Dermot Carlin

Started by DCR, October 28, 2009, 08:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

I remember he was one of Tyrone's best players in 2007 and Harte inexplicably didn't play him in the quarter final against Meath. It wasn't one of Harte's better days at the office... are you allowed to say that? :o  Dooher was selected despite being too injured to play and he left Cavlan in full forward for most of the game although he was getting roasted by Darren Fay. I am an admirer of Dermy and don't believe he always got  a fair chance from the Tyrone boss. 

redhandloo

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 28, 2009, 05:37:24 PM
I remember he was one of Tyrone's best players in 2007 and Harte inexplicably didn't play him in the quarter final against Meath. It wasn't one of Harte's better days at the office... are you allowed to say that? :o  Dooher was selected despite being too injured to play and he left Cavlan in full forward for most of the game although he was getting roasted by Darren Fay. I am an admirer of Dermy and don't believe he always got  a fair chance from the Tyrone boss.
Can't argue with any of that
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

LeoMc

Quote from: up tyrone on October 28, 2009, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on October 28, 2009, 10:32:05 AM
Also remember him playing a ulster final against Monaghan 2007 and had a great match, he came of the bench against Mayo the same year and played well. 

His best position imo is half back and this is the main problem because seemly no matter how bad Philly or Davey play they will not be dropped
More a less what your saying is that micky only picks a team on loyalty if dermy was in better form in training he`d be picked  ahead of either two if their form was poor,the reason dermy looks good is because is on the attack  so much, i`d doubt his defensive capabilities.Imo sean oneill would be streets ahead of him,i`ve noticed since th cork game davey and philly have come in for severe criticism within tyrone u`d nearly think their was nobody else from tyrone playing that day.Maybe in the case of Philly he was playing with an injury that was that severe it could keep him out of action for 6mths.

Yet Joradan was still played!!!
The same faith wasn't shown to Sean Cavanagh.

Archie Mitchell

Cavanagh said he wasn't fit for the full game. 

tyronefan

Quote from: up tyrone on October 28, 2009, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on October 28, 2009, 10:32:05 AM
Also remember him playing a ulster final against Monaghan 2007 and had a great match, he came of the bench against Mayo the same year and played well. 

His best position imo is half back and this is the main problem because seemly no matter how bad Philly or Davey play they will not be dropped
More a less what your saying is that micky only picks a team on loyalty if dermy was in better form in training he`d be picked  ahead of either two if their form was poor,the reason dermy looks good is because is on the attack  so much, i`d doubt his defensive capabilities.Imo sean oneill would be streets ahead of him,i`ve noticed since th cork game davey and philly have come in for severe criticism within tyrone u`d nearly think their was nobody else from tyrone playing that day.Maybe in the case of Philly he was playing with an injury that was that severe it could keep him out of action for 6mths.

Thats my point exactly, Philly is a very good player but had a bad year and not just for the Cork match.

Maybe he should have been rested and give Dermy a run for a couple of match's.

DCR

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 28, 2009, 05:37:24 PM
It wasn't one of Harte's better days at the office... are you allowed to say that? :o

No you are not allowed to question Mickey's infallibility - you risk incurring the wrath of his many fans (including me) who hang on his every word on subjects ranging from Birth Control to Road Safety.

mick the master

you forgot about spitting!! :D

DCR

Quote from: mick the master on October 29, 2009, 01:35:24 PM
you forgot about spitting!! :D

So I did.
Doesn't matter if you grab someone by the testicles or knee him in the groin. But don't spit out your water.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dermy definitely deserves his place in the squad, and will yet command his place on the first team proper. He's not yet quite the finished, polished County footballer article, but not far off it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cookstownblue

Dermot could be back in the team this year, word on the street is that Philly Jordan hip is still giving him bother and may not play very much this year at all

screenmachine

I heard jordan will be out most of the year washing his caravan cos he's nothin but a dirty divin gypsy...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: screenmachine on January 05, 2010, 01:00:38 PM
I heard jordan will be out most of the year washing his caravan cos he's nothin but a dirty divin gypsy...

Washing is something that would not keep you Derry wans busy too long anyhow...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

screenmachine

ah now, we all know what they say about tyrone folk...they're wa*kers
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: screenmachine on January 05, 2010, 01:28:30 PM
ah now, we all know what they say about tyrone folk...they're wa*kers

Very true. Sure the last loc of years we have been walkers who have walked up the steps of the Hogan Stand brave and often.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

cookstownblue

Why are Derry wans so bitter?????????

Must be something to do with our 3 AI's, cant believe a screen man is trying to give stick too.......lol :D