Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

How could anyone say Dungannon have a better squad than Errigal
A squad that has 8 or 9 county players versus a squad with none

RedHand88

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 12, 2022, 12:30:37 PM

How many years is it since Errigal won a title?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: bigtogs on October 11, 2022, 10:03:35 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 11, 2022, 07:55:28 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on October 11, 2022, 06:28:55 PM
Don't think Dromore are anywhere near as good as Errigal. I think they will win easy enough.

At this stage of the championship it is about more than just ability.

I fully agree Dungannon arguably have the best panel in the county but they will continue to struggle against the more streetwise teams in the championship they need to realise championship and league is different stuff .. Sometimes if not all the time you need to keep it tight at the back and win ugly if needed. Winning playing flamboyant football will work every now and again but more often than not it wont work.
The conditions didn't do Dungannon many favours as it meant McKearney and the two Jones couldnt have the effect on the game that they could potentially of had and they are vitally important for Dungannon.
Dromore are a tough nut to crack and have maybe the best team to match up with whoever they come up against, there won't be much between Errigal and them. Niall Sludden being fit for 60 minutes will be important, he made a massive impact against Omagh.

Onthe40

agree.. will be a close one.. Dromore are happy grinding out 1 point wins.. as per last sun they will take a low scoring, defensive hold on to the ball encounter

mysticmac

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 12, 2022, 01:16:56 PM
Don't think Dromore are anywhere near as good as Errigal. I think they will win easy enough.

I fully agree Dungannon arguably have the best panel in the county but they will continue to struggle against the more streetwise teams in the championship they need to realise championship and league is different stuff .. Sometimes if not all the time you need to keep it tight at the back and win ugly if needed. Winning playing flamboyant football will work every now and again but more often than not it wont work.
The conditions didn't do Dungannon many favours as it meant McKearney and the two Jones couldnt have the effect on the game that they could potentially of had and they are vitally important for Dungannon.
Dromore are a tough nut to crack and have maybe the best team to match up with whoever they come up against, there won't be much between Errigal and them. Niall Sludden being fit for 60 minutes will be important, he made a massive impact against Omagh.
Yea, what your basically saying is that dungannon cant win unless its a good dry day in healy park and they get to go 15 on 15 thinking they cant get beat🙈

sensethetone

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 12, 2022, 12:55:19 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on October 12, 2022, 12:30:37 PM

How many years is it since Errigal won a title?

2013/4? Think they had Enda and Cormac McGinley at MF with Enda capt.

Think in Ultser they beat B/derry in Omagh- were something like 10-5 up at half time and won 10-9.. could be wrong

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 12, 2022, 01:16:56 PM

Conditions at this time of year don't do any teams any favour. The 3 players you mentioned are not the biggest but there were plenty of players of that physical stature who had great games over the weekend in horrendous conditions. Very unfair to blame those 3 as a reason for defeat.
In my opinion, the Clarkes (whilst a great outfit) are too one dimensional. Any team that thinks 15v15 will beat Errigal need their head examined.
Errigal made it a dog fight with intensity and unfortunately on the day Dungannon didn't match it.

inroundthesquare

Not the deciding factor but the breeze changed with the heavy shower at halftime and ended up favouring Errigal in both halves. Dungannon won the toss too.

the goal was on

dungannon playing against a strong breeze in first half left the canavans inside man on man for large parts of that first half! would collie holmes leave clifford and o shea isolated against mc namee and hampsey?

breakingball78

What's the predictions for the SFC semi finals and Intermediate and Junior finals?? I'm going Errigal, Clonoe, Galbally and Stewartstown. Errigal seem to be the team to beat but if Clonoe can overcome Carrickmore I would not be one bit surprised they put it up to them in the final. Galbally may have got lucky against Killeeshil with a last kick to draw it but Galbally have been there before and done it. Edendorks cockiness might get the better of them on the day... hopefully turns out to be a great game. As for the junior final stewartstown unbeaten in the league it would be hard to go by them. I could see that game either being a Stewartstown hammering match or being a real low scoring game.

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: breakingball78 on October 12, 2022, 07:03:31 PM
What's the predictions for the SFC semi finals and Intermediate and Junior finals?? I'm going Errigal, Clonoe, Galbally and Stewartstown. Errigal seem to be the team to beat but if Clonoe can overcome Carrickmore I would not be one bit surprised they put it up to them in the final. Galbally may have got lucky against Killeeshil with a last kick to draw it but Galbally have been there before and done it. Edendorks cockiness might get the better of them on the day... hopefully turns out to be a great game. As for the junior final stewartstown unbeaten in the league it would be hard to go by them. I could see that game either being a Stewartstown hammering match or being a real low scoring game.
Errigal by 6 for me, don't think Dromore can contain all 10 county men they have. Clonoe might just put their relegation playoff back another week if they can get a full 60 out of McNulty
Edendork will have too much for galbally. Outstanding shooting by McCurry against eglish and could easily beat Galbally on his own. With the money Galbally are paying the management they'd better have an answer for him or I imagine they'll be made redundant.

Dire Ear

Full Time After Extra Time
Coill an Chlochair   0-08
Tri Leac                     0-10

Trillick league champs

clarshack

H/T in the first semi and it's poor enough stuff tbh. 0-5 each.

Tyrone11234

Clonoe definitely getting relegated- worst I've seen them in years