step away from the keyboard.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

LeoMc

anybody wanna shed light on what happened carmen yday? thought Brian Gormley would have got them going the year.it appears another baron year for them the year going by ydays result.
Maybe he is trying to have them peak for the championship in August rather than peaking in May?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 22, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
thought Brian Gormley would have got them going the year.it appears another baron year for them the year going by ydays result.

Lost his very first game in charge and you have him and the whole team written off for the entire year?!! Step away from the keyboard.

Nobody said anything about them winning a league yday, my point being a side with the culture and prestige that they have after not winning a Tyrone title since 2005 i sort of thought under Brian Gormley they would be right back up there as one of the teams to beat i was keenly looking out for their result yday.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

EC Unique

Was that Carmens first senior game on the fancy new pitch?

ziggysego

Quote from: rrhf on April 22, 2013, 02:51:04 PM
Why the hell should Ziggy get another go... for correctly predicting a winner after the event? Needs shot with a ball of his own dung for the sheer cheek.  Cant believe that..

I picked Errigal in another Last Man Standing competition last week, so there!  :P
Testing Accessibility

Wee Roddy

Add the the players named missing from Carmens team on Sunday Gaby McCallan and Ciaran McAleer and Ed Fox who have all pulled the . It was very much an experimental side with a few lads being tried in different positions as well. It wasnt heart beat them as being suggested but complete lack of experience against the wind. Remember Carmen nor Dromore cannot win the league so.....

LeoMc

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 23, 2013, 04:50:12 PM
Add the the players named missing from Carmens team on Sunday Gaby McCallan and Ciaran McAleer and Ed Fox who have all pulled the . It was very much an experimental side with a few lads being tried in different positions as well. It wasnt heart beat them as being suggested but complete lack of experience against the wind. Remember Carmen nor Dromore cannot win the league so.....
Still?
I thought it was a 1 year ban.

The Beard

Quote from: LeoMc on April 23, 2013, 05:18:17 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 23, 2013, 04:50:12 PM
Still?
I thought it was a 1 year ban.

id be surprisedif its two years. hopefully its not as makes a bit of a farce of the full thing

Nally Stand

Either club can win the league this year. The only two-year aspect was that neither club can host the tie between the two at home, hence two years of the fixture at a neutral venue.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

rrhf

Aye the garvaghy gate they called it. Well at least we will have a real league title race this year.

LeoMc

Quote from: rrhf on April 23, 2013, 10:53:08 PM
Aye the garvaghy gate they called it. Well at least we will have a real league title race this year.
Ironically, that would be a good neutral venue, half way between the two clubs.

rrhf

I see Conor Gormley as the heartbeat of that Carrickmore team - no team in Tyrone would bear out losing a player of his stature. As for Last man standing this week Im going for Derry .

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: rrhf on April 24, 2013, 09:44:52 AM
I see Conor Gormley as the heartbeat of that Carrickmore team - no team in Tyrone would bear out losing a player of his stature. As for Last man standing this week Im going for Derry .

i think to be safe im gonna stick with Dublin haha
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Up The Middle

why did Gormley not play on Sunday for Carmen?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.