Gamesmanship in Tyrone Football

Started by ExcellentDriver, August 15, 2011, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

The reason we shipped in 3 at Cookstown Yesterday was due to Big Marty's Suspension after being sent off against Dromore last week.

When will referees stand up to the constant Spain-esque hounding of the Ref by clubs such as Dromore and Omagh? They're obviously not taught Fair Play out West!  ::)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

sam03/05

even worse is this practice of teams giving other teams the points at the end of the season.
Makes the entire league a complete joke.
so far this season Coalisland have allowed Derrylaughan to win
and word has it that Killyclogher have given Moortown the points for their last game, thus keeping Moortown up.
this make the League a complete joke really.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 15, 2011, 05:49:00 PM
even worse is this practice of teams giving other teams the points at the end of the season.
and word has it that Killyclogher have given Moortown the points for their last game, thus keeping Moortown up.

Interesting.

I was at The Bridge Bar in Ballinderry and was told we deliberately threw Yesterday's Game to send Moortown down (probably just Ardboe wans winding the Moortown wans up at Sense last Night). Obviously the story about Killyclogher has debunked thon.

Club Rossa

Had a few Moortown men complaining to me last night about us giving Cookstown the points.Certainly not the case as Ardboe are still trying to make the top 4.

Tommo2

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 15, 2011, 05:49:00 PM

Why would killyclogher give moor town the points. I suspect u are a member of a club in Relegation trouble trying to inspire killyclogher. However, that is a terrible accusation against a club without any evidence.

Moortown Spuds

Well I knew the result of Greencastle and Eglish before the ball was thrown in. Apparantly the two clubs have a long standing arrangement when it comes to this matter! Quite pathetic really!

Wee Roddy

Whats as bad is teams asking for points and then roughing it up at  the start!!

Moortown Spuds

Carmen complaining about rough tactics-hope the ref didnt stand in your way!

ziggysego

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 16, 2011, 08:16:00 AM
Well I knew the result of Greencastle and Eglish before the ball was thrown in. Apparantly the two clubs have a long standing arrangement when it comes to this matter! Quite pathetic really!

You must be good, no-one in Greencastle knew the result before the game.
Testing Accessibility

Wee Roddy

Who was complaining about the rough tactics?? I am not saying Carmen were going to go easy but the game was level before a couple of heavy hits went in!!

snippets

No doubt Carmen are the roughest outfit in Tyrone, but I would always give them huge respect for always competing, you will never get anything easy up there, they have sound integrity. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 15, 2011, 07:33:39 PM
Had a few Moortown men complaining to me last night about us giving Cookstown the points.Certainly not the case as Ardboe are still trying to make the top 4.

Moortown wans really think they're God's gift to Tyrone.

Rivalry banter aside, Moortown have a few good Youngsters coming through (especially Lee Kelly, who roasted Philly Jordan when the Mals beat the Moy) but their Promotion was probably a Year or two too early.

StGallsGAA

DNF and accusations of allegedly throwing games usually occurs in the last couple of game of the season.   What about giving a incentive  for winning games when nothing left to play for?  e.g. any single ban the the club receives in the following season is halved if they win their last two games from the previous season?   

attheraces

Such a simple solution don't know why it is isn't implemented.

Make the league be seeding of sorts for the championship.

Groups 1,2,3 and 4. Group 1 made up of teams finished 1-4 in the league. Group 2 teams 5-8. Group 3 teams 9-12. Group 4 remainder and newly promoted clubs.

Group 1 teams are drawn against group 4 teams. Group 2 vs group 3.

Also making a win worth three points would help things as well.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.